1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Thinking about come back to maplelegends, need staffs help

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by tanguohao, Apr 18, 2022.

1. tanguohao

tanguohao Mano

Nov 26, 2020
    Male
    4:44 PM
    QiQiHao
    Fighter
    Hey Kimmy and rest of staffs,My account was permanent banned because real world trade, on my side of story, it was only asking around and never even formed any deals or traded anything. I tried other private servers, your server has the most friendly community and gaming environment. Anyway, I’m here not asking you to unban my order accounts, my question is if I create a new account and start from fresh, will you or your staff ban my new accounts due to my previous behavior?

2. creative

creative Mr. Anchor

Nov 2, 2019
    Male
    Link

I don't think you'll be unbanned, but I could be wrong. You never know. Try making a ban appeal?

3. Camazotz

Camazotz Pink Teddy

Sep 27, 2020
    Male
    Camazotz, AoKuang, Heimdallr
    Dark Knight, Marksman, Shadower
    Caffeine
    You are banned permanently.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    10:44 PM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    idk but...

Given your punishment length is permanent, double the length is permanent x 2

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. OP
    OP
    tanguohao

tanguohao Mano

Nov 26, 2020
    Male
    QiQiHao
    Fighter
    Thank you for reply, I’m not asking for unban. I’m asking if I create a fresh account and start my new journey, will I get banned again on my new account for what I did before

6. creative

creative Mr. Anchor

Nov 2, 2019
    Male
    You'll be banned for ban evading, which is also against the rules.

7. Slime

Slime Pixel Artist Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    11:44 PM
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    A permanent ban (what you got probably) means no new accounts are allowed either.
    But if you make a sincere ban appeal only asking to make a new account (and not get your old accounts back) maybe they would consider allowing that. I don't know but it's probably worth a try.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Caenyss

Caenyss Capt. Latanica

Jan 30, 2018
    Male
    Lisbon
    9:44 PM
    Caenyss
    Bowmaster
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    1:44 PM
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    This is from https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...xplanations-precedents-interpretations.33574/ from GM Nise to make things about the ToS/T&C easier to understand.

1.3 Real World Trading/Unofficial Commerce
    Elements Required for a RWT Ban
    1. An attempt to engage in OR succeeding in real world trading/unofficial commerce, which is define as:
      • The incorporation or exchange of non-MapleLegends goods, services, and activities FOR MapleLegends goods, services, and activities
    2. "Beyond reasonable doubt" standard of proof (allegations alone will not result in a ban)
    3. Not restricted to our platform (in-game, on our forums, or on our discord), as long as there was an ATTEMPT (regardless of success) to real world trade based on MapleLegends currency/item/services

Precedents:
    • Whispering someone asking if they take paypal/would sell something for money = IS solicitation and/or attempt of real world trading
    • Selling/buying/attempting to sell/attempting to buy/joking about selling MapleLegends items for other game items (not MapleStory) = IS real world trading
    • Selling/buying/attempting to sell/attempting to buy/joking about selling MapleLegends items for other MapleStory servers (including Neckson's MapleStory) = IS real world trading
    • Selling/buying/attempting to sell/attempting to buy/joking about selling MapleLegends items for cash = IS real world trading
    • Selling accounts = IS real world trading
    • Promoting real world trading to other people = IS solicitation & real world trading
    • Asking other people to buy your art for mesos (not using forums) = IS solicitation & real world trading
    • Having a giveaway on twitch for viewers, follows, or subscribers = IS solicitation & real world trading
    • Gambling on a third party platform (not on our platform - in-game or on discord) and betting mesos = IS real world trading
    Note: These are not exhaustive lists, they are just a few notable examples.

Reason: MapleLegends is has a very strict stance on real world trading. It ruins the game, ruins player experience, ruins the server, and overall has a negative impact on everything.

We highly discourage players from joking about RWT. We have a zero-tolerance stance because a lot of actual RWTers often try to use that as an excuse to get a "second chance". This is one of the things MapleLegends takes absolutely seriously. Please understand ^^

Also note that our bans aren't done with mere suspicion, it is done with countless hours of investigation. While we can't reveal our methods, we can guarantee that bans are only done based on a "beyond reasonable doubt" standard of evidence.

2.6 Ban Evasion
    Precedents:
    • Getting permanently banned and still accessing our server = IS ban evasion
    • Getting account banned and logging into another account (that isn't banned) = IS NOT ban evasion
    • Using a throw away account to intentionally commit a wrongdoing, and thereby avoiding a ban on your main account = IS ban evasion
      • Examples include using a megaphone (smega) to send hateful or discriminatory messages from a smega mule
    • Using a smega on another character when you are smega muted on another = IS NOT ban evasion (by itself)
    • Using a smega on another character (to do the exact thing you were smegamuted for), when smega muted on another = IS ban evasion
    • Somehow using a loophole to continue to access a banned account = IS ban evasion
    Note: These are not exhaustive lists, they are just a few notable examples.

Reason: If you were banned, there is a good reason you were banned, so please serve out the remainder of your punishment. If you believe you were wrongfully banned, we urge you to go through the appeal process and not commit ban evasion.

• Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Like Like x 1