1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Wand or Staff for Clerics?

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by tzachar, May 3, 2018.

1. tzachar

tzachar Red Snail

May 2, 2018
    Male
    2:51 AM
    Thonim
    Ranger
    Guildless
    Hello, do Priests go wands or staffs and why?

Thank you!

2. merky

merky Mr. Anchor

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    4:51 PM
    Crusader
    Given how LUKless builds are stronger than LUK builds, any wand or staff that doesn't have a LUK requirement would work. Here in MapleLegends, bishops don't incur damage penalties when using elemental wands, so that makes elemental wands the default endgame weapon for all magicians.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    tzachar

tzachar Red Snail

May 2, 2018
    Male
    Thonim
    Ranger
    Guildless
    Thanks Merky!

In that case.... what kind of weapons do you use without luk starting from lvl 8? (right now i'm lvl 15 and pretty much every wand or staff needs some luck... and the nearest elemental weapon is 70 i believe?) I know there's maple weapons, so I guess I'm asking is there anything in between that doesn't require LUK? I've looked at bbb.hidden-street and couldn't find anything. In that case, low LUK seems like the only viable option besides leeching. Does that sound about right?

4. Ayderac

Ayderac Pink Teddy

Mar 13, 2018
    Male
    Sweden
    9:51 AM
    Ayderac
    Bishop
    Abyss
    Green paint-brush, maple staff, nocturnal staff, maple lama staff, heart wand, maple shine wand and different umbrellas are some examples :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. merky

merky Mr. Anchor

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    4:51 PM
    Crusader
    The first 30 levels will pass pretty quickly; the lousy wooden wand still packs a decent punch because of your high Int. The green paint brush (lvl 30; available in Showa town) is likely to be your first upgrade and could last you for a while you acquire something better.

Btw... there’s a heart wand and a heart staff (this one requires LUK and is actually a wand despite the name) so don’t get the two mixed up.

6. OP
    OP
    tzachar

tzachar Red Snail

May 2, 2018
    Male
    Thonim
    Ranger
    Guildless
  7. Jem

Jem Capt. Latanica

Jun 4, 2017
    Male
    Enter Galactic You and Me
    4:51 AM
    Kungfujemmy
    Ranger
    Prime
    And just to add, some common umbrellas (1 hand sword have no stat requirement) Have magic attack as well; blue umbrella, purple umbrella, yellow umbrella and they have 1hand sword for matt scrolls if you want to get fancy xD, it's just another an option. I did this when I started, as maple weapons were not as available.

8. OP
    OP
    tzachar

tzachar Red Snail

May 2, 2018
    Male
    Thonim
    Ranger
    Guildless
    Ty m8!

9. Bella

Bella Mixed Golem

Nov 7, 2015
    Female
    6:51 PM
    attach
    F/P Arch Mage
    ethereaI
    I usually go: Wooden Wand -> Green Paintbrush or Maple Staff -> Lama Staff or Nocturnal Staff -> Maple Shine Wand or level 70 Ele Wand -> Level 130 Ele Wand.