1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Completed Unscheduled Maintenance: May 24, 2020

Discussion in 'Maintenances' started by Kimmy, May 24, 2020.

1. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    3:41 AM
    Moderator Post
    [​IMG]

Hello Maplers,

We will be performing an Unscheduled Maintenance on Sunday, May 24. It will last for about 1 hour. Upon completion, the game will be brought back online and service will be restored. Once restored, you can login and play!

Time:
    7 PM server time (UTC)

What will be unavailable:
    • All MapleLegends game servers and channels
    • Merchants will be closed
    • In-game name change requests using @changeign automatically processed
    Changes and Updates:
    - Fixed an issue that causes MAC users to get auto-banned
    - Fixed an issue that causes merchant/trade dialogues to not have an IGN
    - The 1 min SMEGA cooldown has actually been implemented
    - Mooni's Divorce confirmation screen now has a textbox to say 'DIVORCE' in

Event tweaks/changes
    - Anniversary Boxes will be buffed
    - Up to 200 users will now be able to join the Puff Daddy Challenge on each channel
    - Puff Daddy can now be challenged in channel 7 and 8
    - Puff Daddy HP increased and decreased the threshold slightly for better coin drops
    - You will no longer be able to join a Puff Daddy Challenge after the boss has spawned
    - Altered level range in quest "The Lost Textbook" so that players that are above 130 can still receive the quest drops from mobs that are above 110 instead of 120.
    - Fixed an issue where getting timed out during Witch Cat PQ did not give points.
    - Fixed Cassandra not exchanging correct Level 64 XBow
    - Fixed OX Quiz only having a maximum of 3 players on each instance instead of 100.
    - Winning RPS 10 times in a row now properly broadcasts the message to server.
    - Behind the scene fixes

Known issues:
    - Speed skill buffs from Buccaneer got rolled back (will be fixed soon in a patch)
    - RPS currently has a chance to crash the client (Likely know why, and will be fixed in a patch)
    - Some users using very specific windows setup get an error about playing in a virtual machine. An option for these users, for now, is to turn off their virtualization if they really want to play, such as hypervisor from Windows, or Virtualization from their bios.

Once again I wish everyone to have a little bit of patience while we look at tweaks we need to make into the event. Balancing everything perfectly with triple the users compared to the last event is not an easy task.

If you got any feedback you can let us know about it

Thank you

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  2. Foxes

Foxes Dark Stone Golem

Sep 2, 2019
    6:41 PM
    I'm not sure if this is the right place to put feedback, but there isn't anywhere else I can see, and you're asking here.

Making most of the rewards timegated on daily quests, jqs, etc. sucks for a large percentage of the population. I get why you're doing it, to discourage people from just grinding out rewards for the entire event, but this doesn't stop it from happening. All someone needs to do to grind out more rewards is make x number of characters and do the dailys, much like people were doing with the event pq last christmas. What this actually does is reduce people who work or have other commitments and can only play on specific days, e.g., the weekends, ability to participate. The majority of content is just timegated which just isn't fun.

I started a new char for this event, and so far at lvl 24 I still can't do the daily quests because screw noobs / new players / people who don't leech to 50+ in a day I guess? I also can't start designing my character until I have the event hair I want, yet that's timegated too. I have to do 4 pqs which low lvls are literally dead weight in, or some puff daddys, aka, the snowman from christmas (presuming it's actually ~5 coins per puff daddy). Remember how annoyed people were with the snowman last year towards the end? I'm sure this won't annoy people in the same way or anything /s. Also the drop rate for everything is nerfed to hell. I've done no pqs, just quests / grinding to 24 yet I've got one box (from which I got worthless haste candies), and 2 250 nx cards. I remember previous events being much more generous and having paths to items that weren't just timegated.

*A relatively simple improvement would be to allow green coins to drop from monsters semi rarely, and add the style coupons to both coin exchange npcs, and remove the level gate on the quests, or reduce it significantly. I might miss the ability to participate on the first day as a result of the level gate.

• Agree Agree x 7
  3. Aerika

Aerika Slime

Dec 19, 2017
    Female
    Bamukuhen
    Bowmaster
    Hi Kimmy and MapleLegends Team! Thank you for all your hard work!

I’m not sure if this has been brought to your attention yet (or if my case has been the only occurrence), but me and echung379echung379 have been having this issue where we can’t do the daily event PQs together. We keep getting the notification that goes along the line of, “You may only enter on one client at a time.” We live together, both use MACs, and both only had one client up on our respective computers. :(

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. magykarp

magykarp Horny Mushroom

Jul 6, 2018
    Male
    magykarp
    :( if you guys have access to a vpn, that worked for someone in my guild who also plays with someone on the same network

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  5. DarthLord

DarthLord Mushmom

Jun 4, 2019
    9:41 PM
    Assassin
    So... this is the second maintenance finished with no 50 eur ign change processed.

6. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Hello,

During the maintenance, the following more things were done including the things in the first post:

- Increased chance of getting Magic Bean and Rock Paper Scissors Ticket from 5th Anniversary Box
    - Added a new bundle for Anniversary Hair and Anniversary Face Coupons for 35 Shiny Gold Coins
    - Spring Festival Coins now drop from all monsters as a rare drop
    - Fixed Female Illium Face, now obtainable through Anniversary Face Coupon in Orbis Plastic Surgery from Plastic Roy

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Anich1456

Anich1456 Brown Teddy

Jun 26, 2017
    Male
    9:41 AM
    Karikatus
    Assassin
    Boop
    Did the text box problem with the trade got fixed? XD
    Eg.
    (name) : (speech)

because when i was trading with some guy yesterday the textbox while trading showed this

: (speech) x 2

and no name

8. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    We are aware. Will be fixed for real next restart, haha.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    7:26 AM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    Hello~

May I know why the bean chance was increased? Can it be kept lower or reverted? 1 hour for one box for a chance at the beanstalk seems.. a little.. discouraging.

10. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    10:41 AM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    If you increase the chances it means more chance to get a bean :p

11. Anich1456

Anich1456 Brown Teddy

Jun 26, 2017
    Male
    9:41 AM
    Karikatus
    Assassin
    Boop
    wait what do you mean? XD

12. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    7:26 AM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    Yeah, I'd rather not get a bean but more FPS tickets or even candies. Maybe I'm biased because of my play style, but getting a bean and then 9 golden eggs after an hour of grinding seems really not worth.

13. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    As we get Buccaneer back to shape on teh enxt reset, could get that 120 sec charge thing? haha

14. Babadibou

Babadibou Mano

Jun 13, 2017
    Male
    9:41 PM
    Babadibou
    Ranger, Crusader
    I’m in the same boat. It’ll happen when it happens. At the end of the day, we spent the cash as a donation, so technically we aren’t owed shit.