1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Sushi Problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Andrew Jeon, Aug 15, 2020.

1. Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    7:58 PM
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    Your best solution to handle this is not to make a dk. if buying sushi hurts your pocket dont buy it. anyways why it hurts your pocket? with 400 sushis (1,2m) you can literally do your 2 HT runs no problem. Sushi price means nothing compared to buy 500 cheese (2,25m) or Milk (2,5m) for 2 HT runs. ok if you feel that sushi its not healing you enought to consider it worthable i might say your hp its too low and you having hard time at zerking i am wrong?. 6k HP I get per sushi and as a DK you dont need to wash too much to get 18,750 hp clean (Aka 30k HP with your skill that you have in your hands always).

Well anyways if buying pots pushes you to poverty you gotta stop being a fm hoe and start farming or doing something productive.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    4:58 PM
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    We are memeing tho i like this guy
    And in regards to the other thing, I think its kinda meh that some classes don’t even get close to dks pot usage and they’re the better-pick than dks in bosses.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Percora

Percora Red Snail

Oct 28, 2019
    Male
    6:58 PM
    Percora
    Magician
    what bishops are using heal in zakum? angel ray does more damage!!!

I do agree though; Sushi should be around 1.5~1.8k.

4. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    3:58 PM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    People should really try to compare costs to squishy classes, because they'll tend to spend a lot more. They don't consider the value added by just having a 30k tank all of the time.

Let's say you're a Bowmaster with 10k HP clean, a Honster will heal 6,000 HP and cost 2800 mesos. It's a pretty similar cost to Sushi, only this is what you need to do for every hit. And it only gets more expensive if it's a 1/1, as in HT if wings are up you wouldn't be safe with only 6k, you'd need to double pot, increasing costs further.

With HB(And maybe a tiny bit more HP?) you'd be able to just use autopot Honster the whole fight, but it's still a pretty significant cost.

Also DKs are lucky they aren't sent into the confides of Legs/Tail for cleave, that's pot burn central. :^)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    Speak for yourself. If you run with Serperior you will get called a hero and "time to cleave leg/tail kekw".

• Funny Funny x 7
  6. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    MrHERO, one of the many alter ego's of MrPresident. Followed by MrPaladin

7. Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    7:58 PM
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    I ve never thought she do tell you to do such pepega move.

8. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    6:58 AM
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    They already give u a good dk buff and you still whine meanwhile my hero enrage skill buff has been ignored for a year.
    This is why they should just revert sushi's and remove dks in general since it's so underpowered class.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Ever

Ever Mixed Golem

Jun 23, 2017
    Female
    Ever
    Islander
    Team
    I get where xNivxxNivx & AlyoshaAlyosha are coming from, both of you guys have valid points.

As a DK main, even though I don't HT anymore after addition of Sushi, I find Sushi's price is pretty well balanced.
    You didn't have a choice other than Reindeer Milk (5k HP) or Cheese (4k HP) when you want to maintain Berserk during HT.
    Sushi gives you 20% HP & MP compared to Flat HP from two potions mentioned above, DKs should be satisfied about potion costs.
    You should be thankful that you don't literally have to spend 1 meso to 1 HP ratio.

Yes, it might seem quite unfair that Sushi's price/healing ratio is inferior to NLC pots if you just compare them face to face.
    However as AlyoshaAlyosha stated, DKs don't really use "that much" of potions during HT run if "you know when to pot or not to" compared to some "not heavily washed ranged attackers."
    You shouldn't pot just because your HP is below some HP threshold.
    For example, let's say your HP is around 7~8k HP when you are at right side cleaving 3 parts.
    You might die "only if" you take wing slap damage, other than that, you should not pot at all until you take damage.
    If you take 1/1 or 5~6k damage from buffed head, you can get away with using 1 ginseng root instead of just potting sushi.
    "You need to look what attack you will take next" and potion accordingly to maintain berserk efficiently.
    Moreover, I suggest DK players to practice mp pot manually since auto mp can fail auto hp sometimes.
    Don't get me wrong, this will surely cost you a lot of practices and deaths, it will be worth in the end if you really want to main DK.

TLDR;
    I don't think Sushi is overpriced, it's actually well balanced as is.
    DKs should work out how they can improve potting during boss fight, that's where the fun comes from maining DK.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    4:58 PM
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Your comment is basically the tl;dr of the whole discussion I think..
    You're 100% right, when I wrote down my comment it was based on "ok how do i make my life easier".
    So yea, 3k for each pot instead of 4.5k/5k is a pretty pog change and im grateful.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    4:43 AM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    Just beg for milk from your guildies. That’s what I do :)

I’ve heard new drks are using 1200 sushi for 2 ht runs and I’m baffled. I barely used 50milk per ht run.

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Aeom

Aeom Slime

May 29, 2017
    Female
    Aeom
    Marksman
    Shinsoo
    Ive GOT IT. It must be the plum, everything else is just rice, thats one expensive plum

• Funny Funny x 4
  13. Rizo

Rizo Mano

Jun 11, 2017
    Male
    5:58 PM
    Rizo
    Dragon Knight
    SPARTA
    Agree with Andrew. "the higher the recovery, the higher the price"

14. joota

joota Mr. Anchor Retired Staff

Jul 13, 2019
    Buccaneer
    Freelancer
    Just wanted to resurface this thread...

Was there any consideration for lower level Dark Knights and not-HT?

The price of sushi is a big barrier for newer players who don't have funds and don't have achilles yet. A new player with a level 130 dark knight will not be able to even cwkpq consistently based on the cost. Just using auto-hp at 35% with plum sushis, I use 500 sushis (1.5mil) on average per run (without achilles). This is an upper bound of cost since dark knights use both ginseng roots and sushis based on their hp, but what new player can spend even 1mil per run of cwkpq?

Can we also add all the different types of sushis to add diversity of pot types?
    upload_2021-6-4_9-50-47.png
    They can be charged with a premium like the 20% sushi compared to NLC pots but it would be great to have variety :)

I propose:
    - Triangular Sushi(plum): 20% hp and mp for 2000 mesos
    - Triangular Sushi(salmon): 30% hp and mp for 2500 mesos
    - Triangular Sushi(bonito): 40% hp and mp for 3000 mesos
    - Triangular Sushi(pollack): 50% hp and mp for 3500 mesos
    - Triangular Sushi(mushroom): 60% hp and mp for 4000 mesos

For comparison:
    - Ginseng Root: 40% hp and mp for 2100 mesos
    - Ginger Ale: 75% hp and mp for 3800 mesos
    - Elixir: 50% hp and mp for 3000 mesos (on average based on OwlRepo)
    - Power Elixir: 100% hp and mp for 4000 mesos (on average based on OwlRepo)

• Like Like x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  15. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    4:43 AM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    This exorbitant price was justified for being able to have greater up-time on zerk. You can absolutely make do without sushis.
    I have bought 0 sushis and used 0 sushis till date. (I use donated milk)

I am very vocal about my hate for sushis within my guild and friends because it dumbs down zerking. Prior to the addition of this luxury item, you'd be more aware of exactly when to use or not use cheese/milk. Now, new dks are putting them on autopot and spending upward of 1000 sushi per 2 HT runs instead of learning how to zerk efficiently and not blow mesos away. I absolutely am for the suggestion made by joot. If you're going to make zerking easy, give access to all - rich or poor.

Yours sincerely,
    a salty broke-ass DK

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that DKs use ginseng roots on autopot at a lower threshold (15%) and use sushi when they drop below the HP threshold of the highest attack (wings). Who's putting sushi on autopot?

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    12:58 AM
    So many I keep forgetting
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. joota

joota Mr. Anchor Retired Staff

Jul 13, 2019
    Buccaneer
    Freelancer
    It's just an upper bound. And yes from my understanding, most drks put auto hp on 20~25% for ginsengs. but even for bosses like CWK and Scar/Targa, if you have ginseng set for 20%, you'll die from one empowered attack or one missed auto-hp if you don't use a sushi in time.

I'm also not asking for sushis to be as cost efficient as NLC pots, but just to reduce how much of a premium it is ^^

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Awrien

Awrien Horny Mushroom

Nov 21, 2019
    Toronto
    Awrien/BoatyMcBoat
    Shadower, Corsair
    Syndicate
    I thought the point of using sushi over cheese / milk is that sushi is more cost effective. They heal 2hp per 1 meso (assuming 30k hp), which make them about half the cost?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    More variety in pots could be useful but I'm not sure how much better a 30% pot is than a 20%. There could be some merit to lower level DK having a harder time in cwk but going back to the start of cwk we were using ginseng and milks which is far more expensive than ginseng and sushi. That said personally I don't have a problem with sushi prices and if you want to autopot sushi then you should pay a premium for the convenience they add.

• Like Like x 1