1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

The MapleLegends Situation [Commentary]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pixel, Jul 14, 2021.

1. Pixel

Pixel Mixed Golem

Jun 17, 2018
    3:05 AM
    DragonMaid
    Outlaw
    I'm ready for your funny reactions dislike reactions but i feel like this has to be said

It's been a long journey, the sickness happened, players came and left, and MapleLegends has changed (War has changed)

And there's this underspoken feel in the community , and while i cannot call myself the true speaker of facts i just want to address many points that currently bother me in the game and the community, not in hate-throw/vent at everyone but more likely as a tackling of different points the way i see them and hopefully it opens healthy discussion, tho knowing ANY community (not just ML) it may not be, still my hopes are up

Overall the current changes of the game i think have happened are the voting changes AND the allowing of multiclients in the game, and while i personally like these changes i feel like they're the keypoints of the current state of this server.

What did the voting changes caused? (also Gacha revamp)

When the voting changes happened, allowing us to vote on more of one account, and changing gachas to a grind reward everyone seemed so happy if it wasnt for the reason that the Magician class is just absurdly broken in terms of mobbing in general

When no classes have the option to nuke 12 monsters in the map (maybe DKs a bit with Dragon roar)
    Magicians have turned leeching into a win win situation where they basically get paid by the players which they already did, to also making absurd profit from gacha themselves.

and while i am well aware the chances of finding a WS/CS are minimal and im sure there's already an average ''income'' per gacha,, i feel like it doesnt matter

Any mage with ult who can 1 shot any mob , can basically do an ult every 5 seconds, teleporting to the next ULT casting spot takes less than 1 second, and 0 if it's a small map like ULU, in total it would be 120-144 monsters per minute, while any other class who has only 6 monsters per attack (if they're all in range) inability to one shot could maybe kill, like 30-36 monsters per second, and im not here to bring math, but even if mages had like 1/3rd of gacha chance than any other mobbing class , they still get more gacha per minute.

And im sure we all know this by now so all of that crunching is pointless

The FOCUS of Maplelegends

''But voting was splitting , no one used their NX to buy gacha, only AP washing''

Like i said on that reply, people rarely used NX for AP washing, if anything it was a 30% for the people who KNEW about HP washing , and 70% for the ones who didnt and wanted to make stonks out of their gacha, myself included.

People did want to get WS/CS from gacha, that's why it was cheap (And the lack of buyers too) but saying that all the playerbase focused solely on washing is a selfish claim, either it would be if i claimed all of them did Gachapon

I'll bring the subject of HP washing and stuff in a while , but ML has this absurd focus thinking that their entire community are only the endgamers, the bossers , and everyone in the meta.
    Me? I'm definitely not a newbie, but i consider myself in the middle stage

But it always infuriates me when the community loudly speaks itself as black or white , between bossers/mobbers, bossing stage vs PQ stage.

That's the whole reason why the whole 100-130 gap has had troubles during the event AND IM NOT IN THAT AREA AT THE MOMENT but we have to stop thinking like we're the center of the server, we're part of a whole and as a whole, things aren't going well in my opinion.

Ariant got changed to bigger maps, maps designed for a game where players 80-100 would grind in a game where everyone had flash jump, the whole point of ariant at this moment was to skip 30-35 with the questline, now it's a torturous walk in the desert for classes without mobility , aka everyone but mage

But who isnt complaining right? cuz 120 classes can farm cards more easily, that's ALL THAT MATTERS , and those same players will rather keep this change because ''i dont play 30-35 that much, and if i do i can just suck it up'' and that mentality hurts, the map wasnt made for you.

What did it need? bigger map density? A TELEPORT TO ARIANT maybe.

I remember vividly when the 70+ raffles were added in events clumsily
    Thank you to the developer team for making events more lively now, but i recall when this was made and the whole 70- playerbase got left without event cuz all the fun things were confined to 3rd job and onwards, and everyone was like ''just get there lol'' 'they wont notice it, why bother'' ''they might quit before it matters so why make content for them''

I'm done kicking a dead horse here, but i hope you see the issue, that they aren't ML, you guys aren't Maple Legends, we are all are, regardless who quits or who doesn't , compromises have to be made for everyone. not just for the one end of the spectrum

Multiclienting and being spoiled

I was one who wanted a multi client, and i admit i didnt had any ambitions other than keeping my store up , or transfering safely between accounts.

I admit i liked the idea of HS mules or HB mules.
    I didnt knew what this would evolve to.
    And this may be the most-complainy part of this thread
    But we have gotten rotten (wow how dramatic, quote me on this for memes)
    Not just mages but the whole balance of classes, everyone balancing classes on having SI and SE, even outside cooperative bossing, just solo bosses like Neo Tokyo,

Mages having SI, now removed thank god, and complaining out loud about having sweeper mules removed as if they DESERVE THEM,
    Paladins got NERFED because they got muled.
    Imagine just having your main class nerfed because others used it as a tool, as a mule.

We are all gotten the game from a cooperative experience to just trying to break the game and complaining when forced to go back

Even when the events got nerfed to 70+ to avoid muling, people still muled just harder, the only people hit by the nerf were the people who were just started

Mules ruin everything, players mule hard on HPQ to get extra rewards and the ones who pay are the 100-130 range who can't PQ outsideo f HPQ and cant probably grind

Mobbers vs Bossers.

Stop thinking ONLY mages grind/mob,
    Don't get me wrong i am IN FAVOR of giving more rewards to bossers
    Bishops however get the best of both worlds am i right? BALANCE

i just personally dont feel like buffs should go ONLY to bossers, and that doesn't mean, give less to bossers from what is originally planned, but maybe also balance the rewards towards players that STILL cant boss or like mobbing and arent mages
    AHEM 90-130 LEVEL RANGE OR ANY ATTACKER WHO ISNT JUST BOSSING past that level?

CWK is good a step in the RIGHT direction, just sad that my pally cant make use of it cuz guardians resist all elements and farming on different resistant mobs is just pain but that's just me being lazy to get to 133 i admit.

PLEASE just nerf mage, PLEASE ok but striaghtforward shitty wish washing, we need balance.

Mages will flip if i ask for them to get nerfed but maybe buff every non-mage class on mobbing other than just a gacha nerf on mobbing? i feel like it just hurts every mobbing skill and leaves mages untouched since i feel their reduced rates with ult is still the same as a 1v1 attacker with pain, or better.

HP washing and how it affects the game.
    Oh boy here we go.
    What am i gonna say that hasnt been said a million times, and i am not gonna claim it's probably not the case.

HP washing is an unhealthy mechanic ON THIS SERVER.
    and let me explain why.
    1.- Has made attackers into a non-gameplay
    People are being absurdly okay with just ''Attackers are just meant to not grind and leech to 140 until we are fully washed cuz we need INT to wash'' while it kills basically 3 out of 5 classes in the game.

2.-Is based around Leeching
    While leeching could be a pay-for-time, way to make mesos , it's b asically a required part of point 1 , basically.

3.- Time gate is not a healthy way to play the game.

Many players who decide on make an attacker now, still need to wait for 1-2 years to play their attacker and yes IT IS REQUIRED, even with the best HP equipment you get to like 7k by searchign in your sofa for HP equips, lose on DPS and you're still far from doing PB

the argument that ''you can still get by, just dodge'' is basically just ''try not getting hit ever'' is an impossible task by everyone, even the best player will get hit ,and at least make the ress worth on someone who wont die by the basic tickle of a monster.

While i understand voting daily is a way to get our server relevant i dont feel like holding AP resets like
    Sprite-0001.png

Is the right way
    Sacrificing your entire event for only 5% of your AP resets is not the right way, either.

We really need to delete this mechanic, itll be healthier for classes

But we keep gating the easiest ways to balance by
    ''But what about my thief, i can just get 30k HP then''

Then do it? what is it gonna stop you?
    Like washing to 18k vs 30k makes no difference
    you still get 2 shot by PB, yes you may survive other bosses by 3 instead of 2 shots, and what , you may s till die if you die like a monkey, i dont think one hit will matter, is not like that has stopped warriors (minus DK), some warriors still play without 30k HP even tho they have an easier time to get to that point , dont they?
    All that people want is just get to all bosses, not be 1 shot by REGULAR MONSTERS and play their favorite class, mages will still be mages, warriors might go to another attacker if htey finally feel they dont need to dedicate their whole life to it, attackers might finally play their class on the road the way they wanted

AND SWEATIES WILL STILL SWEAT, mages will still aim for 10k HP 30K mp, attackers will still aim for 30k , including warriors and only a few really do get there

And you may bring the quote that no one plays warriors if people would play attackers, but im sure that would be easily outdone if more balances/buffs would be put in the right direction?

Like make warriors better at DPS, to compesate for their melee range/speed.
    Make ranged attackers more flexible, making them more like a good add instead of a MUST if they can be replaced

Make Mages from OP to just REALLY GOOD at mobbing, and make them better at bossing.

The current changes to white scrolls, bossing , etc seem to keep avoiding the problems the server put on itself
    Mobbing based gacha
    Broken Mobbing classes.
    Balances on the thought that people WILL mule.
    The rarity of classes other than Mage/Warrior because of HP washing and its accessibility

The whole boomer argument that making things easier will invalidate the efforts of previous players
    Only the contrarian would say that they wouldnt be happy if things as washing , or balances to the game happened
    ''I would be mad if they made HP washing easier''
    As if old people didnt feel mad that work can be done by computers when they had to handwrite everything, things can be better for everyone

For mages who leech, could raise prices if leech becomes more of a luxury and being better for bossing at the expense of a linear stereotype based on mobbing
    Melee classes having better buffs, compensating their damage, rather than being muled as HH, HB and SI mules.
    Ranged classes having an easy way to build their character, to finally ahve a fuin way to experience 1st to 4th job without leech and without sacrificing.

Having a healthier way to keep players in, voting for a better accumulative reward, perhaps not WS/CS directly, but something other than NX, dumb idea, maybe 100% scrolls that work like 10% i think they're GM scrolls, but are untradeable and take like 3-4 months to make one with voting points, that way people don't profit from voting like making mesos,s but still have a way to make one, and the voting poitns can also be used for special hair/eyes/NX rotation,
    It would take like 21 months - 28 months to make a perfect item so is not like that's ognna destroy the white scroll market unless someone is super super patient. and voting on mules wont help since they cant trade it.

It's all the wishy washy stuff but i really feel the game could go much healthier if we just stopped refusing to leave this whole Leech//Bosser split idea
    Where mages must be money makers, others must be bossers, everyone before or who doesn't fit in the equation isn't a player to be accounted for.

I feel like im missing a couple points , but i wanted to gather my thoughts as much as i could
    And i want actual discussion to go here, im willing to listen, to why things cant change

But i wont answer to simply ''this cant change cuz i dont want it'' ''it doesnt benefit me directly'' cuz i feel most of the players are grown accostumed to the things it should be but it only will lead to more ''custom'' changes like the WS changes or sweeper nerfs and i dont think anyone wants that. (im not talking about the bossing changes)

• Great Work Great Work x 9
    • Disagree Disagree x 8
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    5:05 AM
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
    Great work compiling this.. maybe you could try to clean some typos once u have the time.
    I'm feeling overall the same way as you, and i agree with most of your points, specially the HP washing one.

Apart from that i just want to add, since you mentioned at the beggining of this post, that the removal of funny reactions here at the forums also contributed to this feeling of "WTH is going on with MapleLegends?", at least for me, tho.

3. jesscapades

jesscapades Pac Pinky

Jun 24, 2019
    Female
    4:05 AM
    jesscapades
    Shadower
    Homies
    I'll give you my honest feedback on this post, and please keep in mind that I mean this constructively and not maliciously. It's extremely difficult to follow your arguments here due to the poor writing. Your post lacks structure (sentences -> paragraphs -> intro + thesis + body + conclusion) and reads like an unorganized ramble/rant. There's an overuse of commas leading to run-on sentences everywhere. Spelling mistakes and typos are fine, as a reader can almost always infer what the intended spelling is; they only become an issue when they're frequent, which isn't the case here. Overall I think if you restructure and trim down your post I think you'll get better responses, especially because people tend to lose attention when posts get too long. It might be easier to convert this into bullet points instead, but you should still aim to provide a clear intro, thesis, and conclusion surrounding them.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Informative Informative x 2
  4. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    In regards to the map changes in ariant they literally have teleports at both ends to get to the other side. You can cross them faster than you could before.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. OP
    OP
    Pixel

Pixel Mixed Golem

Jun 17, 2018
    DragonMaid
    Outlaw
    yeah i understand no offense taken

I think i spent too much time gathering thoughts that i didnt took the time to check for structure, i'll try to fix it later (getting kinda late for me)

• Friendly Friendly x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    I don't personally find hp washing itself a problem. I think that the limitations set by staff to allowing and/or assisting you to reach your goal is a problem. I enjoy still trying to reach a goal. A lot of your complaints, however, seem like you want this to be more like current GMS.

When I was a new player, gachapon dropping from mobs was one of my favorite features of the server. It helped me get money to fund my character and I still think this was a great change.

Yes mages are kinda op when it comes to grinding but gacha isn't even the main source of income for them and is just a benefit. Changing this will lower current ws/cs coming in as well which will cause a problem.

7. Kyshies

Kyshies Slimy

Mar 13, 2020
    10:05 AM
    Elliy
    F/P Arch Mage
    Why do you hate mages so much :(

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  8. Cowbelle

Cowbelle Mushmom

Jul 11, 2020
    Female
    1:05 AM
    Cowbelle
    Beginner
    Homies
    Is this really the only argument you think the pro-HP washing group has? The only time I /actually/ see this argument is in a reply like yours, where it is used to make the opposition seem spiteful and mean. I feel like I have seen so many more solid reasons to why removing HP washing would have many implications on the server's wellbeing and health, and also is not this monstrous undertaking (in direct replies to you, even) that everyone makes it out to be. To continuously infantize your opposition's argument to what you put above makes you seem like you're cherry picking or completely ignoring the actual arguments presented.
    • Here is a link to a forum post similar to your sentiments on HP washing. There are many quality and empathetic responses in this thread providing the opposing viewpoint. I want to point out AioriaX's reply in particular.
    • Here is your suggestion post where people responded thoughtfully as well.
    • Here is a great forum post discussing HP washing and how to prevent overwashing.
    Out of those threads, I feel like your complaints with HP washing are answered and have solutions presented. Maybe you can explain what roadblock you are hitting with your characters and we can come up with solutions together?

• Like Like x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    Honestly I don’t even really have any problems with mages being OP at grinding. That’s their niche. The real problem is there are quite a few attacker classes that are just painfully bad at grinding. Adding hp wash into the mix really doesn’t help, all of the sudden NL goes from really bad to nearly unbearable. Which is why I am planning on posting some skill changes for my class xbow when I have ruminated on it a bit more.

Generally speaking though, I just see no reason why attackers mobbing abilities haven’t been buffed when they would still pale in comparison to the alternative. Right now leeching from a mage seems like such an obvious choice that it almost makes grinding yourself seem stupid. You’ve heard it a million times before, someone recommending a new player start a mage instead of starting the class they’d like to play. I think the balance should be shifted at least to a point where while it is clearly optimal to play a mage, you can still respectably make progress as an attacker in your own right.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. TsungHung

TsungHung Timer

Feb 19, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    4:05 PM
    zzzz
    Bowmaster
    Demure
    Imagine your main character are mage and got NERFED because they got muled.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    tl;dr: there are people out there who actually puts effort in this game and i hate that I'm compelled to do the same

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. Jaynus

Jaynus Timer

Mar 19, 2020
    Male
    6:05 PM
    Dralith
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    So you want sweeping (not literally) changes to the entire game that will definitely turn the game upside down?

13. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    I think a lot of it is well understood to be a problem in terms of balance, but creating solutions is a lot more difficult than noticing the problem itself. Between the coding, the politic, and the long discussions, it's an incredibly time consuming process to apply the solution staff believe would have the least negative implications outside of the problem area. Sometimes there are no good answers, but either way you're held accountable for both the answers that upset people and for the non-answers to a problem that hasn't been dealt with.

• Like Like x 3
  14. OP
    OP
    Pixel

Pixel Mixed Golem

Jun 17, 2018
    DragonMaid
    Outlaw
    I do feel that way, but i feel like the more changes that are happening, we're digging a hole deeper and deeper that we won't be able to get back out

Sure put it that way if you really want to be petty, more like ''The game is gonna keep breaking and the changes we're making could be standarized in a compromised if only we werent this petty or stubborn''

But it doesn't get nerfed does it? i hate to say it , but everything is balanced around magicians and keeping mages as they are.

i agree with you, i don't want this to be like current GMS, but i feel like after the changes to gacha/mules, we arent even like old-school maple either, people refuse to know that there was HP washing back then but there was

But there wasnt mules for skills, no one had vaccums called sweepers, etc and that's why im saying, ML has changed and separated itself, but we had a glass floor that's basically being broken more and more and people refuse to correct it or to rather make things more equal

Everytime an argument rises, people keep blaming it on ''effort'' and like a few threads people think this is just me being lazy or hating on mages when all i see is that changes will keep happening cuz we are refusing to see the source of the problem, it's not that mages are broken, is more like the game allowed it to go further beyond and it has one be one or the other, having both just creates a sharp difference.

AioriaX post
    1.-This goes back to argument that HP washing works, it does work, it is doable, but it shouldnt be doable, the problem is that we keep getting more and more content where the current options are not enough, and it do require it , the HP items that the game give helpers to ease the goal but it still dont take it completely, it definitely is not a race or a thing to compare.

But the way that it is required and don't tell me is not because at this point with a big part of bosses and content, it is required, that sacrificing 3/4 of your levels leeching , and HP washing is a healthy way to play 3 out of 5 classes.

My HP increase item post.
    I do recall it and the main argument i got about it like i said is that this had no measures to avoid the ''30k HP attacker that would be too broken''
    and like i said on this post, all we need to do is 1.- buff warriors so they dont fade into obscurity , and it's not just making hits go harder

Also ironically AioriaX post counters the arguments i got about my item
    ''Sweaty players will always exploit the easiest most efficient ways to make mesos / gain exp / kill bosses, no matter the odds. One nerf here leads to a next newly discovered meta. Nerf the mannequin map, and someone else discovers that the best map to grind at is CDs, etc.''

I even said it here, there's many reasons other than just ''Remove HP washing cuz im too lazy to farm cash'' which btw i am doing, i can live with it
    but just because i can doesn't mean it's the best way.
    It's a damn game i would like to play the classes, and i feel like there's a way to ease this up without altering the balance of the game, to keep game identities, the game alive, maybe i am not a know it all, but i sure hope that it is more than this numbers game we're all currently playing, is it so bad and why people just shoot me down like if i was spouting targeted attacks at them

Not really, but i wanted to make a call to attention before changes go live, and we keep being in this kind of ''meta'' , and im not talking about bosser/mobbing, or mage meta, im talking about everything as a whole, about how every point before keeps the other bound, because is not that i hate everyone is happy about how things are, but refuse to think how things could be better just because it may not directly benefit them after they spent time but could be hoenstly better for everyone including them.

Is like saying ''you'll get $50 instead of $100 but now you don't have to pay $200 for a chair instead only $50'' and people just complain about getting less money, idk my metaphors are weird, but is like kind of the point is hard to explain.

FR tho
    Hehehe my mage hate is really a meme, i don't hate mages, i hate how the game is being balanced around them basically, how things have to be considered on leeching, on making mules, on balancing drops and stuff with the idea that mages sadly can powerfarm things to hell,

I never had the idea to nerf mages to hell, but i feel like magician fans could get more AND be seen more than just farming machines
    i love threads of mages trying something else, not that i want those to be the only thing they do, but to be less of a meme like ''bosser mage''
    just like bishop is seen as a support class other than just leech, that archmages have something else to do

I just never play mages, because i prefer physical attack calculations, but that's just my choice.
    I even wanted to play IL but again my hate isnt at magician class is about the position and implication their existence have on the server
    Also forgive my habit of repeating myself over and over

15. Oradious

Oradious Mr. Anchor

Aug 28, 2018
    Male
    4:05 PM
    Oradious
    F/P Arch Mage, Gunslinger, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    Untradeable != not profitable

RE: 65% scroll service, while multi voting is also allowed = perf weapon in 4 months if you have 7 accounts you vote on daily.

16. OP
    OP
    Pixel

Pixel Mixed Golem

Jun 17, 2018
    DragonMaid
    Outlaw
    Like i said it was a ''dumb idea'' it was something i spouted randomly as an example, of a long term goal, it didnt necessarily had to be it.

17. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    5:05 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    I really have no idea why my hero/DK 3shots ob5 gets gach ticket way faster than my bish/AM oneshots ulu2. Measured almost hundreds of hours. Seems im doing something wrong...

• Like Like x 5
  18. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    A bit contradicting :p
    upload_2021-7-15_10-50-44.png

I'm a mage main myself and I do think you've got some valid points in your post but as long as there's no valid solutions presented that can properly be discussed your post here won't be taken all to serious by the majority of people as it seems like nothing but a hard to read rant.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. OP
    OP
    Pixel

Pixel Mixed Golem

Jun 17, 2018
    DragonMaid
    Outlaw
    Idk if you're joking, is 5am i havent slept , but i mean is discord and is obvious i am never gonna make a serious statement x3
    is like saying ''i hate mondays'' but you dont swear them off or ''i hate my neighbor'' even tho you just feel he's annoying and hate is jus ta strong word you use deliberately ?

edit: also i didnt feel like adding a solution mostly cuz i felt like any proposal would have a possible flaw and therefore disregard the whole call to attention that this thread was made for rather continue

Is like saying ''hey stop!'' so then you can say ''okay you can go here''

• Like Like x 1
  20. Kyshies

Kyshies Slimy

Mar 13, 2020
    Elliy
    F/P Arch Mage
    The duality of the human soul, as seen in the juxtaposition of that picture and forum quote.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1