1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Low Unbreakable battleship bug

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by Fuwe99, Apr 25, 2021.

1. Fuwe99

Fuwe99 Blue Snail

Apr 22, 2021
    10:14 AM
    Corsair
    Description of the bug :corsairs battleship frequently has infinite HP
    What is supposed to happen?:boat breaks
    Where did you find and/or notice this bug?:everywhere and every day. it's randomly triggered when logging in and persists until you restart the client
    A step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug (optional):
    Extra information: I've been told this is a known bug but i found no duplicate reports and it seems to be happening alot more often than people think, i feel like i'm getting it nearly 1/3 of the time when logging in and i see alot of corsairs who have it in every boss run they do. feels quite broken

I have a hunch that maybe it's tied to the (ML custom?) feature that fully restores ship HP when relogging, but i'm probably wrong.

2. MarcC

MarcC Pink Teddy

May 29, 2019
    Male
    9:14 PM
    riffie
    Paladin, Bishop, Corsair
    Spirit
    damn everywhere and everyday??? i would be lucky to even have it once a month

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. yogurtseller

yogurtseller Mixed Golem

Nov 28, 2017
    7:14 PM
    wholesomeABG
    Shadower
    what battleship bug? never heard of it. never experienced it. staff pls don't probe further because there's nothing there thnx.

• Funny Funny x 9
  4. KimchiFries

KimchiFries Snail

Apr 25, 2021
    Pirate
  5. Lin

Lin Headless Horseman

Feb 27, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    Linny,BangHero,Carbide
    Paladin
    Bonk
    It's a bug? I thought it was a feature, le mayo

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    11:14 AM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    You've been able to successfully replicate it upon every log in? My personal experience with it has been entirely random. I've probably only gotten it like a handful of times while playing my sair. Tried to intentionally replicate it but didn't find anything that would trigger it. It either happened (due to RNG) or it didn't. Any additional info would be appreciated ^^

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    7:14 PM
    Hey, that sme

All seriousness though this seems to be like some godmode boat..

8. Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    10:14 PM
    Feeed
    Corsair
    Info on my end:
    - It seems to only trigger after a fresh login and before the boat has taken too much damage. Once you start visibly seeing damage piling up on the buff icon, the glitch won't happen.
    - It happens pretty frequently in situations involving the Poison status effect. During the Christmas event, the first thing I would do is log in and head straight to Cornians to farm presents, and I was getting boat glitched every day. (Worth noting I was actively dismounting to prevent damage; small chance it's triggered when taking damage while dismounting). Likewise, it happens pretty frequently in CWK against the mage boss, albeit not as often (possibly because of point #1, I may be taking too much damage before the glitch has a chance to trigger)

9. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    11:14 AM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Was your internet connection shoddy by chance? I remember once it happened to me as I was turning on a VPN, but wasn't able to replicate that one consistently either.

10. Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    10:14 PM
    Feeed
    Corsair
    Nah, I've got a good connection. I'm even on ethernet.

I wouldn't rule out lag spikes as a possibility but it's certainly not the only cause

11. OP
    OP
    Fuwe99

Fuwe99 Blue Snail

Apr 22, 2021
    Corsair
    Bump, any progress on this? Corsairs are the most overpowered job on ML and this bug just makes them even more absurd while also taking away from their intended mechanical depth.

Just brainstorming but since the bug is unique to ML maybe it's tied to something else that might be unique to ML, such as how buffs are handled with the smart buff system for example. The chance of triggering it also seems to vary between server restarts/maintenances.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1