1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

VIP Shop

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Zeretius, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Zeretius

Zeretius Windraider

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Ontario, Canada
    11:42 AM
    Zeretius
    Bowmaster
    Project
    Shops right now are Permenant and last 24hours. Is it possible to make a VIP shop that is permanent lasts 3x as long and costs 3x as much? The reason why I am suggesting 72 hour shop is usually the server isnt up for that long so you would only have to re-open your shop after server resets which is usually 1day 20hr+, AFAIK *correct me if im wrong*. However, this saves people from setting up a shop then going to bed and waking up to set up the shop again because of a server restart.

Or even easier just increase Shop uptime so people get a chance to see whats in the free market before it dissapears. I mean it's permanent anyway so why not just increase the time to make it less of a pain?

Multiple times i have searched and found items i needed, 6 hours later i go back and shop is gone xD

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    12:42 PM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    This is so that people don't just leave their shops there without losing the spot until a server restart. It's true some items that you found might disappear if the shop owner doesnt re-open it, but that is the point. The shop disappeared and it gave someone else the chance to grab the spot. Otherwise the people who arent online right after server restarts wont be able to get a good fm spot until another server restart occurs in which they are online at.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Reptar

Reptar Timer

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    California
    8:42 AM
    Reptar
    I/L Wizard
    Horizon
    Yeah I feel like the 24 hour limit is a good thing. If you really want that spot just set an alarm and reopen it or just do it when you get back online the next day.

4. Navi

Navi Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Developer Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    Male
    11:42 AM
    Moderator Post
    There is also a timer displayed in your Hired Merchant itself that only goes as high as 24 hours. Likewise, as Sucre said, 3 days would mean that players who happen to be online during the restart get the best spot for the duration of the uptime. When we finish the server upgrade, the uptime will hopefully be a little bit better, so it shouldn't be as big a problem to keep having to put up shops due to restarts. I have no doubts that with an upgrade from 1GB RAM -> 32GB RAM, uptime could easily be a week if not more.