1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Junk Yard

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Annolis, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    3:21 AM
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Hood/Agape
    Hello Everyone,

I've been running The Junk Yard in Channel 6 FM 2 ever since we came down from 9 channels to 6. (Before then, I was in Channel 7 FM 1). I've had a lot of positive reviews about my crazy set of stores and I thought it might be a good idea to put up this post about what it is I'm doing and how The Junk Yard works. Because I'm doing a specialty set of stores (and a lot of them), I chose to carve myself a spot in the FM away from the more popular places. For some reason, some people feel the need to prop open their stores in the middle of that room when I accidentally let my stores lapse. There's nothing I can do about it except to ask that if you really feel the need to open a store in CH6 FM2 of all places if you could kindly place them on the left side of the room, please? I know you don't have to listen to this and you have a full right to place your store anywhere in the FM you please - I'm just asking as a courtesy. I chose this place to avoid getting into a turf war. Thank you very much for your understanding.

Some of you may already know that I'm working on getting all 12 of my characters (one of each job type) to 4th Job all at the same time without leeching. When Kimberly updated the server to have Monster Book Cards, including the Tier Rings, I had recently gotten all 12 to 3rd Job. I'm aiming for as close to 100% quest completion on all characters as possible. I thought getting them all to level 85 (because MPQ had not yet been released) would be a logical next step. So when the Tier Rings came out, I set out with my first character to get as many sets as possible, given he was already 75-78 or so. Being a quester, I looked at all these lovely etc drops I was getting from farming cards and thought, "These would all be great for people who want to complete their quests quickly." So I opened my shops and though word-of-mouth, my stores have been operating nicely ever since.

Sometimes people make requests. I have to apologize if those requests aren't filled any time soon because I'm getting Monster Cards for whichever character I'm working on. They start on Victoria Island and move through the world. Personally, I start with filling the Red Tab, then Orange, then Yellow, and if I haven't achieved 5th Tier yet, I start in on the Green Tab. This is why the stores are what they are (why you won't see too many drops from El Nath, and none from Leafre). There are some drops I just won't sell because I may still need them for quests on other characters or they're of specific importance to one day providing other heavily sought after items (these include Pig Heads, Jr. / Ice / Fire Sentinel Shell Pieces). One day I will have Orbis Scrolls available, but it won't be for awhile. Eventually, I'd like to open up an Ore/Plate store, but that, too, is a ways off still.

As for my other stores that provide level 40+ above-average-Equips, Pet/Mount food, NTS, NLC, and DM Return Scrolls, Magic/Summon Rocks, All-Cures, and NLC Pots, I have them there as an additional convenience. But I've got to tell you, it takes about 30 minutes to cycle through all 13 stores when it comes time to reopen them. I try to keep them stocked as best I can, but there will be some days when I won't be able to tend to them for 20+ hours. Life is like that. I don't mind because I feel any good server should have a couple players providing some of these essentials for everyone, and one of the things I loved doing in GMS (Khaini) was being a merchant. If you do have requests, the only things I can provide on request are items that can be found in NPC shops that are specific to particular areas (e.g. Wizard Potions from NLC and Coke Zero Pills from Cokeland).

Once the character I'm working on has obtained a Tier 5 Ring, I focus on quests again - which is why you'll sometimes see a small influx of etc items in random stores. If I've presented this information correctly, I hope you'll see that I'm not stocking my stores as a means to building a business, but rather a windfall from my card hunting. Nevertheless, I do appreciate the business I receive from other players. I may not be making much, but it does help fund my 12 characters - which is not easy to do.

PS: Just a heads-up, starting in early June I will be travelling through Europe (Italy, Switzerland, Austria) for 3-4 weeks, which means my stores will likely not be up for a long time.

• Like Like x 15
    • Great Work Great Work x 11
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  2. postcard

postcard Selkie Jr.

Aug 17, 2018
    Postcard
    Bowmaster
    Vivid
    you're doing great!!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Crayo

Crayo Chronos

Oct 26, 2018
    Male
    6:21 AM
    If you're trying to do all quests on all chars I have no clue how you ever manage have any extra mateon tentacles or toy drums.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Hood/Agape
    They are all finished, actually. But that was all done before the Monster Book came out, so now any extra Mateon Tentacles and Toy Drums I get are from hunting cards.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  5. Lumina

Lumina Master Chronos

Jul 31, 2017
    Female
    NYC
    Night Lord
    BanStrike-1
    noooooo we need you, plz don't leave us for amazing real life experiences like traveling europe :cry::cry::cry:
    All in all, thank you for the junk yard :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
  7. OP
    OP
    Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Hood/Agape
    I haven't decided yet. It's either 100 or 120, for sure. I won't really know until they're all 85 and I start my WK on his journey forward.

8. Jase

Jase Mixed Golem

May 18, 2017
    Male
    Brampton, ON
    Forever
    Assassin
    Legacy
    ily

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Blonde

Blonde Capt. Latanica

Apr 8, 2018
    Male
    hell
    6:21 PM
    Blonde
    Bowman
    I LOVE THE JUNKYARD

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Lulinya

Lulinya Selkie Jr.

Aug 25, 2018
    Male
    5:21 PM
    Lulynia
    Beginner, F/P Mage
    My aim is making friends while PQing, events making those PQs spot emty all the time haiz, but your goal is like fourth time bigger than mine lul, I have enough mules to solo lpq and opq for now lul (without notice)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Hood/Agape
    I have done OPQ solo - it's arduous, but possible. Back when I did LPQ there was no need to solo it. I did take 2 characters at a time whenever I could and I would always demand to be on 1 and 4 on the puzzle stage. Manning two keyboards was a lot of fun and got quite the reaction out of others when my dual transitions were smooth. =o)

Right now my characters need to do quests involving PPQ and MPQ. Technically, quite a few of them can still OPQ because they're still level 70, but the first thing I focus on is the Ellin Ring and then the Tier Rings.

12. OP
    OP
    Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Hood/Agape
    Bumping this and I edited my initial post with some Bold emphasis. I don't know why I'm getting into a turf war again, but I'd appreciate it if it would stop, please.

• Agree Agree x 2