1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Windows 8/8.1/10 trouble downloading

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by jeong, Mar 21, 2020.

1. jeong

jeong Blue Snail

Mar 21, 2020
    11:34 PM
    jeong
    i downloaded the game and was able to play it perfectly fine (given, lots of crashing, but i'd just blamed the wifi network i was on at the time) on my old laptop, but when i got on my new computer today and tried to to download it, i continue to get a popup that says:
    "The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect."
    i'm not sure what's wrong or how to fix it..
    i tried following the same steps in downloading it as i had on my laptop to no avail. could someone please help me?

2. OP
    OP
    jeong

jeong Blue Snail

Mar 21, 2020
    11:34 PM
    jeong
    so.. i'm sure no one cares, but i did figure out the problem if anyone was having the same trouble.

the problem was because my computer's user was written in another language.
    for some reason one of the files then decided to create another "user" file and it led to having weird characters as the name.
    because of that, my computer couldn't download or read anything from that file.

long story short, i had to completely deconstruct and factory state my computer
    (the whole nine yards resorting the drives)

for some people though, it may help you just move the file from your downloads folder to your C drive
    and then running the exe program from there. for me, it would install then, but the game itself wouldn't load.
    ultimately leading to an unfortunate reformatting of the computer.

regardless it works fine now!

3. Natan125

Natan125 Slime

Apr 10, 2021
    Male
    Israel
    4:34 PM
    Natan1
    Bandit
    Having same problem right now. I did what you said, transfer to C drive, but that didnt help. Same error.
    I dont have any language issue on my computer.
    I renamed file, also doesnt help...
    Damn.
    Any other ideas?

4. Natan125

Natan125 Slime

Apr 10, 2021
    Male
    Israel
    4:34 PM
    Natan1
    Bandit
    Update - works after I transferred it to a USB portable drive and install from there.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1