1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing crashes with 'Unknown Error'? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Toxic community is back

Discussion in 'Community' started by JustAStyle, Aug 6, 2019.

1. JustAStyle

JustAStyle Mano

Jul 28, 2019
    Male
    12:26 AM
    Hello,

After years of break, updated servers and even a new server, it's still the same, Gunbound didn't change at all. I mean, players didn't change at all.

I've just played for like a week and I'm already pissed off although this game is amazing.

It's a new beginning but not for everyone. It's quite the race to high ranks and still a worldwide cock competition.

Toxic community, I won't be more specific about their origin because it would owe me a def ban.

Aimbot are already polluting the game, people wants their rank back as fast as possible and are ready to realize the impossible to succeed

I'm not patient anymore to loose time with unpolite, uncivilized people who are just animals to me. No more online game for me because it's the same everywhere

A screen to illustrate my arguments. Funny on the paper but very boring when it happens at every game and at every session

[​IMG]

"You could just mute people rather than getting angry"
    I answer that online games are made to communicate and create social links. And this make sens to me. If I want to play alone, I go on my consoles in a solo game.

Thanks for this nostalgic week

2. Poetic

Poetic Orange Mushroom

Jan 16, 2017
    Free Market
    6:26 AM
    Poetic, Vows, Rabies
    It’s inevitable in games like Gunbound where only one side wins. I’ve met a fair share of toxic players too and some of them can barely speak English but swear in it. I’m happy to say it doesn’t bother me the slightest bit though. It’s amusing how salty some players can be over a game that, to me, is just an avenue to relax and have fun.

It’s not to say there aren’t nice players in the server. I’ve made a few buddies who are fun to play with and against. You just need to set your expectations accordingly when you choose to play a game that involves interaction with strangers online. The MapleLegends community is full of wonderful people. Learn to disregard the bad apples. It’s not worth getting riled up over a game. If you are being harassed, you can report the offending player.

I wish people were better to one another but the world is not sunshine and rainbows. Some people suck. If you’re not ready to face that unfortunate truth, you should stick to offline games or find a different genre.

3. OP
    OP
    JustAStyle

JustAStyle Mano

Jul 28, 2019
    Male
    Thanks for your answer Poetic it's true I'd like to live in a sunshine & rainbows world because it's how it's mean to be.

I face up to this unfortunate truth everyday since many years because IRL I do work in a creepy district (i'm from Paris)

So, although I wish I could stick to offline games, I love gb so much and you got me when I say I just want to relax playing, not to get angry because of same behavior I used to face up IRL all morning long and on the way back....

Just put more authority in the game, that's the solution

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Megumi

Megumi Blue Snail

Aug 4, 2019
    Female
    5:26 PM
    Megumi
    Buccaneer
    Hi hi!

Will it be a solution?

That every time people make a type of harassment and insults etc ...
    That is punished with mute for 24 hours in general?

I think they can learn how to behave better, and it will be a bit awkward for them not to write to their team :eek:

5. OP
    OP
    JustAStyle

JustAStyle Mano

Jul 28, 2019
    Male
    Go deeper with the solution you suggested on your own thread. More authority doesn't mean free definitive ban for no reason. But loosing GPs, that sounds correct. Or loosing rank. The The hardest thing to do is how to proove it. I always got record stuff on now

6. Foxaklak

Foxaklak Snail

Apr 14, 2019
    Male
    foxaklak
    Night Lord
    I used to mute them.
    Now i just kick and basta.
    There are enuf good ppl to play with, forget those...

7. hondacity

hondacity Red Snail

Aug 8, 2019
    Male
    6:26 AM
    hondacity
    I googled what this word mean and guess what.

Attached Files: