1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts and suggestions on washing mechanic

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by kickserve, Jan 8, 2021.

1. OP
    OP
    kickserve

kickserve Brown Teddy

Jan 24, 2019
    12:13 AM
    I agree with you that this is the optimal way to play this game in the current state.

however it completely ruins the experience of anyone that wants to play (not leech) an NL/BM/etc because if they try to train like normal they’ll either have to remake or missing 20-30 levels worth of stats making their efficiency horrible, aka wasting the players time due to bad game design.

yeah I get that people would say suck it up this is just how it is, you are an adult deal with it, etc. but this is a suggestion board, I am trying to suggest my view of how to improve the game design because all of us know if your company makes a game with this mechanic it would go bankrupt. ML staffs are fixing and balancing the v62 issues, why not fix this issue that even the official server has fixed years ago?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. IHealForYou

IHealForYou King Slime

Jan 16, 2021
    Male
    9:13 AM
    LegendKnight, IHealForYou
    Dark Knight
    Losers
    I think this touches on another problem created by washing, it lessens the uniqueness of playing a warrior if all the classes have high HP.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    Voting shouldn't be an issue, its basically free in-game cash if you vote on your account that you currently play then isn't that a 'the pot is calling the kettle black' proverb?

The 'stitch in time' is simply the prompt sewing up of a small hole or tear in a piece of material, so saving the need for more stitching at a later date when the hole has become larger.

Stack up vote NX play an account thats a mage get INT equips consistently voting on other. Everyone does it, even on multiple accounts Owl mules, HS mules, HB mules, MU mules, SE mules, SI mules(rip).

This contradicts with what you're saying, if bankruptcy is what you're describing it to be theres no cash money involved, its free.

Version 62 of MapleStory is entirely different, BigBang gave terrible EXP curves made traveling easier which means no ones there to socialize with anyone unless you want the only reading to be from NPCs instead of actual people typing..

I've re-downloaded GMS to see if anyone still played, and nobody does. I've seen one player just making a Dawn Warrior from the Cygnus Knights class since the game was a ghost town and that player there was the only person there (a total stranger) I gave them 980mil, 7 sets of Balanced Furies, the game changed to the point where you can't even trade chairs otherwise I've given them my chair list, legit no one is there unless you go over to Reboot which again, you can't trade with anyone.

People don't want the BigBang update, I've found a video that will actually explain more.

0:21 is where it starts if you want to skip the intro

4. OP
    OP
    kickserve

kickserve Brown Teddy

Jan 24, 2019
    Did you read my post? I am not saying get rid of voting, I am simply saying they want to keep hp wash so they have an nx sink for your vote nx to go into. We need to keep voting to keep up the server visibility that attract more players. I even provided the rudimentary idea to keep the nx sink but simply remove the int requirement to washing process.
    I am saying if you are an game designer you don’t want to design your game to include hp wash, without the nostalgia factor your player base will hate it and not play your game

I came from playing GMS, it has its faults such as pay2win in terms of cubes in regular server, and huge grind curve in reboot. But that doesn’t mean their game has no positive points such as boss design and optimizations that makes it less time sinky. Socialization is in guilds and end game. Socialization isn’t a weak point in current GMS, pay2win and grind curve post 230 is the issue.

again I am not asking for ML to be updated to GMS, I am simply asking for some quality of life changes so players can actually play an NL and BM the way game is suppose to be played (aka not leeched to 150)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    Yes, I did read them. All of them.
    The whole point to HP wash is to get extra points from MP that INT gives provides which gives them the only possible way to get gains.

If I made my own server i would still keep HP washing, but I'd implement it two ways.

The tl;dr for most players is:
    • Old players can continue washing for as long as they want. We will give old players the ability to switch to this system. This means that all old players (washed or unwashed) will be able to have a similar base HP value as players who have washed - all old or current Thieves/Bowmen/Corsairs can use this new system to upgrade their base HP to 19,000+.
      • After switching over, they will no longer gain extra MP with INT (unless they're a Magician) and they won't be able to alter HP/MP (either adding or subtracting) using AP resets. Instead, they will raid Horntail to upgrade their HP.
    • New players will no longer gain extra MP with INT (unless they're a Magician) and they won't be able to alter HP/MP (either adding or subtracting) using AP resets.
      • Instead, they will raid for HP. There's no need to understand the numbers I've included in this thread. The system is very streamlined - you get a Badge of Zakum or Badge of Horntail and you'll have the option to exchange it for HP. You can do this a limited amount of times (10 times for Zakum and 30 times for Horntail).

The other thing is washing is optional as deemed by the server, so to be real if you wanted it to be played 'how its meant to be played' you can do as you wish, but what you're implying is having it removed for the game entirely, if you don't want to do it you don't have to.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  6. OP
    OP
    kickserve

kickserve Brown Teddy

Jan 24, 2019
    Wow so in the end we are both trying to come up with ways to give hp to classes so they are not locked out of content. I even wrote we are keeping the hp wash for people that want it but there are alternatives for people that doesn’t want to remake their character.

my suggestion was to keep the nx sink by paying nx to upgrade their hp. Yes it is “low effort” because all you need to do is vote daily.

your suggestion is killing boss to get hp (and probably find another nx sink for people to keep voting). Sure it looks higher effort on paper but the whole point of washing is to boss so just do 10x zak to have hp for ht, then do 30x ht to have hp for pb is good. I don’t mind this at all, any solution that prevents remake and allow us not to put points into int is good in my book. Just keep in mind people will be selling badges like they sell helms and pendants.

anyway why were we arguing when the road literally lead to the same place: people can still wash, but there are alternative ways to get enough hp without having to remake.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    3:13 PM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    because mainly your suggestions currently objectively nullifies old washers, and subjectively do not place enough efforts.

leeching may or may not be easy, i wont know. but imo making lvl 120 mage isnt easy imo, and getting all those mesos for int gear for meta isnt easy imo. if you decide to not go for int gear, getting 2m vote nx is too, not easy imo.

and no, maplelegends is not prepared for sunk cost fallency - this isn't the right server for you. there are other servers that eliminated HP washing, and may better suit your gameplay

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. OP
    OP
    kickserve

kickserve Brown Teddy

Jan 24, 2019
    I am just a fan that want to see the server succeed because it is well staffed and have good policies such as hacker prevention, events, class balances, etc.

I never claimed my idea to solve hp washing is the end all be all, I said in my opening post that I don’t like hp washing, my rudimentary/needs workshopped idea was that. I don’t mind if it’s getting equips that gets the hp there or getting boss tokens that gets the hp there. I just want to play a BM without having to leech to 150 or have a compromised experience of missing 150 main stat.

What’s the point of having an suggestions board if the answer is just “if you don’t like it then leave”.

anyway I said enough about this and we are just circling around now, i might stick around and play classes that doesn’t need to be washed or find a new game to play. But I sincerely hope the staff will see the end goal: make a good game with good design, value your customer’s time and make all the classes viable without having them skipping the first 120 levels of game play.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    3:13 AM
    Trion
    Beginner
    I know you come from a good place kickserve of trying to refine things around the hp washing issue but I am going to go out on a limb and say you haven't been here that long or probably have not read the numerous other hp washing threads where people have approached this very topic with the same angles you are using now. So while I appreciate your efforts and such it is unlikely anything will change soon. (maybe some extra +Hp items here and there)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    Again and again, I've said that I've agreed with your opinion on HP washing. Whether you add INT or not you should be capable of participating every content in game, and that includes toad and pink bean. You said your solution was not a fully-fleshed idea, and I told you why your idea would not work. But from my perspective, you decided to push on the incomplete idea, and I'm just constantly parroting on why it would not work.

Had someone suggested this earlier, it would have taken a much positive turn. Both washed and unwashed players can get the token, old player's washing efforts will not get nullified. How much effort does it requires to get the token (or maybe boss ring if token is not possible), can be decided by the staffs themselves. This is much similar to the reverse cape idea that I had in mind. I too, want to play BM without adding INT or going through washing hell. But again and again, you suggested the incomplete idea and ignored the effort that staffs had wished for.

Its not my intention to ask you to leave. But im telling you that there are other servers that did almost exactly what you have requested here, hence it might be worthy of your time to look at it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. OP
    OP
    kickserve

kickserve Brown Teddy

Jan 24, 2019
    I never said anything about nullifying the washing effort of original players. I even said they need to be compensated. I said the old way of hp wash will still be in the game for people that want it and will allow them to have higher than the normal hp cap.

Besides thinking I was advocating of taking out washing completely, there are 2 things you deemed “high effort”: leeching a char to 150 and voting to get enough nx to wash.

1. Leeching: as someone already replied and many people will tell you, leeching and self leeching will be easier than grinding so that’s not really a high effort task. I just want to make grinding an viable option too.
    2. Voting for nx for ap resets: yes this takes time which is why I said they still have to vote and get ap resets to go from their default hp to the hp cap set by the balance team. So the “effort” is still there.
    I know there are other servers, I like ML due to their active staff, big community and balance changes. I am giving my suggestion for ML to be better, I expected more than if you don’t like ML there are other games for you.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    Apologies, I may have missed out on this. However, compensation means players are getting rewarded (getting free items or vote cash for e.g, does not have to be HP) without any efforts. While this is not official, I believed the quest ring was not implemented for the same reason.

If compensation is out of the picture, which I explained why above, players effort of washing characters till minimum HP requirements will be nullified. The HP solution must not only benefit non-washers, but also washers. Hence, the monster ring is a great solution.[/QUOTE]

No, I did not think you are advocating on taking out washing completely. On your idea, I am aware that players, new and old, are allowed to choose to wash, or not to wash. The problem lies in the existing players - that has washed to minimum HP requirements - are nullified.

The 3rd point I've made is Monster Ring. Hunt 300 card sets to get 1k HP. This is a very big effort, and usually people megas it when they just completed their T10.
    I personally wish to see new HP sources similar to Monster Rings. While the way to get it can be different, the effort must stay the same, if not more.

Regarding leeching, you may be right, the process of leeching itself, as explained by yurain, might be easy. I do not leech so I cannot comment. Lets assume that its low effort for now. However, getting a bishop to lvl 120 does not seems low effort imo. And if you are self-leeching to lvl 155, you probably either need Arch Mage + HS Mule for shaolin 5-6, or a well-funded or high level bishop (lvl 160+? correct me if im wrong) to 1-hit skele, is not low effort.

Basically, the leeching process may be easy, but getting characters that can leech you to lvl 120, or even 155, is not easy.

From how much you are forcing ML to change using your proposed, incomplete idea, I don't think its unfair for me to state it. I've stated that your idea is flawed, and you stated that mine is flawed. While I did not continue push for mine, you continued to push for yours, without important changes to fix issues, or with new ways that gives the same result but avoids the issues. From my POV, it seems like you stubbornly forcing the implementation - which is to wash below minimum MP thresholds, rather than the actual result, which is a playable BM/NL/Corsair that does not need washing.

It's true that the customer is the most important. But you cannot please every customer. If you are one of them, I can only ask you to buy another brand for I'm not able to offer what he wanted.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. OP
    OP
    kickserve

kickserve Brown Teddy

Jan 24, 2019
    Look, I am so tired of repeating this over and over again, my problem is with hp washing causing players having to remake. I gave my proposed idea as this is a suggestion board. I also said multiple times I am okay with any other implementations as long as it allows players to play NLBM the way they are intended to (aka put stats in their primary and secondary stat without having to remake). I did not and cannot force ML to change with my implementation. My implementation is a suggestion on a suggestion board to give alternative ideas to the ones already on the table. It is up to the balance team to pick the best one, I never claimed mine was the best one.

Tldr for this whole 3 page thread: balance team, we just want to play NL and BM without pumping INT and still able to play in the late game bosses, if that aligns with your goal, do whatever implementation you deem the best.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
  15. OP
    OP
    kickserve

kickserve Brown Teddy

Jan 24, 2019
    Perfectly viable solution as well, I would be happy as a clam if that was implemented. Use vote cash to get HP really aligns with the current hp wash meta without crippling players ability to play the class from 1-150 sounds great.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Oradious

Oradious Mr. Anchor

Aug 28, 2018
    Male
    Oradious
    F/P Arch Mage, Gunslinger, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    Even if the server decides to make radical changes suggested by OP or literally any other HP washing thread (which will never happen btw), the same type of people will just keep coming in and ask for changes to "alleviate HP washing" or "make HP washing easier".

This server went from no HP items, to the addition of MB ring + elin forest and allowing multi-vote + votestreak + additional voting site. HP items (albeit worse for some classes) such as BFC and MoN were also added to relieve some of the burden from washing. Events went from giving NO HP items to giving HP items every 2 events to giving HP items EVERY event so that people who missed out on that 1 event won't miss out on additional HP for the rest of the year.

Yet we still have pepegas complaining and asking for washing changes every fortnight. I wonder if these people ever stopped to think that maybe the way the server is built isn't catered to what they are looking for. To quote someone, "I'd rather play a server with washing than a dead server".

• Agree Agree x 8
  17. OP
    OP
    kickserve

kickserve Brown Teddy

Jan 24, 2019
    This is a suggestion board and I gave a suggestion, sorry I didn’t know it wasn’t allowed. Are you sure items with HP wasn’t suggested by the community?

yes if removing hp wash means everyone will leave then obviously don’t do it. But slightly extreme take isn’t it?

Also name calling is a great way to communicate with other members of the community. Honestly didn’t expect that from giving a suggestion, I’ll be sure to keep my mouth shut in the future as this perfect game never will need to be changed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    3:13 AM
    DMsRebirth
    Just as you're free to make whatever suggestions you want, so are other people of the community free to laugh at you for acting like an idiot. If you can't stand people talking whatever they want about you and your opinions, then it might be best for you to keep your keyboard shut so there's nothing for people to criticize you on.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Dance

Dance Stone Golem

Dec 21, 2020
    Male
    Fiore
    Beginner
    I mean washing isn't the coolest thing, but I think we're fine with HP items. It's just all about time. In the meantime, you can try creating funds for your washed character by creating another char. I know it's pretty typical, but until some changes happened that's just how it is. Also, having to have HB until you feel comfortable training without it means you get to meet some dark knights you might be able to become friends with in the early stages of MapleLegends. ^-^ A talk goes a very long way.

After all, people is what really makes training/bossing great. Until you meet DuckTales, he's just gonna spam anime pictures at you, but overall you're good with most of the people here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. OP
    OP
    kickserve

kickserve Brown Teddy

Jan 24, 2019
    Criticism are fine, name calling shouldn’t happen, standing by that on any public situations in person or online!