1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Utility of Donor's Point

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by MrHoO, Oct 4, 2017.

Is donor's item / service / access good enough?

1. Donor is good as it is !

52.8%
  2. Maybe donor should deserve something more ?

37.7%
  3. NO MEANS NO, F**K DONORS! NO TIME NO PLAY ! STFU AND LIVE WITH IT !

9.4%
  1. MrHoO

MrHoO Red Snail

Oct 4, 2017
    5:22 AM
    MrHoO
    Beginner
    Hi all,

I'm not strongly supporting this idea, but I'm hoping for something towards busy working adults that don't have the time to grind as much, but still like to enjoy playing/social-ing in Maple Legends.

But as for the donor points, is it possible to ease off working adults playtime - as in leveling? perhaps at least for us to catch up most people. some day i could only have 1~2 hours of playing so it's much appreciated due to tiredness at work, I can't really grind much.

2x coupon can be made available at a certain price point, not inaccessible to non-donors, but maybe at a agreed price point for both donors and non-donors. Maybe 10k cash for a 6 hours 2x exp for non-donors, and 5k rp for a 6 hours 2x exp ? *be it 2x drop or exp

Besides this, I find getting mesos is pretty tough at this rate, with only 1~2 hours of play time a day, maybe making teleport rock available for donors is a good way just to save travel time (even though it has the slightest edge compared to non-donors, but price point can be settled)

I know I may upset some players who want fairness, but my point isn't game breaking (like allowing gacha/ap reset to be available to donors), that's P2Win, but comparing 2x exp for hourly 2x coupon, paying an amount (which for a working adult should be no problem i guess) to save 2x time spent to catch up with fellow non-donors is reasonable, no?

PROS :-
    1) Lesser grind time for people who have not much time.
    2) ?

CONS :-
    1) Spoiling the economy ?
    2) ?

All comments are welcome, but please be as polite as possible, as I'm not SUPER aggressive towards this idea, just wanting a little bit more for people who have less time, but still love the good old days. (and yes , mostly I use 2x during weekends to catch up with my fellow buddies during Official Server)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Taida

Taida Mixed Golem

May 30, 2017
    Female
    NYC
    5:22 PM
    Solstice
    People who have put time into the game obtain rewards equivalent to what they've put in, I don't see an issue with this system.

Making this coupon available for all means it'll still put people who don't play often at a disadvantage... It's not as if the coupon is restricted to people who don't have time to play.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    2:22 PM
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    Personally. I am a little bit opposed to the idea of bringing in 2x exp/2x drop coupons, especially make it more accessible to donors.

I once created a thread discussing why account sharing is bad. One of the reasons is that it's unfair to those who invested in their time. Yes~It's an option for people who don't have much time to play to catch up and make decant progress, but it also gives advantage to people who donate. I think it's considered P2W, when people who spend money have such advantage over people who don't spend money.

4. Mockingbird

Mockingbird Mano

Aug 17, 2017
    Male
    7:22 AM
    Mockingbird
    Thief
    This is also just a random top of my head thought but maybe we can have some 2x events or something instead? At various set intervals as perhaps to cater to people of different time zones? This way everyone in theory has access to the increased exp amount.

Or introduce the coupons but in a buff form that are dropped by mobs, so players can save up and use them at times convenient to them. My definition of fairness mightnt align with everyone elses, but the way I see it, if everyone in theory has access to it, then well, it's fairly fair?

5. Piety

Piety (ㆆᴗㆆ)/ Retired Staff

Apr 4, 2017
    Centaur & Chaste
    One of the biggest arguments of our Donor NX system is that it's NOT Pay2Win.
    This would make it so, and would require you to donate to train in the most effective way.

I personally (Disclaimer: does not represent the opinion of the staff team as a whole) am very much against adding these coupons, even if not through Donor. One of the arguments for not having them in the Cash Shop is that the server is already in permanent 2x XP mode. Letting paying people get a permanent 4x XP on top of Event XP is just way too much, and would make the grind way too easy.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. OP
    OP
    MrHoO

MrHoO Red Snail

Oct 4, 2017
    MrHoO
    Beginner
    gotta agree with you about adding the coupons, but as for the donor's item , we (adults who have lesser time to play due to work), hopefully will be able to have some edge at the same time contributing towards the server.

E.g. having a 1.5x coupon for donors at a decent price (which I don't think it's game breaking, due to the fact that everyone levels the same. even though people who don't work but getting money will be able to access to it, same goes for non-donors, maybe at 2.5k NX for a 30 mins 1.5x ? as for donors maybe 1k for a 1.5x coupon ?

I'm still trying to figure out the balance for working adults, because I am one, and being hard to catch up is a problem to me. imagine people who spend 4~6 hours a day in game a day, one week will be having 28~42 hours of gaming, while I'll be only having 7~14 hours of game play.

and people who spend 1 month of decent gaming, I'll need 4 months to be the same as them due to limited play time.

You can donate to enjoy the 1.5x / 2x exp , but bear in mind that it's not SUPER game breaking as APreset/Gacha, And I still don't see how cosmetic coupons / beauty coupons aren't accessible to donors again? since it's cosmetic.

Well it's open for discussion anyways :D keep the comments coming

7. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    3:22 PM
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    lol

• Informative Informative x 7
  8. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    11:22 PM
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    I think grinding really still is the easy part even when time constrained. I think browsing the fm and going through all channels and all shops searching for scrolls to grind more effectively is way more time consuming. I would love to see some (gm) scrolls available through donating to solve the issue of the working players.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    2:22 PM
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    Why not just owl the scrolls you want to look for?

10. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    LOL

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    6:22 PM
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    TriHard

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  12. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    I have no intention or plans to add any sort of pay2win into MapleLegends. Also the argument and reasons are a bit silly, since you are basically implying only people that donate are adults and are working, which isn't true. You don't donate just because you are an adult that have less time, so donating to get these benefits because you are busy/not having enough time is not a valid reason to implement them.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    Donations should be done under the basis of enjoying your time on Legends and wanting to support it.
    It should not be mandatory or provide advantages towards the game.

What you have proposed gives an advantage to donators.
    I have a big problem with 2X EXP and aswell as Drop coupons, as Legends is promoted to be a low rate v62 server.
    2X EXP and Drop coupons makes progression way too fast compared to the normal rate.

14. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    WaitWhat

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
  16. Taida

Taida Mixed Golem

May 30, 2017
    Female
    NYC
    Solstice
    v63, New source, New version confirmed TriHard

17. OP
    OP
    MrHoO

MrHoO Red Snail

Oct 4, 2017
    MrHoO
    Beginner
    Hm, for my view it ain't really pay2win implementing 1.5x or 2x (30 mins) item, compared to gacha, e.g. I have unlimited cash = unlimited gacha, same goes for ap reset.

But for the slight boost of exp rate, unlimited cash = 1.5x , it's not like it's stackable, but you get my point.

donors will achieve what normal player will achieve in 1.5 months in 1 month time.

I don't think it's really Pay2Win, but I'm just trying to prove my point as in Donors could have the slightest edge, but not game breaking.

A very good example would be, Donor's Chair regen.

No one without donating will have that sort of regen, compared to my character who is new, that have 100hp and 200mp regen at level 1. (game breaking? nope.. but you get my point)

Cheers.

Just my POV :( don't bash me

18. Else

Else Mixed Golem

Jan 28, 2017
    Male
    12:22 AM
    Beginner
    Honor
    Hmm, Chairs are not used by anyone, its a bad example. if some1 could achieve more exp it will actually save him time by far. if i buy a leeching service for 4 hours and get the x2 from donor , it would equal to 8 hours some1 else buys it.
    which means ill save 4 hours of mesos buying leech, which could be up to like 40m+ (1hit petri solo)

same goes for drop rate - its just unlimited more mesos. doing HT? double the meso, farming a scroll? double the meso.

19. OP
    OP
    MrHoO

MrHoO Red Snail

Oct 4, 2017
    MrHoO
    Beginner
    chair are not used by anyone? at least i use it haha for newbies who need 100hp/200mp regen per 10seconds. it allows me to have the edge compared to someone who is completely new without donating. you're missing the point here, i'm talking about slight edge.

as for 2x leeching service that you mentioned, pricing of the 2x or 1.5x is crucial in your point. imagine buying a service of 4 hours. (e.g. 15m) instead of 8 hrs (e.g. 30m), 2x is cost at lets say 20m , would he buy it? depends on whether he have the cash. since he contributed to the server. having 2x is the slight edge that i was talking about.

maybe not for drop because of bossing drop 2x, but maybe for exerience?

2x drop rate that you mentioned, how is unlimited more mesos? 2x drop = 2x chance to drop a bag of mesos, not unlimited. spending $10,000 and $1,000 = getting x amount of mesos maximum, unlike gacha / ap reset ($10,000 = x unit of gacha, $1,000 = y unit of gacha, same goes for ap reset.

Do you get my point after i explain? I don't mind not giving 2x drop, but the exp curve is very tough, for me at least. ( I don't have the 20 hours playtime a day like 8 years ago :p ,but if i could fork out 10 hours playtime to achieve a 20 hours playtime , i don't mind. )

just my 2 cents :D

20. Else

Else Mixed Golem

Jan 28, 2017
    Male
    12:22 AM
    Beginner
    Honor
    Hmm, Wait until u have 5k HP or get to higher lvl's, u will see that chairs arent slight edge, they are non-factorial.

its not a slight edge where he can save up to millions of mesos buying leech, or hours of his time grinding, remember, time equals money in this game (simplest example, leeching).

first of all, x2 drop rate dont apply to meso at all. secondly, if i grind 2 hours and i get a scroll every hour means if ill have x2 drop ill get 4 scrolls, which i can sell for more. add up all the other items and boss and u get a broken mechanic.

someone activate it befor HT and a expensive mastry book drops out? poof, hundred millions mesos added to his account. people will pay a lot of mesos to get that person with the x2 drop to the party and let him kill off the last part of a boss to get that sweet sweet extra drops, meaning - paying irl money to get mesos