1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Washing-is-doable-Journal

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Journeys' started by Ainz, Apr 23, 2021.

1. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    11:31 AM
    So many I keep forgetting
    Day 8: Only a brief session today.

Playtime today: 1 hour
    Playtime total: 15 hours and 45 minutes

Didn't really have a lot of time to play today, was distracted by irl stuff and just a slight drizzle of laziness.

Doing the Deo Questline with some assistance from JafelJafel to get the Lidium ores cause of aforementioned laziness.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mostly did some card farming after this because Ariant is a super chill zone for xbows.

CARD HUNTING COMPILATION
    [​IMG]

Progress:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  2. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    6:31 AM
    DMsRebirth
    That's why I tell people to not make secondary-statless characters (unless they're mage) as their first character because maple weapons are waste of mesos when you don't have any to start with and need to save them for zhelms

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    I like the card hunting compilations and F2 screenshots

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    He listened to me or accidentally forgot!! missed the F2 button in one of the screenshots

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    I don't really think I agree. Getting the meso for a zhelm at 50 is honestly not (looking) particularly challenging. The xbows would've only cost me like 4m in total if I hadn't gotten very unlucky with scrolling them. The investment is worth the meso in my eyes, granted that you don't go full tilt and invest every last meso you own on trying to scroll a better one OnionF4

Day 9: Questytime!

Playtime today: 2 hours, 15 minutes
    Playtime total: 18 hours

First and foremost, we were pretty close to getting lvl 40 and still needed a lot of voodoo dolls for the eventual exchange.
    So, the first step today was grinding out the last level at Monkey Forest 2 to get lvl 40!
    [​IMG]

Level 40 opened up a lot of quests, including some that could be potentially rewarding.
    List of completed quests (and the reasons for them) (and a lot of screenshots):
    • Nero's Necklace, easy quest with decent exp.
    • Protect Nero, we had to farm 200 Solid Horns anyways, might as well add this quest while we're at it. Gives decent exp as well.
    • Moppie the Lone Dawg, only did the first initial dialogue of this quest. Gives 3000 exp and takes like half a second.
    • A Hole in the Nautilus, great exp, and we had to collect Solid Horns anyways.
    • To the New World, great exp, fairly simple quest, and has a chance of GFA60. Unfortunately, we did not get it.
    • Read the Newspaper, FINALLY found a Newspaper Hat from Cloud Foxes, and completed this quest for an Overall Dex 30.
    • Sakura, the Kitty, and the Orange Marble, a virtually free Shoe Jump 30! Very handy for our zhelm funds.
    • NLC Quiz, hadn't actually done this during the early levels because I could hardly afford the tickets to and from NLC :(
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ^I actually shrieked when I found this.
    [​IMG]
    Figured I'd raffle my Cloud Foxtails as well, nothing good.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Current stats:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Future plans:
    • Finish writing my Omega Sector Quest Guide
    • Finish doing the Omega Sector Quests (go figure, huh?)
    • Complete the last few moneymaking quests for zak

• Like Like x 6
  6. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Day 9 and a brief disclaimer:

Hellu friends! I haven't really been posting in the journal much, but that's because I'm working on an Omega Sector Quest Guide. I'm writing the guide while completing the quests on my Marksmanboi so that I don't overlook any details.
    As a result of this, the guide topic honestly serves as my journal for the coming few days. I will occasionally post small updates/things in here, but there won't be anything too massive until I finish the guide.

Highlight of today: My quest reward scrolls both sold! Zhelm funds are looking pretty!
    [​IMG]

Character update:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  7. Ferluci

Ferluci Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    Ferluci
    Bishop
    I think he quit already, this journal not possible to complete.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    6:31 PM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    our only hope and savior against 200 int + 2m NX + leech only meta :(

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    I'm definitely still here and motivated to continue the journal! I've just been swamped with uni over the past week. I'll try to get an update out today!

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Day 10: Starting to get back into the swing of things!

Playtime today: 1 hour 15 minutes
    Playtime total: 20 hours, 15 minutes
    (Added another hour of questing that I had failed to log while writing the other guide)

Hi everyone!
    I've been a bit negligent of this thread, but I promise I haven't given up! I got slightly demotivated because I felt like I had to also complete the Omega Sector Quest guide while leveling this char, which made it feel somewhat forced and less enjoyable.
    However, I've decided to take a brief break from the quest guide and just push towards lvl 50 for now!

I didn't really want to progress further with the Omega Sector quests, but there was one quest that didn't really need further elaboration, while still providing my char with nice rewards!
    I didn't quite manage to finish it in the time I spent playing today, but I did hit lvl 43! This finally unlocked the crossbow we scrolled a while back! OnionBlushOnionBlush

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
  11. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    I know it's a joke but don't feel pressured to go beyond your own pace. Love reading your journal even if it takes ages for another post FoxF3

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    You guys bullied him into posting. OnionXD

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  13. umaga

umaga Orange Mushroom

Sep 10, 2019
    Vivid
    hello , i'm new to server and was discouraged by the hp washing mechanic but i started following ainz's journal. unfortunately, he seems to have abandoned the project. was this because of hp wash? is there no hope for playing game without washing?

• Funny Funny x 8
  14. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    Hello, I'm new to the server and was discouraged by the hp washing mechanic but I started following ainz's journal. Unfortunately, he seems to have abandoned the project. Was this because of hp wash? Is there no hope for playing game without washing?

• Funny Funny x 6
  16. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Time for an update! (Not a Marksman-related one, though)

First things first: I want to apologize for the inactive period. I don't really have an excuse other than not having felt like playing for a while.

Second; I have horrible friends, but they did motivate me to write another post in this journal.
    [​IMG]

That does lead me to my following point, though. I want to make it abundantly clear that I did not abandon this journal due to difficulties with washing or a semi-sneaky attempt at gathering NX behind the scenes.
    I abandoned this journal because, quite frankly, I absolutely loathed playing through a second job marksman. The class felt sluggish and I found myself logging into Maple, only to see my character, sigh, and close the client again. NOTE: I'm not saying Marksmen are a bad class. I know they're extremely powerful after 4th job and their 3rd job isn't nearly as bad as their second job. This class just isn't it for me.

That leads me to my next point; is this journal dead?
    I would say it isn't. I'm still equally motivated to continue this journal, even if only to demonstrate that washing is perfectly doable.

Granted that I don't feel like I will continue AllByMyself for a while, I feel like this journal would retain its value if I were to continue it on another ranged class with a similar approach and similar NX values.

What does that mean?
    Most people know that I have an arguably ridiculous amount of characters with no real purpose. In this case, that could prove very useful.
    I have both an assassin and a gunslinger around the same level as AllByMyself, and for both of these characters, I know that I enjoy playing them. Neither of these characters has received any benefits that new players wouldn't be able to get (they weren't started with 200 int, yada yada yada)

So, what's next?
    The way I see it, I'd like to continue this journal on one of those characters. I would be removing all funding and equips from them and transferring whatever I have on AllByMyself right now. A quick conversion from my current Maple Xbow to a similarly priced Maple Weapon seems fair.
    In essence, I'd just be making these chars represent exactly what I have previously achieved on AllByMyself and continuing from there on out.

Cool, but why should you as a reader care?
    I write dreadfully long posts because I enjoy the interaction with the community in this journal more than I enjoy playing the game. As a result of this, I would like you to choose on which character you would like to see this character continued.

PLEASE LIKE THE VIDEO, SUBSCRIBE, AND LEAVE A COMMENT DOWN BELOW SAYING WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE NEXT!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  17. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    Start a new character that you actually have interest in playing. I don't really see transferring what you have to another character to properly show the time/effort put into the character and that you can do it start to finish without HP washing and without outside funding or help.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Alright, so I wanted to wait out what other people have to say. I was slightly confused by your comment though.

The time/effort would be comparable whether I had made a sin/sair/bowman or marksman. In that sense, if I completely remade a character up to level 43, I would just be writing an exact copy of the first 3 pages of this journal, just with a different class.
    Given that this thread was written to inform/demonstrate how to play through a character while washing, I do believe people could read the posts up to this point to see how to do 1-43 (on any ranged char, not just marksmen) and continue with the following posts to see how to do 43+.

Seeing how nobody else expressed a preference between the sin or the slinger, I have decided to continue with my sin. I'm aware that they can generally be considered a very strong class and thus people might feel that my journal isn't a realistic display of what e.g. a corsair would go through, but I'd happily refer those people to spencil2spencil2's journal here. It's a very enjoyable and informative journal about the way you could go about it as a corsair (which is another reason I preferred not continuing on my sair, it was a road previously traveled)

Exams are starting soon, but I'll be sure to get some updates out soon and try to get back into the swing of things!

• Great Work Great Work x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    6:31 PM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    Damn, I'm feeling it on my pally too, due to not having zak helm.

Leveling for me is as fast as a lvl 145ish hero in 7F, 2nd job and 3rd job is horribly sluggish, its feeling like a chore over time

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. umaga

umaga Orange Mushroom

Sep 10, 2019
    Vivid
    2018A181-BE50-4C11-8A66-D7C143A428D2.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 7