1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Sushi Problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Andrew Jeon, Aug 15, 2020.

1. Andrew Jeon

Andrew Jeon Blue Snail

Apr 5, 2020
    Male
    5:32 AM
    JKLOL
    Dark Knight, Ranger
    Simple
    Hello, I have been playing the DK class for some months now and have been loving the overall experience especially when it comes to the berserk mechanic.

DKs rely on being under 55% HP for our damage which is something unique to our class and thus buying the right pots and using them at the right time also becomes a DK mechanic.

Because of our potting and zerking situation, we suffer especially from pot burn to the point where many boss runs are not economically worth going on unless the drops are great.
    example: In Zakum we cant be near the Bishop so no heal and no dispel. This means we use up to 200 acp a run on top of pots.

An example of a good DK potion at a good price point is Ginseng Root:
    40% HP and MP at 2100 Mesos from NLC
    priceofginsengroot.png

With this potion you will be zerking most of the time but you will sometimes be forced into an awkward hp percentage just over your berserk range.

Now lets bring in Triangle Sushis:
    20% HP and MP at 3000 Mesos from Ninja Castle.!!??
    sushiprice.png

For exactly half the healing of Ginseng Root you pay 900 more mesos per sushi.
    This makes absolutely no sense from just about any stand point.

Triangle Sushi is a potion that only Dark Knights would consider using, a class with already expensive pot burn. Other warrior classes have great damage without having to rely on berserk and the pot burn that comes with it. This is just an unnecessary hurdle for a class that doesn't need it.

I understand that sushis were added to ninja castle grocer at a later date which was an amazing idea but at a 3k price point it just does not make sense.

Please lower the price of Triangle Sushis ;-;

-From a dk

• Agree Agree x 24
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. Junga17

Junga17 Blue Snail

May 21, 2020
    Male
    Junga
    Beginner
    TRUE

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. hqearth

hqearth Red Snail

Dec 22, 2019
    Female
    hqearth
    F/P Wizard
    I agree. DKs are getting greased!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. Gaia

Gaia Slime

May 6, 2020
    Male
    2:32 AM
    Gaia
    LOWER THE PRICE OF GODDAMN SUSHI

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    I agree it doesn’t make logical sense but it’s way better than where DK were at. We used to spend 5k mesos per reindeer milk which heal a staggering 5k hp and 0mp. Even at 3k per sushi it’s still a big win imo.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Macaboo

Macaboo Blue Snail

Apr 20, 2020
    Female
    Macaboo
    Beginner
  7. Martin Ha

Martin Ha Blue Snail

Apr 20, 2020
    Male
    martyballer
    Night Lord
    Kyoto
    Agreed, DKs having to pay more for zerk pots that heal less than others is pretty scuffed. Cmon MapleLegends lets help out our friends who keep our squishy classes alive :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Gaia

Gaia Slime

May 6, 2020
    Male
    Gaia
    A problem being less of a problem is still a problem :watching:

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. briandoeee

briandoeee Slime

Jul 9, 2020
    Male
    Higurashi
    Marksman
    Simple
    I agree! Lower the price of sushi! DK's deserve it for protecting us skinny folk.

10. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    All a matter of perspective I suppose. I fought for a long time to even get sushi added in the game so just to have them in an NPC was a huge win. Is it a problem that ginseng is cheaper than sushi and heals more? Sure I guess but it’s not something I’d fight to change tbh.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. LilBlack

LilBlack Slime

Mar 28, 2020
    Male
    LilBlack
    Night Lord, Assassin
    Although I can see where you're coming from, 3000 mesos for 20% hp/mp is a ridiculous price to pay for when you can easily buy something that heals for more for a lower price. Every class will buy the cheaper potions except DKs where they have to rely on Berzerk for full damage output. The discrimination of potion prices towards DKs is very unjust and something should be done about it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. dragonqla5

dragonqla5 Blue Snail

Jan 22, 2016
    Male
    Bowmaster, Chief Bandit
    I agree, make ginseng roots 6k and ginger ales to 9k. Power elixers should also be sold for 15k.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    3:32 AM
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    You will trigger some people who thinks they're the reason that sushi is now purchasable kekw
    The price should get adjusted in my opinion.. we waste around like 5m+- for 2 standart horntail runs while not being one of "the top" dpm.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  14. ichangs15

ichangs15 Snail

May 22, 2020
    Male
    RealKimJong
    Warrior
    say dat

15. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    3:32 AM
    Skucci
    Shadower
  16. jesscapades

jesscapades Pac Pinky

Jun 24, 2019
    Female
    jesscapades
    Shadower
    Homies
    are you trying to talk shit about pres? Just fucking @ him lmao or don’t talk shit about people

edit: dks have the highest cleave dpm tied with heros though. And why does dpm have to be correlated with hp pot cost?

• Funny Funny x 9
  17. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    The price was carefully considered for the health of the class. Making Sushi cheap would make DKs into a Hero clone with HB.

A lot of the hardline DKs enjoy the decision making and micromanagement that comes in managing berserk. It's a part of the class identity and that's something I believe should be accentuated in every class, to make them play and feel differently to one another. Classes come with positive characteristics while also having some drawbacks, and for DKs it comes in the form of getting HB while requiring either more attention or more money to play with the optimal DPM. Take away the drawback and you simply have a better Hero.

For Zakum I've just ended up standing inside the body rather than deal with stuns or seals, much like my Hero and Pally brethren. Inside I tend to use just ginseng roots with some sushi peppered in where I think it's needed.

The single target damage is pretty mediocre but at the same time in Horntail DKs outperform everyone other than Heroes and Arch Mages given a meta party comp, along with providing the best utility buff in the game. The cost isn't even that significant, an average HT will run me 1.8-1.9mil, and that's with using Sorcs over Mana Elixer Pills.

• Informative x 4
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Great Work x 1
  18. OP
    OP
    Andrew Jeon

Andrew Jeon Blue Snail

Apr 5, 2020
    Male
    JKLOL
    Dark Knight, Ranger
    Simple
    DKs have hyper body and berserk so i think they will always maintain their class originality and never become a hero clone. If Drks drawback is spending way more mesos potting to achieve our full damage then please tell me the draw backs of the Hero class. I don't believe lowering the price of sushis will ruin the DK class identity or the game.

I don't agree with standing in zakum body because that just means more pot burn when you can rush to avoid pillar stuns and acp is cheaper than hp potions.

HT is nice for us DK but when its a dry run we end up spending more mesos than other classes including our Hero and Pally brothers who have more % damage reduction than us + the hyper body we provide them.

p.s.
    thank you for you time and viewing the post ^^

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    I don't think Heroes are in a great spot currently. They're just bland, pure damage braindead cleave, with their only benefit being slightly more damage than DKs without the difficulty of playing and a party buff that's replaced by NPC pots. If DKs had as easy of a time potting as they did, then there really wouldn't be much of a reason to make a Hero in the first place[Though even now I tend to notice more Paladins popping up than Heroes, so I'm starting to think many of the people that would have gone Hero in 2015-2018 Legends have shifted their gaze to the almighty Paladin...]

The costs associated with HT are actually quite similar to what other melee and some of the squishy ranged folks have to spend. The only big outliers are mages spending a ton and shads spending quite little, with their cousins the bishops and NLs being round where they are too. I only thought it was a bad position when gulping milk was the only option for maintaining zerk in most of the game. Generally I use roughly 120 Sushis per HT, which comes out to roughly 360k. At the same time, I tend to use around 500 sorcerer elixirs per run, which cost me 750k total, but if I wanted to I could probably reduce that to 350-400k with Mana Elixir Pills, but with them pet MP pot tends to fail more so I've been hesitant. It just isn't that significant of a cost when it's applied conservatively. Sushi wasn't brought in to replace Ginsengs but to replace Milk/Cheese for maintenance of HP, and their usage has been similar for me with how I play the game.

It's also worth noting that DKs tend to have some differing(But in my opinion better) damage reduction than Heroes/Paladins do, as physical damage is more situational than elemental damage in bossing situations. Power Guard helps when face-tanking, but even then it's at a reduced value vs. bosses(20% vs. 40%) while the DKs Elemental Resist reduces most spell based damage by 40%. People shouldn't underestimate the skill, lately it's become one of my favorites. :^)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    3:17 PM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    I was looking forward to sushi and was happy to see sushi added.
    Alas, I don’t use sushi at all because of its cost. I just use the milk I passively loot while hunting mobs for dragon elixir + milk donated to me by my guildmates.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1