1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

trojan found in installer

Discussion in 'Closed/Resolved' started by mappy3, Aug 17, 2022.

1. mappy3

mappy3 Red Snail

Aug 12, 2022
    Male
    2:15 AM
    mapleuser
    Beginner
    Description of the bug: (optional screenshot/video):
    What is supposed to happen?:
    Where did you find and/or notice this bug?:
    A step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug (optional):
    Extra information (optional):

• Creative Creative x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    mappy3

mappy3 Red Snail

Aug 12, 2022
    Male
    mapleuser
    Beginner
    this is just my secondary gaming laptop but to anyone whos got a computer with personal info beware.

3. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    3:15 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...s-defender-microsoft-security-essential.6688/

This is actually a false positive caused by the fact that our "MapleLegends.exe" differs from Nex*n's original MapleStory.exe. There used to be a link somewhere of Kimmy submitting our exe to a comprehensive virus scan, which showed us as being clean. I unfortunately can't find it for some reason, I'll try looking for it some more~

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    7:15 AM
    Moderator Post
    Each new setup we need to submit the file to be whiteflagged. Sometimes it takes a bit longer than nornally but its now approved.

5. OP
    OP
    mappy3

mappy3 Red Snail

Aug 12, 2022
    Male
    mapleuser
    Beginner
    the only way to efficiently slip in trojans nowadays is by hiding it in the installer. the exe is just the forefront. during the installation itself the trojan was detected. i read the logs during install and the trojan was found during a part of the install where it has todo with the system and 'cat' folders and nothing todo with a maple directory. which is not okay and means its not the exe or files that make the game work in any form and was rather something else installing its way in. (my conclusion), ''theres a reason these servers are permitted and its because they are monitored''

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Ferluci

Ferluci Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    Ferluci
    Bishop
    Thanks for ur info! Selling it rn

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Feel free to use a "Innosetup" unpacker which shows every single thing the installer does. I recommend "Universal Extractor".