1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

ToT Exp-tweak!

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Jente, Jun 3, 2016.

Who is in favour?

1. Me

85 vote(s)
    92.4%
  2. Not me

7 vote(s)
    7.6%
  1. Jente

Jente Brown Teddy

May 28, 2015
    Male
    9:40 AM
    ChooChoo
    Bishop
    Hello there fellow Legends!

First of all I want to say that everything in here is merely my opinion and my suggestion.
    Also something similar or related might have been suggested before!

Ever since I've hit 4th job on Legends I felt like something was missing, some piece of content, something to commit myself to, something to keep me going...
    I think I wasn't the only one since ToT (non v62 content) was added a while ago.

What (high level) people expected ToT to be:
    a place where you could train in bigger parties (rather than just an attacker and a bishop).

What actually happened:
    people did the quests (alot of people dislike questing) to then find out the training spots aren't worth it at all.

Outcome if you were to implement a system where it would be beneficial to train in bigger parties at ToT:
    • people will be playing in parties which allows more social-gaming (which is in my opinion is what maplestory is about), it also means people will make more friends
    • people wouldn't get burned out so fast, since their party members would motivate them
    • the attacker vs bishop-rate for training would go from 1:1 to 3:1 which is a good thing (Rip bishopstory)
    • alot more classes would be viable to play (Party buffs: E.G. If you had the choice between SE and SI, most would choose SE, but if you have the choice for both SE and SI vs double SE, you would choose the first obviously...)
    • there would be a choice: Party ToT/Lonely skelle life with willing bishop/self-leech/bossing.
    How to achieve this:

Either increase the spawn of the mobs at ToT
    OR
    Increase the exp of the mobs at ToT
    OR
    Exponentially increase the party bonus exp at ToT (untill for example 4 party members)

(I would prefer the last option)

This buff should make ToT way more attractive for higher level players, what it shouldn't do is making leeching at ToT interesting, so maybe the party exp bonus given by bishops shouldn't expenonentially increase or increase at all. It also shouldn't be better or much better than grinding at skelles with a bishop, since this would devaluate already made progress by high level players.

I hope some of you can give me your opinion on this.

Thanks for reading!

• Like Like x 16
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. atobe

atobe Chronos

Oct 17, 2015
    Male
    1:40 AM
    Atobe
    Hero
    Demure
    This thread keeps coming up every so often.
    the solution your looking for is similar to LHC/stronghold maps in later versions. where u get a 50%(cant remmeber the actual number) exp bonus per party member. it made it so that you had atkers on each platform and caused less leeching because it would bad exp. of course you had at times where people just afk'ed for more exp. but it was wayyy better if everyone was atking.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Kyle

Kyle Capt. Latanica

Mar 30, 2015
    Male
    2:40 AM
    Paladin
    yes please. i'm 123 and am getting about 8.5m exp/hr in regrets 2. i'm not entirely sure if that's good or bad, since i don't have holy charge in skeles yet. but i do know i get 13m to 15m per hour when i leech at skeles. duo'ing there would be even better.
    an lhc release and pre-bb revamp would be amazing imo, but i don't know if kim would ever add it.

4. Samus

Samus Dark Stone Golem

May 15, 2015
    Female
    3:40 AM
    Samus
    Marksman
    Lhc would be a great idea for attackers to grind at (especially cuz bossing is literally a monopoly).

The only problem then is that tot remains a useless bunch of maps only good for some skill books and eqps (or mage training? Idek)

• Like Like x 3
  5. atobe

atobe Chronos

Oct 17, 2015
    Male
    Atobe
    Hero
    Demure
    well u dont bring LHC in. u just use the map exp mechanic in the ToT maps.

6. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    3:40 AM
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    yeah bossing gl to the new players who wanna boss MapleF3

7. OP
    OP
    Jente

Jente Brown Teddy

May 28, 2015
    Male
    ChooChoo
    Bishop
    I don't think LHC is even possibly to add to this version ;o I would also think that LHC would change this server way too much ;x

8. United

United Skelegon

Aug 24, 2015
    Male
    10:40 AM
    United
    Dark Knight
    Demure
    I think the 4 party member buff is a great idea (at ToT only)
    Would make bushop more then a gene user and all other classes wanted.

I would even suggest the exp to not be as epic as you think...
    I mean if you get with avg bishop 30-35mil exp
    The 4 party buff should be the same (after HS)

• Like Like x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Jente

Jente Brown Teddy

May 28, 2015
    Male
    ChooChoo
    Bishop
    Exactly! I'd say either the same or a tiny bit better if you would have like the perfect team of Level 170+ guys with nearly perfect gear who could one shot everything

10. atobe

atobe Chronos

Oct 17, 2015
    Male
    Atobe
    Hero
    Demure
    The problem with this is that if its only "slightly" better with even perfect people. then Skellys will just get used because "why bother". ToT should be end came content. it was supposed to be used for 140+

11. OP
    OP
    Jente

Jente Brown Teddy

May 28, 2015
    Male
    ChooChoo
    Bishop
    Because it's way more fun! And you can do it in a group of like 3 attackers and 1 bishop in comparison to a group of 1 attacker and 1 bishop...

12. United

United Skelegon

Aug 24, 2015
    Male
    10:40 AM
    United
    Dark Knight
    Demure
    Cos.. who the fck gets to grind with bishop now.
    I mean if you can get a team of 4/3 attackers+HS mule it can be 1 more way of lvling then just w8 and pray the bishop will grind with you

13. OP
    OP
    Jente

Jente Brown Teddy

May 28, 2015
    Male
    ChooChoo
    Bishop
    I would love to see some GM feedback on this matter <3

14. Lyn00

Lyn00 Capt. Latanica

Sep 4, 2015
    Female
    Taiwan,Taipei
    3:40 PM
    Natto
    Corsair
    Halcyon
    LF>lhc exp rates

15. atobe

atobe Chronos

Oct 17, 2015
    Male
    Atobe
    Hero
    Demure
    Well this is mostly because of the fact that u can leech your side char while playing your bish to get the same exp. If the LHC model was moved into ToT you would find lots of bishops willing to party with you.

16. Gi

Gi Windraider

Dec 29, 2014
    Male
    We're certainly interested in ways to encourage party play above leech and solo-grinding!

Although, it's kind of scary to mess with EXP formulas.

• Like Like x 5
  17. Unlucky

Unlucky Mr. Anchor

Aug 8, 2015
    Male
    Australia
    5:40 PM
    Unlucky / Babez
    Project
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 10
  18. OP
    OP
    Jente

Jente Brown Teddy

May 28, 2015
    Male
    ChooChoo
    Bishop
    Thanks for the reply!
    I wouldn't suggest to just mess with them, I would try something out and test it thoroughly before inserting it in the real game.
    Testing can either be done by the GM's or by high leveled/experienced players that you could allow entry on some kinda test server, just so you know what would be best.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Looking at how this was brought up a year ago, and how the discussion since then developped with many good suggestions, it seems to me that this system won't change. A "fix" is better late than never though and change can make you grow.

The suggestion in this thread is great aswell (the last option anyway), though it might be better to increase the bigger party bonus for all maps and not just ToT, there's many maps before you get to 4th job that could support bigger parties aswell.

• Like Like x 2
  20. OP
    OP
    Jente

Jente Brown Teddy

May 28, 2015
    Male
    ChooChoo
    Bishop