1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Notice Valentine's + Lunar New Year Event 2022 - Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Events' started by Nightz, Apr 18, 2022.

1. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    11:07 AM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Hello everyone! [​IMG]

You have about a week left to use up your Spring points!

With the Valentines + Lunar new year event concluded, we want to gather everyone's feedback about the event. Please share how you liked/disliked the event and what can be improved.

[​IMG]
    Here are some talking points if you're not sure where to start:
    • Daily raffle
      • A new daily quest system was put in place which required people to traverse the maple world.
        • What are your thoughts about having a raffle tied to a daily, random quest?
        • Preference for a 20 hour cooldown or once every reset?
      • The mobs required to kill at different level ranges
        • Were you satisfied with the method of completing this quest? If not, please explain why.
      • Rewards
        • What are your thoughts about the rewards available from the raffle?
        • What are your thoughts about the reward table and the rate in which you received items?
        • Do you have any additional thoughts that need to be addressed?
    • Event currency
      • Obtainability and the rewards
      • Cosmetic NX items
    • Returning seasonal quests
      • Chocolate Basket
      • Bouquet of Roses
      • Romeo and Juliet
    • Love letters
    • Aesthetics: Custom FM, website design, event announcement
    • Anything else related to the event!
    Also looking forward to hear about things you would love to see being implemented in future events!

As always, please keep the discussion civil.

We hope you enjoyed the event, and thank you for your input! Happy Mapling [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  2. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    3:07 AM
    Kiyomasa, kage, miko, zoku, etc
    Dragon Knight, Cleric, Bowman, Bandit
    Perion
    I absolutely loved the idea of the Daily Raffle. The drop table was cool, though I'm sure many people were a bit peeved to get potions/candy.

I think that's my only piece of criticism in this whole event: getting potions while your friends are getting bags, gloves, accessories etc just feels bad. I appreciate one hundred 100% chocolates but that gets consumed pretty much immediately--there's already so little USE space in my inventory. But I'm also not entirely sure what a proper "low prize" would be, both winnings-wise and for people under 70. Maybe mini baskets that last 15 minutes instead of an hour?

I liked that you had to actually go out and kill things that weren't right next door. I mean sometimes you got lucky but most of the time it was a journey. Some people complained about that, but I think that was the whole point, to not just complete your daily in half a minute and piss off.

I think it's a great idea for events.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  3. TrueKebab

TrueKebab Pink Teddy

Jan 13, 2020
    Male
    DancinPig, Jatizso, Neitiznot, HolyPig
    Dragon Knight, Priest, Shadower
    Galaxy
    Daily quest on its own is nice, gives something to do without feeling grindy like 2500 points, on the other hand I do prefer to do all in one pull xD. 20h Cooldown works well, so you don't actually miss out on a raffle if you're a little late once or twice (like redo after 25 hours instead of 20, 1 per reset you'd potentially miss out on one)
    Only quest-based feedback I'd give is allow a lightbulb-like accepting of the quest where ever you are, leaving Krex to grab raffle to get Duku's was annoying, same thing for leaving Ludi and getting Phantom Watches.
    Abscense of actual WS/CS from raffle pool compared to previous events felt weird, but I suppose its to do with the coins system, and pouches were available.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. SadboySolari

SadboySolari Orange Mushroom

Aug 28, 2021
    Male
    6:07 AM
    SadboySolari
    Marksman
    Sleepywood
    I liked the idea of having to go out and kill mobs, it forced us to explore a bit, but I did not like it being tied to the daily raffle. This forced us to play every day no matter what was going on in our lives or leave us with eternal regret for what could have been if we didn't miss a day of ML, and left me with anxiety all month over whether I'd get what I wanted on any of my characters (I did not :cry:). Whereas with the previous system I could at least know my life was a failure early on and at least relax somewhat.

The event points seemed relatively easy to get which wasn't bad, but they seemed overall useless as there was no profit to be made from them, just cosmetics. It was nice having point farming parties in the past to farm points for the raffle or to get APRs because it promoted the social aspect of the game more, but even if you missed out on a point farming party you would still have motivation to farm them yourself and could make up for that lost opportunity.

I think the love letters were really cool, I just wish they could've lasted a little longer after the event.

It would have been nice to have an accurate list of the mobs that dropped what kind of rose or some more clarity about it, and perhaps some drop rates, because myself and others have spent hours in the first days of the events trying to find certain roses and not finding anything. Maybe an increased drop rate would help too.

Can we start getting previous event mounts as part of obtainable rewards or as a limited time purchase as well? Also it'd be nice to get a chance to obtain a Crystal Rudolph and any other single event pets in some future event as well. As far as I know it was only available for one event and while exclusivity is nice, its also nice for people to actually get a chance to obtain such event items once in a while.

All in all, thank you guys for all your hard work and I look forward to more events. :cry:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. TrueKebab

TrueKebab Pink Teddy

Jan 13, 2020
    Male
    Galaxy
    maplelegends.com/lib search for Valentine Rose, rate's aside, theres a drop list for each rose (assuming its accurate of course). Rates did feel lower than last year though.

• Like Like x 1
  6. SadboySolari

SadboySolari Orange Mushroom

Aug 28, 2021
    Male
    SadboySolari
    Marksman
    Sleepywood
    That's the issue, myself and others farmed some of the mobs listed for hours and hours and hours and hours and didn't see a single rose, hence the clarity request.

• Like Like x 1
  7. TrueKebab

TrueKebab Pink Teddy

Jan 13, 2020
    Male
    Galaxy
    Heard more people say rates seemed lower than last year, I still had 2 sets from last time so I didn't need to grind for them so I have no real idea on how it was this time, other than only actually getting a single rose this time xD Next time though if its like this, I'm in for an unpleasant surprise probably hehe

• Like Like x 1
  8. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    7:07 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    Giving my 2 cents because i like to write:

1) Very Nice romeo and Juliet event!

2) Very nice stats boost and speed/jump increase for rings, Nice to have a thing like rose to moviment the market, good for who farm money, good for who just buy for done the quest.

3) i did everyday a raffle on one char, the highest price item i got was princess no chair (3x) and css 20 (1x), i was sad with card drop rate of some mobs (400 dukus w/o a single card, 2/700 for newties), no cat chair but very good mesos raising!

4) i don't really care with cosmetic, but have a very Nice itens and set itens to get, and the most epic pet: a fat Tigger!!

5) the basket was pretty to 7f duo, 1hour basket per day and nice exp..

Great event at all o/

• Like Like x 1
  9. creative

creative Mr. Anchor

Nov 2, 2019
    Male
    Giving my opinion before I somehow forget about this thread.

Daily Raffle
    I enjoyed this as I got to explore different places I never really thought about going as I leveled up. The 20 hour cool-down I was fine with since I usually did it when I first woke up in the morning to start my day and get my fingers going. As for the mobs, they were fine and the rewards weren't that bad.

Event Currency
    The points had some good stuff to be traded, but I found a lot of the NX items/pets that were obtainable weren't really anything I wanted for some reason. Ended the event with 850 points or so unused.

Returning Season Quests
    The basket helped me out a ton and I loved using it. I was able to zoom around GS2 and level pretty quickly on my i/L. The ring and quests were good that came with these.

Love Letters
    I obtained one and just didn't care for it. Wasn't a huge fan of these and it felt like a filler for something else to get once a day that did nothing.

Aesthetics
    I enjoyed the FM and event announcement graphic. As for the website, I use dark mode so I didn't get to see it that much.

Overall, 9/10 with room for improvement.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Kryzen

Kryzen Blue Snail

Mar 12, 2021
    4:07 AM
    ...honestly!~ even though the daily raffle was... kind of brutal..??.. (like... my only char. was a priest, & i had to use magic claw against buffoons, captains, homunculi, & vice-versa... FoxF4)
    -i still REALLY enjoyed completing it, EVERY DAY, in hopes of getting something good SlimeSweat2 (note: i did?..?- just no cat mug... //// ...)

...but yeah!~ this event DEFINITELY made me value my voting nx even more bc/ i kept blowing it all on vip telerocks!!... OnionCryRun (...but that's okayy!!!- bc/ eventually, i got to meet LOTS of wonderful people during each ellinia ↔ orbis boat ride!!~ SlimeSweat2)

...& i have to say!- it really didn't take that long to purchase everything in the points shop!... *...perhaps that's just me?...? >////>'*
    sooooo~ i'm especially happy with unlocking all the pets, & saving all of the faces and hairs w/ the style saver!!!
    ...& yeah!~ i guess- the last thing i'll probably mention is... i thought coco's basket was SUPER convenient!- bc/ it was REALLY awesome to have an hour long HS buff while camping in GS2!... OnionGloomy

sooooo... uhmmm... to close this off...??-
    -thank you maplelegends staff for making my first event enjoyable & memorable!!!!! SlimeShockedSlimeAngel

OnionBye

p.s. ohhhhhh!!~ i also enjoyed doing the romeo & juliet questline for the chairs!... SlimeSweat2

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  11. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    I liked it. The raffle quest is MUCH more enjoyable than endless point farming. My biggest gripe with the quest was that the mob list felt a tad... too curated. The fun of the "randomness" loses its effect fairly quickly as the list is too small to always see new mobs. And the ones which did make the list were definitely not created equal. In the 3rd job tier (idk the exact level range, but it seemed to be the same pool for my 7x sniper, 90 fp, and 101 priest), Cheap Amplifiers and Hogul were SO much smoother than Cerebes or Buffoon. If we're allowing easier and harder options to both be potential pulls, a larger list would have kept some entertainment value of seeing "new places".
    4th job pool had a few outliers as well, but generally 4th job characters are much better equipped to deal with them. Even 12x mages had safe spots to ult sharks from to avoid death.

In terms of raffle rewards, I pulled 6 daily 70+ raffles (minus one day I pulled Cerebes again and was not having it..). I didn't log my results, but I felt pretty fairly compensated for my effort. The ability to put coin pouches in the loot table is definitely a good thing, I just wonder if not including pouch 5 provided enough coin to satiate the event time server. Perhaps, I don't have the numbers to truly say. In all, raffle is very promising for its ability to create decent rewards without a full ws, and allowing new/low levels to participate as well.

The rest of the stuff was nice; nothing wrong with some returning legacy content. Most of the other event pieces weren't relevant to me (point farm, love letter, baskets), but the event is certainly better for having them. I personally didn't need points for more than a tiger chair (untradable why?) and some pets.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. comfycal

comfycal Slime

Nov 3, 2019
    Gunslinger
    Daily Raffle
    + Enjoyable
    + Gives us a good reason to play for a few minutes each day.
    + Killing 100 mobs around your level felt fair. Some of the mob choices + spawn rate sucks (like the Goat) especially when you're not a mobbing class. I'd keep it consistent and weighted towards more common maps, but that's just me being lazybones.
    - Would prefer the quest resetting at daily reset. Keeping track of when you turned in the quest is annoying, and I feel it'd make more sense to align it with everything else that resets on reset?
    - While the reward table was fine, I think a pity system could be added where you can grab at max one "S-tier" item guaranteed, through a separate point system. Like if you complete the Daily Raffle 10 times, you get enough points to choose from: Coin Pouch, Event Equip Set, 1 of many event chairs, or a triple pet set, etc etc.

Event Currency
    + Fair obtainability.
    + I like the drop rates and exchange rates.
    + Good NX variety
    + Keeping things in multiples of 5 feels clean
    - More Hair/Face options please!
    - There are some weapons that I'd prefer without their effects

Valentines Quests
    - Please let the required etc. items stack!

Aesthetics
    + Everything was lovely
    + Absolutely adore the event announcement banner
    - A cosmetics + NX guide/showcase would be super useful. Or at least linked in the main post if another user has to make it.

Other
    + More community creative events? Art, screenshot, graphic design, video contests. I have a feeling they take a good amount of effort to prepare and judge, but I think it's worthwhile.

Couldn't allot enough time to complete all the quests, but I'm pretty satisfied with the rewards reaped and overall feeling of everything.

• Like Like x 1
  13. lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    What are your thoughts about having a raffle tied to a daily, random quest?

I get there needed to be a way to prevent the degeneracy at hhg2 and newer multi client strats, but I think the price paid was too high.

First of all, event farming is now totally solostory. The event encourages you to waste a lot of time doing tasks totally isolated from other players. The best part of the game is playing with other people, I think the fact that the new raffle system lacked this component was a huge loss. I know higher level players can do bossing instead, but that is a much bigger barrier for entry and also brings up more issues.

Second of all, it didn’t really stop people from being degenerate. I still see people with 7 different accounts pulled up running the event. And with all the boat rides, this is actually way better than doing the event as a normal person. People with higher level characters can also leech the boss version easier so it kind of still defeats this purpose.

Lastly, the raffle just felt like a huge hassle after the first couple of times. You always had to go to and from Amoria playing boat ride simulator across a bunch of different regions. Event doers especially dread the infamous Cerebes quest, where you need to go from Amoria to orbis, to el nath, through the mountains, into the deepest depths of a volcano to farm a beefy mob with low spawns. Ironically the best way to low level raffle was on maple island because you always know you’re going to have good spawns and close by maps. The second best strategy was parking all your characters in Amoria and just skimming quests until you get one that doesn’t take forever to travel to.

Preference for a 20 hour cooldown or once every reset?

Every reset. Managing more than one event quest was really annoying unless you did them all at the same time.

What are your thoughts about the reward table and the rate in which you received items?

Kinda sad we didn’t get just cs/ws like regular events especially when the prices continue to be as asinine as they are, but perhaps the rates are just distributed among these smaller bags and I don’t know?

Event currency

New event currency system is great minus the raffle. I am glad to be able to buy the cosmetics to my hearts content.

Love letters

These were a fun and cute little thing, glad to see them added.

Custom FM

This was also cool

• Like Like x 2
  14. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    I liked basically everything, it was a fresh new event that was fun without any pressure to go hard. It's only a couple minor tweaks away from me considering it a perfect event. Just chill vibes.

It would be nice if AP Resets were somehow incorporated, say as an alternative to the raffle. Daily hunt for 1 AP Reset would be nice, and even potentially made Cash Shop storable AP Resets for a potential 6 AP Resets per day if you choose to expand the account to the maximum and heavily invest in more characters there.

Desiring multiple Ducky Pups led to much pain too, so I quickly gave up on the idea to instead get them on multiple accounts. If you wanted 3 Ducky Pups on an account you'd need to farm 600 points. A more expensive option for singular pets would have been nice, but at least I got triple Tubby Tigers for fun friends.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. porl

porl Mixed Golem

May 30, 2020
    Male
    9:07 PM
    Bishop, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    Raffles barely affected the coin prices, rates were way too low. I’ve never seen an event affect ws/cs prices so little.

Only having cosmetic rewards from chocolate made them pretty boring, the older exchanges with tangible market value items were much better

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    Daily Raffle
    Balancing the raffle towards people that didn't multi-client so that every character could do raffle once was a great way to make things sort of fair, other than multi-mage grindfest.

Personally one every 20 hours is best just remove some of the unwanted tedious rewards like potions and transformations, Lunar New Year Merchant. (labeled "New Year", Teleport Cokes, Minerva Owls, Etc.)

Event Currency
    The event currency was fine the only things that were worth getting were Round Glasses, Pashmina Scarf, Camofluff set owo, pretty disappointed that there weren't any AP Resets in this event but I could see and understand why they weren't there. (residentsleeper Dark Knight grindfest) >.>

Event Seasonal Quests
    I've only got Chocolate Basket once since it wasn't that important to me and ended up using them on Love Letters.
    Bouquet of Roses quest was just a farmfest in search for flowers that rarely ever dropped so just gave in and bought them for about 3mil each.
    I ignored Romeo and Juliet quest since its only for chairs that everyone else already has.

Love Letters
    Love Letters.. this for me was pretty much trading it from my mules over to my main or giving them to people that make me OwO.

Then there were the ones that just wouldn't accept them or were afk.. Julie where go? Raso why..

Aesthetics
    The FM layout was alright there were some HD lines for mac client in certain areas of the map.
    Website design I didn't really notice since I use Dark Mode.
    Event announcements all look the same looking through them. Serin does Serin things.

All in all event was great not really going to complain too much on my terrible RNG for cat chair since could just buy it anyways.

Event rating 8.5/10.

• Like Like x 2
  17. raysinz5

raysinz5 Mr. Anchor

Jul 1, 2015
    Male
    I/L Mage
    I'm glad the event didn't affect prices. Every time there is an event, the price of WS/CS/Coin shoots UP(even during the event).

• Like Like x 2
  18. porl

porl Mixed Golem

May 30, 2020
    Male
    9:07 PM
    Bishop, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    It's supposed to go down, with the increased supply from event raffles.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Cornwall

Cornwall Chronos

Dec 11, 2020
    Male
    Cornsair
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I liked the event. This event felt like a good rest after having a very grindy xmas+halloween event.

Daily Raffle:
    I always enjoy the raffle more when it is not tied to the limited amount of points used for cosmetics or APRs. This version of the raffle seemed nice, as it was a more entertaining way to complete the quest than the last time we had the raffle tied to a quest (present wrappers). The fact that the mobs provided were not the usual places were people grinded made it so that those who would be enjoying grinding out on 7F or even Himes for lower lvls could enjoy their places in peace while everyone completed their daily raffle.

I liked that the raffle did not include WS/CS, since completing the raffle was a 5-10 min effort and could be done on myriads of characters per day. The coin system allows it that even without obtaining WS/CS you're still technically obtaining parts of these items, which is great.

Event EXP:
    As always, very nice to have a boost of exp for those of us who enjoyed the event doing the same thing we usually do: grind and farm.

Ring of Passion:
    Very good as previous years, even better with its longer duration. I imagine this will mean that other rings from events like anniversary will be more limited. That is fine nevertheless.

Love letters:
    I did not create nor received a single letter of these so can't comment on it.

Chocolate baskets:
    This item is great, for one month some muling is reduced across the server (although this means some very mulable classes are affected for some boss runs as they're not as needed). The GM buffs during some bosses is very benefitial, specially for those who benefit from some good avoidability boost.

Although I don't feel too strongly about it, I feel the way to obtain the event etc's to get these baskets is rather odd. For those of us who farm through leech/multimaging, I feel like we could activate the quest and 1 hour later have our inventories filled with these ETCs which could last us for a whole week or more without having to bother farming again. I cannot speak for those farming them entirely by single clienting or non AOE attacks, but it felt rather too easy to obtain. To the point where it felt like it would be the same to simply have an NPC I can click and provide me the basket immediately. Maybe it would be better to make these work like quest items that don't duplicate after you've looted them (like marrow/skins was before for HT). That way at least it feels like people have to work for these baskets before being able to use them.

It was nice and easy to cover the entire store and more with simple daily farming. I don't have an issue with this as I know others may not play the same amount of hours as I do. I do feel its a bit unnecessary having the party point system apply if you don't really need much points to obtain anything you want from the store (but I guess it doesn't hurt?).

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. OP
    OP
    Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta