1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

ToT Exp-tweak!

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Jente, Jun 3, 2016.

Who is in favour?

1. Me

85 vote(s)
    92.4%
  2. Not me

7 vote(s)
    7.6%
  1. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    8:42 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Well as long as HS remains retardedly broken with an extreme amount of exp bonus with 2 party members, and as long as everyone is going to be pansies about it and not want to change anything in the slightest, nothing will happen.

2. Charlobeetle

Charlobeetle Brown Teddy

Oct 4, 2015
    Male
    10:42 AM
    Charlobeetle
    Bowmaster
    Solo Player
    for me i did try to do ToT (at around 180+)TWICE only.the exp is "a little" better than skele(skele epm:0.08% Ob2:0.09%)
    that's when i pty with the most pro i/l in server NIKO28 while using FM HS at the same time
    if u ask me why i never do it again then apparently i am not gonna let my friend use fmHS and do all those quests and walk so far to ob2 just to grind with me
    skele is actually a better choice since it's more profit and more easy to access (no quest needed)
    if u want the example for big pty i did try to pty with Babo lvl 189 NL and 2 bish around lvl 145 and the result is that exp only good for bish.
    If ur expecting to have SE and grind at ToT then u must pty with bowman at least lvl 170+ or it's just like ur leeching ur friend cuz they cant kill fast enough
    and ur only lvl 153 that's not good enough for ToT duo either cuz u have to do like 3hko-4hko even with SE.
    another problem is that as i know,no bowman over lvl 160 is active so far and the only bucc who high lvl enough to grind at ToT and give u SI
    is kurayamilove and she already got a lot of duo partners so she wont grind with u too.

ur opinions are good but the GM dont care ! they just come and add something new and do what they think is perfect
    if ur bish who want to grind then ur only choice is SKELE. no other option
    if ur range attacker then ur choice are either anego or bf or zak arms
    if ur melee then ur choice are bf or skele or zak arms that's all
    nothing more will ever exist or got better exp in this server.i will suggest u if u dont like it then it's either accept it or quit.
    SO MANY PPL HAVE COMPLAINED ABOUT IT AND UR NOT ALONE.
    let me tell u what happen recently!ppl complained about skele map being too crowded over and over
    gm finally add skele dungeon and the exp there is even worst than newtie
    so the smart ppl quit and now merely see ppl doing skele or leeching ppl there(PROBLEM SOLVED?)
    and that's already like 4 or 5 months ago
    MAPLELEGEND=SKELE TO 200 FOR BISH=Waste time.if u got a lot of time and dont feel bored easily then welcome to hell !!
    if u want to pty wtih friend and also get awesome exp at ToT then good luck :) it's good to have dream but dont waste too much time on it!

3. OP
    OP
    Jente

Jente Brown Teddy

May 28, 2015
    Male
    4:42 AM
    ChooChoo
    Bishop
    Oh lol I didnt update that level in years.
    Also this update isn't about personal gain anyway, this is about making something viable in a way that brings people together in Maplelegends.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Slime

Slime Pixel Artist Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    5:42 AM
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    I support ToT tweaks too! o/

• Like Like x 1
  5. mrataj94

mrataj94 Pink Teddy

Apr 7, 2015
    Male
    Achilles
    Dragon Knight
    Aeon
    Bumperino. Make a ToT gr8 again :(

• Like Like x 1
  6. Madiba

Madiba Brown Teddy

May 1, 2017
    Male
    12:42 PM
    Madiba
    Assassin
    Beaters
    any gm input into this?

7. Neragamo

Neragamo Mano

Jun 14, 2017
    Male
    10:42 PM
    MrSundaze
    Spearman
    I really like this idea, I feel that the way ToT was initially implemented was lackluster and took way too long to make it viable to where it was useless. In natural progression, I feel that it should be the successor spot to skeles for 140+ with as many different mobs as each zone holds, the potential for party exp per member and a rescaling overall(Mob: LVL| HP | DEF | EXP) could make that a nice feature to add to the server(if possible) and would increase its longevity to accommodate for PB release. Having the values increased will also make pink bean which was already one of the toughest bosses back in the day even more rewarding to kill if the mobs before it weren't just paper weight kill quest mobs.

Basic structure:
    ToT start: 140, each new room adds +2 levels and would have similar scaling to LHC in terms of exp, with linear HP | DEF | EXP progression with each room.
    140 -> 150 memory lane 1-5
    150 -> 160 road of regret 1-5
    160- 170 road to oblivion 1-5
    reaching oblivion 5 should be the pinnacle of training for those who have reached that level and the end of ToT which should be challenging and rewarding in terms of exp and mesos gain.

as a lot of people have said past skeles and bossing there isnt much if you dont sell leech as a mage which is such a brain numbing idea that often kills the lvl 140+ retention rate.let's let's give alternatives to that we dont have to reinvent the wheel just tweak it a little so everyone benefits

tl;dr party zone was the best feature introduced in MS to date.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Hello,

Next restart all maps related to ToT will get a buff related to spawns (again).

Thank you for the suggestion.

• Like Like x 11
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Library

Library Slimy

Nov 6, 2016
    Slave
    Highly doubt that; I think the fact that they made bosses more than "sit here and dps" and tagged a lot of the newer ones with an implied need for comms as probably the best features ever introduced.

Party play only encouraged leeching more - I have no idea where you're getting it from that it was "the best." Of course you actively want to split the grind more easily but the way it worked out was that if you killed/whited more mobs, obviously you got more exp; so high level players would just carry-leech low level scrubs for "help" and either solo or split the work in a rather one-sided manner completely reminiscent of leech. It's not a thing for everyone, but I know it to be so because an IRL friend of mine used this method to 200 during the LHC era.

It might not be replicated in Legends, but I definitely don't think just giving people a ridiculous amount of EXP simply for playing together a "good" mechanic. If it were more balanced, then perhaps; but with the system you refer to, I highly disagree with that.

Also, your proposal about ToT being "lackluster" and "too long to make it viable" is both true and false.

The EXP ratios are horrible for the most part and the map designs aren't bad, but the spawn is actually what kills it - which is why I think what Kimberly says about spawn being increased a much better fix than the suggestions you have made about ToT rooms.

But simply buffing it so levels should ramp up that hard per area implies you should be in an area for X levels or be locked to an area, which honestly doesn't seem that appealing; though, you're at least consistent in that it reflects the progression of LHC in that we can equate levels here sort of towards being more funded in the post-BB LHC grind era.

The reason I don't think it's "too" lackluster is because killing 999 mobs is literally not that difficult to do, mage or no mage; you kill more than that many mobs, wherever you grind. Moreover, what do you mean by "lackluster?" Only in EXP? Because I think that it's pretty obvious that all maps are not created equal - should all maps be "good?"

Of course, that's not to say that some maps should exist - I hate the last Blue (Regrets) map before Lilynouch because the spawn of the mob you need to kill 999 of is godawful. I'm not stubborn enough to admit that it is, but I wouldn't call it "lackluster," but rather a simple design. What is probably more lackluster is the fact you don't do any other type of quest; but if you think about it, even if you have to hunt for items from the mobs, like many other quests, it might take you dozens or hundreds of that kind of mobs anyway, which is why the 999 kill count isn't too daunting.

The EXP ratios themselves pose a bit of an issue, but I think that it's because, like you've mentioned, they did want to ramp it up and keep you more inclined to go towards the end, which clearly worked because Oblivions seemed to be a lot of people's training spot in the day. For what reason should you have been able to get there immediately? The Temple was designed with that in mind, as bad as its scaling might be; but in a way, I feel it reflects the slow buildup and overall appreciation of the place.

10. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    8:42 PM
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
  11. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Different note; the equip drop rate will be slightly increased as well

• Like Like x 1
  12. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    both the changes should make ToT slightly more appealing but not broken depending on numbers

what do the numbers look like? (how much more spawn per map, percent chance increase on some/all equips? etc)

13. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Spawn rate should be very noticeable, especially when duoing. Equip drop rate is small bump since I rather have that not too overpowered too quickly.

• Like Like x 2
  14. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    :tick:

will any of the less common drops be buffed as well? such as skillbooks/ores/use/etc

15. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    10:42 AM
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    Holy shit all the time I spent getting to Oblivion 4 is not going to be wasted. Cannot describe how hype this is to me

• Like Like x 1
  16. Kyle

Kyle Capt. Latanica

Mar 30, 2015
    Male
    9:42 PM
    Paladin
    pally grind hype

• Like Like x 1
  17. Hyuga

Hyuga Mr. Anchor

Apr 23, 2015