1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Utility of Donor's Point

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by MrHoO, Oct 4, 2017.

Is donor's item / service / access good enough?

1. Donor is good as it is !

52.8%
  2. Maybe donor should deserve something more ?

37.7%
  3. NO MEANS NO, F**K DONORS! NO TIME NO PLAY ! STFU AND LIVE WITH IT !

9.4%
  1. OP
    OP
    MrHoO

MrHoO Red Snail

Oct 4, 2017
    10:02 AM
    MrHoO
    Beginner

well I get your point,

as for the chair part, since ML is practicing "fairness", i'm just pointing out a very small point which don't matter, but isn't fair for 2 different new players (donors and non-donors).

Personally I don't agree on double drop (due to bossing drop), how bout 2x exp / 2x mesos. Leeching mechanics = money, meaning 2x exp = lesser amount earn by leecher. but still, he has to spend 4 hours worth of leeching instead of 8 hours (as per your example), but you keep factoring out the donor's real life money. which in exchange for the differences that donor is getting, which is the 2x amount money saved + 2x amount of time saved. in exchange of "x" amount of real life money. it's not Pay2Win, for what I think.

I understand you kept pointing out the edge of a donor getting 2x exp is time saved + mesos saved. in exchange of a piece of real money. I'm saying that it's not game breaking. or making it 1.5x for x amount of real life money to balance the economy out, so donors could at least save some time in game at least. I'm not requesting putting 2x in donors shop / putting apreset/gacha in donors shop. maybe a 1.5x exp buff item ? or exp gacha for donors (might not be fair, but saves donors time, e.g. condition like max level using exp gacha = x level) to catch up to end game to enjoy the game content a little more instead of grinding(leveling) for 3 months then enjoy the game content.

It's not actually Pay2Win, you pay to get the slight advantage over non-donors, which non-donors can still achieve with just harder effort.

still trying how to figure out how to catch up with the game.

2. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    yooo you already said yourself that it isn't fair for non-donors dont know watcha thinking you having twice the exp rate isnt a slight advantage its actually gives an extreme edge over non donors your basically leveling twice as fast...For instance, in current maplestory miracle cubes can either be bought for 2 bucks on you can spend 1 week just to craft one although you are able to obtain the same results as donors you take a heck longer of a time. so what you are suggesting is not completely pay to win but it still is "partially" pay to win and i think thats what the admins are trying to avoid.

3. Xquisite

Xquisite Orange Mushroom

Aug 19, 2017
    Male
    Curaçao
    10:02 PM
    Xqst
    I agree that donations need a buff, but not in the EXP department. I believe the hardest part of this game is earning muhni for pots and such. I also play for 1-2-3h a day, and the fact that is slow, makes it much rewarding once you reach job advancement.

Maplestory, or at least this server, is not really competitive unless you make it out to be that way.

4. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    4:02 AM
    Beginner
    I'm fine with this idea, if people have to provide proof that they work many hours of the day.
    If not, IT'S P2W.

5. Monto

Monto Slime

Oct 5, 2017
    Male
    Venezuela
    Monto
    Dragon Knight
    PerlaNegra
    a game always have to be supported in some way, and this is it how is done.

6. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    I got a non exp suggestion. Let us buy guilds and guild upgrades using donor points, maybe even new fonts for guild name.
    Then I would gladly drop some money.

7. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    Which is STILL pay2win, that is what pay2win is all about.
    It doesn't matter how big the overall advantage is, the fact you payed money to get any advantage is still considered pay2win.

You catch up by making smart moves in the game, and effectively utilizing your time.
    That and getting lucky with either gachapon or scrolling.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    MrHoO

MrHoO Red Snail

Oct 4, 2017
    MrHoO
    Beginner
    You can't compare 2bucks for a mcube with a week of craft. That's why I said, e.g. donors who donated. lets just put this as an example, $5 for a 1hr of 1.5x or 2x, what do you think now? yes people could spend $120 for a day of 1.5x / 2x ? because a $2 thing is compared with a week work, how bout $120 for something that you can outbeat just for double the work of someone who paid. those who willing to pay, pay. for the ease of work. I'm just talking about an example. not actual fact tho. and yes $5 for 1hr of 1.5x/2x buff is ridiculous, but you get my point. So don't compare $2 for a week of farm. :)

Maybe not for EXP department, but somehow somewhere, i think donors should have a little more than the current state. I just wanted to enjoy the end game content a little sooner.

Hmm.. if that's the case then I guess i got the "Pay2Win" idea wrongly. Pay2Win for my POV is consider like using $10,000 can be highlevel / strong as someone who played for 6 months. even if he just played for 1 week.

As for my suggestion about EXP curve is to ease the grindfest needed to enjoy late game content (e.g. bossing) , due to limited time.

9. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    8:02 PM
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    I'm just confused why you're trying to play a LOW-RATE private server for a Korean mmo if you don't want to grind. There are plenty of high rate servers out there if you want to reach endgame content and they're fun in their own ways.

Even if you don't want to play high rates, there are other low rate servers with slightly higher rates than Legends.

10. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    lol your not getting my point. I'm trying to get into your dense head that anything that gives an advantage to anything by donations in this server is probably not going to be accepted cuz its slightly pay to win. My cube for $2 analogy was just an example of what p2w is like since you dont quite understand what the term actually means . Since you want to experience end game content and don't have time for it I suggest you play some other higher rate servers which have the 2x exp coupons aka (ease of work) whereas by your logic is fair even when people who are not busy with real life stuff can donate to get that 2x exp buff as well.

ps dont know why you think levelling twice as fast isnt gamebreaking when majority of the game is about levelling

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  11. AGGrey

AGGrey Chronos

Jun 30, 2017
    Male
    MistDragon
    Dark Knight
    If you dont have time to train yourself do what half the server does and leech. I'm in college so I just login at night, buy leech for like an hour so I can work on other things.

12. Taida

Taida Mixed Golem

May 30, 2017
    Female
    NYC
    Solstice
    Are you not going to address these points? lmao

Listening to what you only want to hear detracts from the point of this "discussion".

13. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    that being said i see no reason to donate since the free nx is already decent enough some are even better than the donor ones so we could use some other donation incentives

14. SYLegend

SYLegend Dark Stone Golem

Mar 6, 2015
    Male