1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Travel (Yes, this thread again!)

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Spusious, Aug 7, 2015.

Spend 15 minutes doing a quest or sit 30 minutes on boat.

1. Yay

12 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. Nay

15 vote(s)
    55.6%
  1. Spusious

Spusious Slime

Jun 30, 2015
    Male
    10:41 AM
    Hear me out.

I want to suggest a better way to travel throughout the maplestory world. I'm talking about craftable untradeable Tickets. This is how i think it could work.

You can accept the quest from any of the ticketing ushers (those npcs that sell tickets) They will ask for some items and a bit of mesos, and depending on your level those amounts will be different.

example:

Level 10~20 would have to gather 100 green tickets only dropped from green slimes and 10k mesos

Level 20~30 would have to gather 100 blue tickets only dropped from bubblings and 20k mesos

Level 30~40 Would have to gather 100 yellow tickets only dropped by teddies. (brown and pink) and 30k mesos

Level 110+ would have to gather 100 puple tickets only dropped by kents (any color) and 100k mesos.

The quest tickets should be regarded as quest items so they will only drop/appear when the quest is active. This way they wont clutter the ground. The drop rate could be 1/2 (50%). The quest would give you 5 untradeable tickets that can be used at any station to instant travel to the next station. You can only do the quest once a day.

I know when i speak for most players when i say that the boat rides are only nostalgic feeling the first few times and then it just becomes pain and suffering and a waste of time that drains motivation and passion. This little addition to the game wouldnt take anything away from those who wish to spend 30 minutes getting from elinia to ludi.

This way you spend those precious minutes gathering items for the quest and maybe teaming up with other players and chatting while you gather items instead of sitting on the boat doing nothing but watching your life candle burn even faster until there is nothing left.

Daily quests are fun and essential to any game in my opinion. I know this server tries to be as vanila as possible and this change wouldnt change anything because those who wish to ride the boats can ignore the quest entirely and it wouldnt affect their gameplay in the slighest.

Tying ourselves down to something that isnt fun makes no sense!

Thanks for reading my wall of text. Would love to hear your opinions.

2. Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    This is actually not that bad of an idea. I approve! Maybe 5 tickets/day is a bit much, but still...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Albino

Albino Mano

Aug 2, 2015
    Lolibutt
    Royalty
    Interesting idea, but the part I liked about travelling was the social part. If there was a change that resulted in there being less people on the boats, then I'd rather keep it as it is now...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    There's already nearly no people on the boats as is. Legends has a player base of 150-200 players online at a time, whereas GMS had thousands per server.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Autoassemble

Autoassemble Selkie Jr.

Apr 14, 2015
    Male
    9:41 AM
    iDummie
    Thief
    Id like to suggest a lower amount of tickets, I.E 1-2 per day, but I think this is a good idea. For example if you fuck up and are in the wrong zone when people are waiting for you at zak you can instant travel to orbis and get there faster.

• Like Like x 1
  6. beamcasting

beamcasting Capt. Latanica

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    New york America
    4:41 AM
    yiko (banned)
    Bishop
    Hogwarts
    not that bad of an idea actually? usually i dont agree with travel reccomendations but this... +1

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    5:41 AM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Maybe the quest could be repeatable every 24 hours and the tickets have an expiration 24 hours after being received from the quest. This way you avoid people stacking them

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Infidel

Infidel Capt. Latanica

Apr 4, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Infidel / Duke
    Priest, Hunter
    FaerieCircle
    How often are people traveling that they need 5 tickets a day?

• Like Like x 1
  9. zook

zook Capt. Latanica

Apr 12, 2015
    Male
    Around
    Candy
    Night Lord
    ~ ~ ~
    im not killing kents for this f3

• Like Like x 2
  10. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    I personally don't mind the traveling as it provides me with a nice break to get a drink, use the bathroom, etc. The only boat ride that sucks is the boat from Vic to Orbis but in all reality you only have to take that boat ride once (unless you're killing crogs for skill book quests, which is also something to consider since the crogs drop are needed). Once you get to Leafre you buy the seeds and you can teleport to and from Vic to Leafre then take those boats (which are only 5 minutes each). There are a few other traveling tips that reduce time but in all reality it doesn't take much time if you use the seeds. I barely like teleport rocks but its more understandable to have them since it cost NX and you only get 5k NX a day. Being able to grind out the tickets provides instant travel and to me that goes in the direction of current day GMS which is something I'd like to steer clear of.

• Like Like x 2
  11. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    1:41 AM
    NSFW
    5 times a day

• Like Like x 6
  12. Glycys

Glycys Chronos

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Glycys
    Bishop
    Horizon
    Shit, that math.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Worry

Worry Dark Stone Golem

Aug 4, 2015
    Female
    Middle of Nowhere
    2:41 AM
    Helga
    Spearman
    Halcyon
    I feel that the travel duration applies itself more towards what the server is trying to achieve, and authentic pre-bb feel. Having to ride on a boat, and dedicate time to travel, makes the places you go more meaningful, it makes it so that if you dont plan ahead, you wont be getting the most out of your time. As someone who does every quest within clicking distance, it makes it that much more of a micro-manage task. It's engaging to make sure i have everything ready that i need, before i set off to a place 15-30 minutes away.

It also makes it so, unless you are set on taking another boat ride immediately after, you can decide to just detour to the destination you're currently in, try out the quest available, that you might not have normally hit up (speed levelers), and try out maps that normally would never make the maple top 10 farming maps.

Taking that away for some convenient fetch-quest. would sully the old-maplestory feel.

Flash travel never existed outside of nx in pre-bb maple story, so why should it here?

Maple Story isnt a race, take your time, and enjoy it.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
    • Like Like x 5
  14. OP
    OP
    Spusious

Spusious Slime

Jun 30, 2015
    Male
    Thanks for all the replies, i will try to answer most of the concerns regarding an addition like this.

Yes 5 is definitely excessive now that i think about it. 2 is definitely better!

24 hour expiration is a very good idea!

This server is by no definition 100% vanilla i.e as it was back then. Custom flash travel already exist on this server. The FM flash travel "Trade" is NOT nostalgic but a custom feature on this private server, and the players wouldnt want it any other way. Why do you ask? Because it improves the gameplay.

Ultimately we are all here to enjoy ourselves and have fun. In my opinion that is more important than not having fun. It seems that the community is split on this addition. I want to remind everybody that this addition is not actually "instant travel" because you still have to do a quest. I repeat this is NOT a change but an addition to improve the gameplay.

This thread is now not only a suggestion, but a reminder to people that new features are what keeps people coming back. Nostalgia is great and all but it doesn't last forever and then you quit unless something new comes out. i.e events and maps/zones.

In my opinion this suggestion is immensely small compared to other luxurious custom features that we take for granted. Such as free nx and FM instant travel.

I realize an addition like this wouldn't be possible to make over night and that it probably takes alot of code. Still! I want to remind people that custom features and additions to the game improve gameplay should be welcomed with open arms!

Any constructive criticism is welcome! :D

15. Taystee

Taystee Slime

Jul 15, 2015
    Male
    6:11 PM
    Taystee
    Brawler
    Hogwarts
    you get 5k NX per day, buy a teleport rock if it bothers you so much. smh

• Like Like x 3
  16. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    1:41 AM
    NSFW
    Just because certain bigger things have been added doesn't mean everything else should be. Instead of comparing suggestions for features to custom features which have already been added, we should look at the suggestions individually and independently, so as to not cloud our judgement about them.

• Like Like x 3