1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Journey of Elliy [The Washing-is-Impossible Journal]

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Journeys' started by Kyshies, Jun 20, 2021.

1. OP
    OP
    Kyshies

Kyshies Slimy

Mar 13, 2020
    8:54 PM
    Elliy
    F/P Arch Mage
    Entry #3, Summer Event Edition

Hi! Been a long time. I've been keeping busy farming the Summer Event for AP Resets (about 20/50 so far!). I farmed so much Ulu 2 that I've basically outpaced my vote NX. But I'm also thinking to just sit on the AP and slowly wash it as I go, since I basically have more than enough TMA to 1hit Ulu2.

upload_2021-9-11_0-43-11.png

Currently, I have 5 AP bloodwashed into MP, and 25 unused AP. I'm planning to level up till 147, because that is when I will be able to 1-hit Petrifighters once I have all my level-up AP run through the whole MP Wash > Stale HP Wash process.

Also I got to do some BPQ. It's a lot of fun watching other Mages and Bishops die to dispel while I tank a Pianus hit without MG whilst animation locked in Meteor. Heh. Here's my HP with Hyper Body. I have to say that having enough HP to survive without MG makes bossing a lot more comfortable. Tons more.

upload_2021-9-11_1-10-13.png

upload_2021-9-11_1-8-7.png

upload_2021-9-11_1-8-28.png

That aside, I've also entered the Community Summer Event. My submission can be found here, so if you have the time do take a look at it! I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I did writing it!

Also, last but not least, I realised that I'm guildless. And so, J> Beaters. I like beating stuff too LOL. Mostly meat. Help spread the word! Since, you know, they only recruit the best of the best. Special Special Forces, if you will.

See ya!

• Like Like x 5
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
  2. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Love the progress, keep it up!
    I'm so jealous you already passed my hp whilst I'm lvl 174

3. OP
    OP
    Kyshies

Kyshies Slimy

Mar 13, 2020
    Elliy
    F/P Arch Mage
    I'm so jealous that you're an I/L. Hehe.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  4. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    11:54 AM
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    Wait.. correct me if I'm wrong but I was told that F/P via Meteor had the highest base damage in the game? or something along those lines.. I was planning on making one just for that reason, should I still go for F/P or should I switch over? Its still currently on Maple Island as of now so about level 7 still lol.

Also, it seems that the threads title is sort of contradicts whats happening since it looks really good so far, I'm also going to be MP washing my Arch Mage its currently NX farming.

Great job on your progress and hope this journal continues showing that washing is indeed possible :)

I remember something in the lines of you'll be losing out on SP points if you level past 14 to get job advance, so I'm not sure if staying as a beginner would suffice.

5. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    You should be asking yourself what you want to use the Archmage for.
    If you plan on using it purely to farm maps / leech then a F/P is vastly superior and I don't see a reason not to go them. You'll be roughly 6 levels ahead of the i/l counterpart in terms of damage.
    If you want to enjoy suboptimal bossing with an Archmage you should definitely consider going for I/L as there's notable bosses with lightning weakness and plenty of bosses that have poison immunity leaving f/p near useless.

In my opinion bossing with a mage is extremely fun and can be somewhat challenging but it's far from optimal dpm wise.
    So plan ahead and think about what your goals are with the Archmage.

EDIT: Since recent patches have removed poison immune on bosses F/P is now by far the superior bossing ArchMage. late game the difference is roughly 70 TMA between Paralyze and Chainlightning after accounting for cast speeds.

IL only wins out at lightning weak bosses

This comes down to planning, there's plenty of skills you can miss out so losing out on some is not an issue. You should calculate how far you can push this and how much more HP you will really be gaining, is it worth it? that's up to you

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Kyshies

Kyshies Slimy

Mar 13, 2020
    Elliy
    F/P Arch Mage
    I'm just memeing, haha. You know, as the children are wont to do these days.

For reals tho, I/L would've been a better choice for me, in retrospect. There's no real reason to wash a Mage unless you want to boss, and while F/P's Paralyze is strong, many bosses are just straight up immune to Poison (Neo Tokyo except Auf Haven, who isn't out yet). Fire Demon is basically useless and Meteor hits hard but is too slow and burns mana pots. Lightning, on the other hand...

Not to mention that many of the benefits of rolling an F/P (Mist Levelling, easier 1-hit requirements) have been neutered by my Bishop babysitting Elliy. I will say that F/P is great as a first character (along with a HS mule) and meso farmer to fund an actual attacker class, but unless changes happen to poison immunity or Fire Demon gets buffed to not be total trash F/P isn't exactly the best for what I want. Oh well.

I still did it anyway, tho. Partly because I was lazy and wanted to reuse my Bishop's Ele wand 5, and also because I've always found F/P to be a unique and special thing back in the MapleSEA days. :/

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Myungsoo

Myungsoo Slimy

Apr 10, 2020
    Male
    Robinn
    Crossbowman
    Jesus that's intense magic. Can you show or list your gear? I'm curious how it's organized.

8. OP
    OP
    Kyshies

Kyshies Slimy

Mar 13, 2020
    Elliy
    F/P Arch Mage
    It's on the first post!

9. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    11:54 AM
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    Whoa, nice gear.. are you thinking about Chaos Scrolling your YSS to get more INT?

10. OP
    OP
    Kyshies

Kyshies Slimy

Mar 13, 2020
    Elliy
    F/P Arch Mage
    Probably not because I'm funding a Night Lord now.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    Kyshies

Kyshies Slimy

Mar 13, 2020
    Elliy
    F/P Arch Mage
    Entry #4: Post-Summer Event Check-in

upload_2021-10-4_19-29-10.png

The event is over, and 50/50 AP Resets farmed! Here is the final stat tally. I will have enough TMA to 1-hit Petrifighters once I process all this unused AP, and then I'll be able to sell Petri leech! Yay!

Have a nice day!

Attached Files:

• Great Work Great Work x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    That's a STONKY mage.