1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

The POGVentures Journal ii - THE RERUN

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Journeys' started by Motto, Oct 30, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    9:54 PM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    [​IMG]
    Hello, how long has it been...
    [​IMG]
    Lets start with some backtracking... it has been 285 days since the start of the POGVentures Journal, we've made plenty of memes and stupid maple-gaming adventures.
    In the last couple of months I haven't been playing and generally sat in the Discord chatting, dabbling at some other games (Slay the Spire principally and some Rimworld).

I've mainly stopped journaling during the end of Anniversary event / Summer event and for that fact, lets go with a full on TL;DR of various sections of my life.

Nothing changed, I'm still a degen Discord chatter watching YouTube all day long.
    [​IMG]
    Given I have come back to my parents home I have invested in a Rowing Machine (As per the last entries on the 1st Journal and started using it basically every second day (or so I think I am doing, cause I am lazy lol)
    [​IMG]
    Still haven't bought the new Macbooks, still using my good old fashioned 2013 MBP... waiting on the M2 re-design of the Air (In Yellow colour please thanks Apple).
    Starting to get a little more mentally healthy again, talking to people and stuff, I was kinda skeptical from the whole Covid situation to get sociable / go out with others.

In September I resigned from my previous job, which I've started in July (LULW) cause I wasn't really that happy with how the job perspective was going to be, I was promised to work on specific programming projects for the company, to later on understand it would've mostly been tool-using related... so No Code jobs (cool... but I wanted to get a job more closely knitted with Software Engineering).
    So I had the luck of getting called from another company in the province that works on Industrial Automation, did an in-person interview, visited the establishment and was given a contract the same day... 2 weeks later I started working there (the 4th of October).

A work month has passed now and well... I'm very happy of the choice I made, the job is Software Engineering in relation to PLC, Robotics and Vision.
    Most likely, if people are interested, I could speak more about work, cause for me, its really poggers.
    In just the first 4 weeks I've seen applications of Physics, Statistics, Engineering in Electrical, Mechanical and Pneumatics.
    [​IMG]

So, why is the Journal back?

I uhh.... got some interests in playing the game again, in a more pacific way, not pushing towards specific end-game goals (like PogShad was later on pointed towards).

I wanted to play a Corsair, because I have never really played it on Legends and, for what I tested, I am interested in the class.

Washing will be basically a non-existant interest for me for the first 100 levels.
    I want to make it as simple as possible to grind and train this character without the use of leech.

The only kind of INT I have given it was 30 Base INT, maybe later on (by LVL 70+) I'll see if my DMG range will be good enough to continue grinding while putting some Base INT.

I know that this char will not have the goal of bossing, cause I had that problem on my Shadower as well, I would say I'm a casual gamer, not much of a constant tryharding gamer, so for me, having the opportunity of slacking around (YouTube/Discord) while playing is more important and having to keep on mashing buttons for long periods of time ain't my gaming style.
    Maybe I'll make it able of doing Zak, cause that was a fun boss to run.
    [​IMG]

Pomodoro is my new Corsair (If you wanna buddy me, I'll have to increase my buddy list for sure).
    As one might think, Pomodoro means Tomato in Italian. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Objectives I have set for this Corsair is :
    • PPQ for the Pirate Hat and Pirate Chair
    • Card hunt, Tier ~6-7 by LVL 100, Tier 8-10 by LVL 120
    • Don't use Maple Guns, try to progress through guns
    • Equip the coolest gun, Judgement [​IMG]

I know, the objectives don't look that bad, I'm trying to do a chill gaming run.
    In my head I have the idea of getting to LVL 100 and resetting a bunch of APs into INT, MP Wash a bunch to lvl 120 and then be done with it. (Or get more Base INT later on by LVL 80+)

TBH, as long as I can do Zakum and Jiaoceng I feel like I'm complete, so maybe 7k HP by LVL 155?
    Any corsair pro that can attest to this would be nice

And with this, I hope to find y'all in game.

Thank you for reading and for being a [​IMG] POGVentures fan,
    keep in touch here or on Discord for more Journal entries.

[​IMG]

• Great Work Great Work x 13
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. braidgame

braidgame Pac Pinky

Jun 21, 2015
    Pluto
    3:54 AM
    Outside
    Beginner
    Flow
    All the legends are back!FoxF2OnionPerfect

Enjoy the new journey~

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    3:54 PM
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    [​IMG]
    Yellow Gang Era
    Stardate 99429.54
    (yes i'm Star Trek nerd, too lazy to use Days counter)

Ayowoop, first day done. [​IMG]
    We got the lvl 30 dank class upgrade to Gunslinger.

I will be working slowly towards lvl 40ish so that I can have fun with FatSlothFatSloth at LPQ cause playing that hell PQ alone would become a mental strain.
    [​IMG]

I moved to Ariant and got ready to do the questline, then complete some quests back in Victoria... and grind grind grind.

Friendly Mentions
    [​IMG] Gratz to my boye AinzAinz for the cool +27 avoid pirate shoes, ez rich.
    In better news... AlvinAlvin YELLOW GANG

~

Given today was a Saturday, all I did was Maple and Discord, will now consume the night watching movies / anime and Discord.
    [​IMG] First episode of Star Trek Prodigy is out, for anyone thats interested.

Have fun and light speed for this Hiyoween!
    Stay safe.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  5. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    1:54 PM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    Motto finally took the whitepill.
    We're gonna make it bros. We're all gonna fucking make it.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    [​IMG] Skuman [​IMG]

7. OP
    OP
    Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] OwO Cats [​IMG]
    Stardate 99431.6

Game
    Farmed some more levels and quests this morning and we be fresh :
    [​IMG]
    Yes got that juicy combo of Grilled Cheese and Coke Pills. [​IMG]

[​IMG] Last night while watching anime I created a simple roadmap to lvl ~40/45 to :
    1. Get Tier 2 or ~3 Monsterbook Ring (Might be doable reaching Tier 3)
    2. Gather a couple of Split Bullets and Mighty Bullets (Man why are they not sold in stores sadge)
    3. Get a lvl 45 gun and scroll it (with 60s most likely)

Other
    Last night I watched the last released episode of Foundation, quite poggers, and started the Star Trek Prodigy cartoon series... interesting first episode, it will pick up the pace I guess.

Given its Halloween and tomorrow I'll be on holiday I'll just chill, watch some random stuff and Discord.

Sports (edited in)
    I almost forgot to add the best (in my opinion) part of the POGVentures journal i, the sports section.

Throwback to this Wednesday erging (rowing) :
    [​IMG]

And today I completed another session, went a bit better than last one :
    [​IMG]

My objective in general with health is to cut down some fat and get a bit more healthy, especially for endurance related sports.

I haven't climbed in a long time and I know that, the part that was mostly hindering me was the weight and the fact I couldn't endure long enough during high intensity movements.

Erging, aka Rowing on land (I guess AinzAinz ?) can be done on machines like these :
    [​IMG]
    TL;DR on the reason I brought one is that, in terms of exercising against a Bike or Running / Incline stairs is the fact that its more enjoyable and less painful.

The sounds ,especially on this model is kinda loud, cause its pushing air... but at least it does its job fine... AKA burn me fat ass.
    [​IMG]

I'm mainly targeting 10min per 4 intervals, right now I'm slowly ramping up (gonna take some months) to get not so tired when doing lower interval times.

At the moment I'm going through 6min x 4 intervals with a 1min rest in between where I don't take a real break, I just slow down and take it easier to recuperate some air.

So yeah, sports section is back.
    [​IMG]

Have a nice Sunday.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
  8. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    You're going to hella overlevel 45 if you wanna get T3 :^)

• Like Like x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    [​IMG]
    Muh cards
    Stardate 99434.1
    Game
    Had a nice card hunt session, grabbing 15 card sets for the night.
    [​IMG] PTSD from getting Blue Snail and Axe Stumps cards

Various encounters for the night... such as Stamps (ChrisChris ) with some joking around
    [​IMG]
    tentacle anime drawings when

And the friendly beginner Jean [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'll have to think of a way to make completed cards more visually understandable, so I can keep track of the killed monsters.

A fun fact for the week is a secret about Pomodoro.
    [​IMG]
    He might seem like a completely normal chicken cat gun handler.... but he's actually....
    [​IMG]
    Blind! So be careful when standing next to him, he can't distinguish friend or foe that easily.
    [​IMG]
    Mans handling a gun with safety, so that might help.

Life
    Today is All Saints day and its a day off here in Italy so no work.
    I'll most likely just watch some youtube after the devastating card grind I had to do for the night/morning.
    [​IMG]

Gonna watch the last episodes of Brooklyn Nine Nine season 8 as well!

Sports
    Will have to update this afternoon cause morning workouts are devastating lmfao.

Have a nice Monday afternoon guys.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  10. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Tfw its 2021 and you're still not doing fasted morning cardio smfh

• Creative Creative x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    [​IMG]
    Chill Day
    Stardate 99437.64

[​IMG] Game

I don't have the forces after work to play, so I just did some general FM stuff. (find out at Life section)
    This morning I opened a shop and sold a bunch of gacha scrolls and stuff (+40m ez clap)
    And another 20m coming from the warrior OA that AinzAinz gave me back (stuff I gave him eons ago I forgot about [​IMG] ).

So we looking pretty fresh :
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Life

Soooooooo today I blacked out after coming back from work.
    Reason? I'm stupid.
    [​IMG]

I forgot to eat breakfast and I didn't remember that I was about to do a long day in the workshop... I walked over 17k steps today with the "breakfast" energy coming from a cup of coffee and air (that I breathe).

My lunch was well... I did not plan it right, they had some good stuff, but I went for a salad and some random chicken nuggets [​IMG]

Long story short, in the afternoon I was having a slight headache but I didn't mind it.

Got home, sat on the toilet just to check on discord before taking a shower... and I blacked out.
    Fully dressed [​IMG]

Holy shit, lucky this happened at home.
    Lesson learnt today I guess.

Remember to eat and have the energies to actually not die.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Work

Work today was fun and intense.
    I'm right now working on some coffee machine water pumps that pressurize the water onto the coffee filters, its an interesting mechanical block with a vacuum chamber produced from the aspiration of air.
    So it safely reduces the amount of water drip into the coffee mugs or onto the plate below after the coffee mug is moved away.

Its mostly a demo machine thats being used to try out the various tests that will have to be executed on the completed products. (kinda poggers cause normally we work on automating the pieces assembly, not so often on the end tests)
    The test I had to complete today (which took a lot of walking and moving stuff) was mostly related to the water flow through the pump chamber, calculating mL/s (millilitres per second, or for the Americans ounces per second).
    A data curve is analyzed and, for what I have proposed, using a standard deviation based on the first 50 data entries, detect if there is some kind of leakage or air bubble passing through the water tube.

The famous 17k steps I've taken was mostly by the most obnoxious work cycle ever :
    1. Write some debug code
    2. Get up and reset the machinery (so the data instance on it gets cleared, else it could make some errors)
    3. Try out the code (water next to electricity [​IMG] )
    4. Clean the instruments and the pump (smh theres some pressure problem on the water tank, and it drips some water)
    5. Look at the data curve and analyze it (issues, changes made, calculate by hand/excel, check the instruments if maybe they correlate to some data discrepancy)
    6. Repeat

For now, after testing over 50 times, the function I've created works correctly and, even by abusing the water tubes, the machine understands the current data entry is not in the valid range and safely blocks the entrance of water through the system.
    Aka +1 for me, my mentor was actually [​IMG] about my solution.

With this, cya on Discord...
    [​IMG]
    Have a nice Tuesday!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  12. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Pls don't die ur my fav Italian

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    1:54 PM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    Yo this lore tho...
    Alright but when did Katia become an egirl?
    I'm seriously pogging for u Motto. SlimeShocked

14. OP
    OP
    Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    [​IMG]
    Sit mode ON
    Stardate 99440.6

[​IMG] Game

I've consumed the early evening hunting another 4 card sets and almost LVLin UP (80% atm).
    Still have to plan on how to card hunt, will most likely aim at doing every mob below lvl 40 in Victoria (not the flying ones) and then move to Orbis.

Wooohh 19 card sets!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Other than that, not much has happened, collecting a bunch more gacha to do a big gacha run this saturday, to open a shop for funds.

[​IMG] Sports

Tonight I rowed (erg), as per routine.
    [​IMG]
    Monday I forgot to erg
    , cause my brain is ADHD .

[​IMG]
    I improved my Watts output, which in terms improved my pace and my distance traveled.
    During the rest I actually slowed down a bunch, cause I was pulling harder during the intervals... the third interval was strangely tiresome, then... for no reason at all, my brain went power mode and did the last interval in complete serenity...

Ah well these bodies be strange.

[​IMG] Work

Today I mostly trialed and calibrated the sensors cause tomorrow I'll be receiving the various hundred coffee machine pumps to try out in the next couple of days.
    The client is coming on the next Wednesday, gotta have something to showcase to em.

I actually joined a meeting in regards to this project, might actually happen that I will be the primary software engineer following this project because my mentor is already busy with 2 other machines.
    [​IMG] (he will still support me if I got questions)

For what I've seen, during the kickoff meeting was that the machine would be huge, almost 15x12 meters, with a good dozen of these testing machines I'm prototyping, had to present some data, in relation to the tests I've made in the morning, and some electrical/mechanics/pneumatic engineers asked me questions about the various changes I had to do to the machinery (in terms of sensors positioning / fluid disposal system and such.

Quite a poggers day ngl.

It is Wednesday my dudes.
    Have fun!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Very wholesome content 10/10 would read again

16. OP
    OP
    Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    [​IMG]
    Lazy man is what lazy man isn't
    Stardate 99445.96

Yesterday I didn't post but I did complete a set of cards and today I completed the other one in the map (Both masks in Perion).
    And I joined Funk!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I didn't really feel like doing much yesterday and much the same today, haven't done any rowing for the night.
    Tired mostly from doing stuff at work.

[​IMG]
    Work

As I suspected this morning I would have had to test over 150 coffee pumps and problems rose up.

The issue came out after I plotted the data points on a scatter plot for pressure dispersion and viewing actual pressure(P) and ΔP difference between working and stabilized chamber...

The tests for the same pumps weren't homogenous and they were quite dispersed.
    [​IMG]
    This problem is kinda bad cause they test should find if a specific product is a working one or defective... and if the same pump has problems to be homogenous in its testing... it can be quite bothersome.

Had to track down values all day long and will most likely consume all Monday creating plots and possibly finding correlations between the dispersion differences between the tests.

Oh well, its weekend!
    Have a chill night.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    3:54 PM
    Christopher