1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

too good to be true? (MP Washing help)

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by eeto, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Porkupine

Porkupine Timer

Mar 21, 2019
    Male
    4:27 AM
    xB0wM4sT3rx
    Bowmaster
    Nani
    White Christmas Sock can give up to 2 int

• Like Like x 2
  2. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    1:27 AM
    Ah, I regular washed starting from 10 to 70 then double washed from there.
    (Although it officially starts at level 30 I prepared int through levels 10 to 30 in that time.)

3. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    Theres another shoe that gives int iirc.. unless I'm thinking about after big bang then I'm seriously a pepega boomer XD

4. OP
    OP
    eeto

eeto Mano

Sep 20, 2020
    Male
    Singapore
    4:27 PM
    eet0
    Shadower
    Alpacas
    Thanks for sharing~ :) I'm thinking of AP resetting some INT before I proceed to level.

yep i did minus :) forgetting to minus MP was the mistake that made my first calculation wrong.

I would take the difference as a bonus. I have been getting below average rolls so far in terms of HP increase in leveling up or HP washing~ haha

That is true. Thanks for highlighting that to me. I am thinking of MP washing more so that I can wash out the INT to the main stat earlier and still have enough MP to fresh AP wash in the later levels.

I might consider more base INT but that means I will have to wash it before I level anymore because from my plan, it exactly reaches 15k HP at Lv. 200 unless I do the intense washing Tate shared.

INT gear wise, I am a very new player and fortunately, I have some INT gears that are loaned and shared among a few of my friends. but I do not intend to treat it as a permanent/ confirmed addition so I took a few points (just 1 or 2) off the bonus I actually have.

All my buffers are placed in case I screwed up my calculations again.. lol~ Thanks for all your replies! I really appreciate it.
    I do use the google sheets daily so if you are curious about what I'm doing it's there ..

5. Porkupine

Porkupine Timer

Mar 21, 2019
    Male
    xB0wM4sT3rx
    Bowmaster
    Nani
    Your equation shows that you only subtract 60 MP when the "Movement" is set to HP Wash. However, you gain 80 HP "from MP Wash" during levels 74 to 99. Can I ask where this 80 HP is coming from?

That's not a bad idea. I did that with my Night Lord too.

I wouldn't consider doing what Tate shared in your case. That is a very inefficient last resort process meant only for characters 18x and 19x. In your case, you're MUCH better off aiming for more base INT.

• Like Like x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    eeto

eeto Mano

Sep 20, 2020
    Male
    Singapore
    eet0
    Shadower
    Alpacas
    Hello again~ Thanks for the interest :p
    =IF(F4="MP Wash",((10+ROUNDDOWN(G4/10)-12)*5),0) is the formula I use for spare MP gained so I took it out immediately with the minus 12 (i hope this is correct)

I did just wash 30 LUK into INT as i only had 90k+ NX :)

My new plan will still be maxed 200 base INT :) I will only reach 15k at Lv.200 but at Lv. 165 I plan to have 4 base INT and 11k HP if I have enough NX

7. Porkupine

Porkupine Timer

Mar 21, 2019
    Male
    xB0wM4sT3rx
    Bowmaster
    Nani
    I see. I believe there is something you are missing. That equation is correct for the net MP gain after 5 MP washes. But it doesn't account for the 80 HP you're gaining every level in column M.

For example, to actually gain 80 HP at level 68, your plan must be to:
    1. Level up
    2. Put 5 AP into MP
    3. AP reset [-12 MP] [+ 16 HP] x 5 (15,500 NX)
    4. AP reset [-12 MP] [+ 1 LUK/DEX] x 5 (15,500 NX)

As you can see, there are two sets of [-12 MP] x 5. You haven't accounted for the loss of MP in step 4. You need to adjust column L. I see that you've already adjusted column S to increase by 31000 NX if Column F = "MP Wash" which is good.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    eeto

eeto Mano

Sep 20, 2020
    Male
    Singapore
    eet0
    Shadower
    Alpacas
    omg.. you are right.. i corrected it by minus-ing 24*5 instead of 12*5 in column J. Thank you so much!
    i guess now i need 51 levels of MP washes instead of 31 to have enough MP to HP wash

• Like Like x 1
  9. aaronis

aaronis Slimy

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Shadower
    Beaters
    too lazy to do actual math but i managed to get enough mp for 17k hp on my sin (uses same hp wash formula as bandit) with 200 int and was able to take out all my int by 135, only mp washed post like level 80ish?, and had some decent int gear for some sort of reference in regards to washing

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. aaronis

aaronis Slimy

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Shadower
    Beaters
    also keep in mind you do get 1.1k hp from rings

• Like Like x 1
  11. Tate

Tate Capt. Latanica

Apr 16, 2020
    New Zealand
    8:27 PM
    Potayto
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Not sure if anyone would find this useful but using the formulas online i made a very condition specific mp washing calculator for thieves using the level you plan to mp wash at, the base int you'll have to do so, and the fresh ap you have to work with.

Note that it does not consider any levelup gains nor gear gains. it will purely tell you at ___ level with __ base int and ___ fresh ap, how much stale hp gains you are estimated to gain.

The figures may also be incorrect to a certain degree but i double checked it with the discord washes bot at different mp levels. but still let me know if i missed something. It's rudimentary and meant to give you a conservative guide. i am using it myself for my own mp washing tings.

I also added a little AP reset calculator to figure out how much total vote days you will need to commit to.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...UiECsFAlSu4Y2zJV2opqZBTpQI/edit#gid=400599936

• Like Like x 1