1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Unable to gather/find parties for zak/krex as lv143 hero.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hyperion_, May 15, 2024.

1. Hyperion_

Hyperion_ Snail

Jun 4, 2023
    Male
    6:46 PM
    Walter1611
    Hero
    Hey all, I'm a lv143 hero, obviously looking to level up and have fun by bossing with other players.
    Recently though, I've discovered that the player pool within my level range, or just within bossing range is rather narrow. Sometimes smegaing, attempting to create or join a party for 6man zak, up to eight times without receiving a single reply.
    Other smegas only seem to be in regards to 5man, or even 4man runs when it comes to zak, only catering to higher-end players, while 6man krex-es, for example, are almost inexistent.
    (While I do understand that many runs take place soon after reset, it's only those from the west who benefit from such, many of us easterners are left out.)
    My question is, how are we supposed to level up? Those of us who are within these lower ranges. Rarely do we find sufficient members to pull boss runs, and even when we do, the parties we end up with often turn out to be fragile and lacking in structure due to the constricted pool of people who bother to join.
    All of the high-end players getting higher and higher while us low-levels are left behind. Quantity included.
    Does anybody else see the same issue? I doubt I'm alone on this.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    10:46 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    leave out your class next time. something like, lv14x fully washed j> zakum. information asymmetry in this situation is your friend ^______^

more seriously you probably need more levels if not gear

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ferluci

Ferluci Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    5:46 PM
    Ferluci
    Bishop
    Dont need gear or levels. 143 is perfectly fine to do zak.

What u need is a nice guild and or friends that just like running bosses with people and dont care too much about the little exp gain they get when running with less than 6 people. Or them taking 2minutes shorter when having a NL instead of a Hero.

They exist! Or u can host urself ofcourse

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. thugric

thugric Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

May 10, 2017
    Male
    11:46 AM
    TaxDog
    Marksman
    Beaters
    It can help a lot to be in an guild with high-ish level players where you guys can do content togeher. In terms of finding different avenues of lots of exp at level, you can also hunt for bigfoots, and do daily papalatus,ravanna's and jiaocengs. For those bosses, ppl like someone who can rush push the bosses to the corner.

5. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Horntail

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    12:46 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    as they told you, participating in guilds, discords, and even making friends from the same time zone helps a lot, when sending smega tells you all the details,
    try to answer the smegas, and remember that there are people who don't even know what some classes do

6. fael

fael Headless Horseman

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    12:46 PM
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    recruiting is a nice way to do contents because there are a lot of ppl who are lazy for this
    you should also look for contents where your job shines, for example cwkpq and jc (at 145) for now
    dont expect to be doing contents with high level end game players, they are mostly doing contents with long time friends and usually aren't recruiting new people because they already know who to call
    maxing ACA, brandish and stance will also help before bossing, you can do some 7f for this (although your stance should be around 80% right?)
    6 man krex isnt a good thing i guess? maybe thats why ppl arent joining too

Last edited: May 15, 2024
  7. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Headless Horseman

Mar 13, 2023
    9:46 AM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    The reason us higher levels dont do 6 man content is because the time investment vs exp is so bad. We could do 15min runs with 6 people or 20min runs with 3-4 and get much more exp+splits.

My bm in a 6 man will get like 1% for 2 runs. I generally either don't do it, or I duo with a similar 190+ char instead. It's not worth the time for me to do 6 mans for such low exp/splits.

Bumping what others said, try finding a guild or a group of friends and just keep tryin, I hosted all my own content when I went through your similar struggles because of the same issues. As an added bonus you'll get good over time at hosting content lol.

You should consider hosting/joining 5 man cwkpq, its very good exp at your level.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  8. Kargo

Kargo Skelegon

Mar 5, 2015
    Male
    Holland
    5:46 PM
    Kargo
    Shadower
    Flow
    Recruiting yourself works best for me as someone in a similar situation as you (141 Shad). If you want you can add me on IGN: Kargo, I try to run/host Zak and Krex daily, hopefully CWKPQ in the near future too, but I don't know enough about that yet.

If you do recruit, don't forget to mention what your party already has. People can be impatient or just wanna run asap, so them knowing what buffs you have (especially SE, HS and MW20) attracts people easily, example: “R> SE for [Boss], have SI, MW20, HS, Rage” or “R> 2 Attackers for [boss], have SE, HS”. I personally don’t even mention 5 or 6 man, if people in the party want 5 man, they’ll make it known and ask if everyone is down for that. Besides that sometimes times are just dead.

If you’re alone you can just smega R> All for [boss].

You can always add people you enjoyed running with and who knows you can already start a party with some people in it or find a fill without smega.

I’m in a small guild (usually 1 or 2 people on angelmush) but running at least Zak and Krex is very doable if you do it yourself.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  9. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    11:46 PM
    people are mostly afraid to do zak with randoms due to washing chars with loads of int and no damage and/or coin scams.
    best way is to buddy up decently washed out attackers or get a guild

10. Tigre

Tigre Mano

Feb 13, 2019
    Male
    4:46 PM
    Fighter, Dark Knight, Shadower
    Mostly being stuck in a party of intlords who didn't declare themselves as such from horror stories I've heard.

11. TennGohan

TennGohan Brown Teddy

Apr 2, 2020
    Male
    The biggest thing that made getting into boss runs super easy for me was to make a bish to mule for bossing. This will allow you to easily recruit for most bosses in the game without having to find a bish or an attacker with a bish, or having to wait for someone else to recruit. At your level with an hs mule you should be able to easily find a rav/pap duo (or solo if you can) and trio jc daily. It will also make recruiting zak super easy since most runs are usually missing a bishop. And later at 16x, 17x you will easily be able to recruit for nt1 and core with an hs mule.

If you don't want to make an hs mule, then you should aim to do cwk, i usually see people recruiting for that and 14x hero is great for 4 man. And once you hit 155 you can start joining 12 man hts through discord.

In general there isn't much of a bossing scene at 14x/15x because bossing usually sucks for both exp and meso and leveling at 7f at those levels is just so fast.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Tommygunner

Tommygunner Slimy

Oct 29, 2020
    i agree with all these points. but i also want to add that 135-145 is an exciting time for new players who just got into bossing and its a shame that they have a hard time finding people to zak with. indeed a lot of people are incentivized to run at reset because that's when most people are available due to bosses reseting.