1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Notice Valentine's + Lunar New Year Event 2022 - Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Events' started by Nightz, Apr 18, 2022.

1. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    3:44 AM
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    When I say you I mean you as the team, english has stupid pronouns x-x in spanish we got two words one for you singular and for you plural. Just some acknowledge of what is going on is good. Also yes fuck RWT I was gonna make a meme about it, how a dude RWT and then the staff doxes him.

2. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    6:44 PM
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Gonna provide feedback just on daily raffle since I feel it's really the only system from this event that needs it.
    • Wasn't a huge fan of the 20 hour cooldown. Once a reset gives much more flexibility on when you can play. 20 hour cooldown instills urgency in the player to finish it as quickly as possible when available to get it back on cooldown again, while a once-per-reset system means there's no burden on the player to finish content sooner rather than later.
    • The Quest system was a good attempt as a concept, but still not the solution. There was far too much emphasis on solo play; for lower level characters, it was the only option, and for mages and anyone who rolled say, Stone Golems vs Scar/Targa, there was no incentive to do the bossing option. The (almost objectively) best way to play this event was solo, as teaming up with another player would require you both rolling the same mob and kill credit was not shared, which was a huge step down from the Christmas event, where at least farming party points gave a window of interacting with other players. That being said, there were a few times I got to do content with people I normally wouldn't when I was lucky enough to roll JC, Zak or Krex same time other people did, but tough luck if I rolled it when someone was only like 10 hours into their cooldown window or vice versa. Overall though the end result was generally a strong incentive on the player to ignore what other people are doing and play solo, in which case you were often better off just... not doing the raffle.
    • Rewards were pretty underwhelming. The raffle was easy, but the expected value of an average raffle pull compared to the time invested seemed not worth, especially if you rolled something annoying to complete. In general it seemed like the best way to take advantage of this event was to ignore the raffle entirely unless you rolled something convenient (and even this was questionable whether it was worth making the trip to Amoria for) and just make the most of the bonus EXP.
    • In the future, I'd like to see whatever system is implemented in this space encourage group content in some form. For a game that supposedly pushes its social aspect as the strongest draw for players, this was the biggest disappointment; the difference between spending 10 min killing a bunch of mobs in Leafre and spending 10 min killing a bunch of mobs in Damp Forest really doesn't matter if the end result is nobody interacting.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    10:44 PM
    Lisnar, HolyFlow, Theorist
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    If the staff have any plan to come back with APR on events, i think attaching it to Daily Raffles is good enough, (and per account), so we can block brainless farm with 12 clients to get a 30k hp NL in 2 weeks, tbh it is very unfair to anyone who lost previous events, but it's understandable why it is not coming back, but 0 apr throught new events its a overkill already.
    The idea of daily raffles don't please me, but it is a good wall to prevent anything who can hurt the server, so it should be attached only to APR farm in my oppinion.
    Instead of the dailies i like the idea of change it to weeklies, when you can do 33.3% of the weekly max farm per day, so you don't need to login everyday to farm it, you have some safe days (maybe on saturday you can do 100%?)

• Agree Agree x 2