1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Other Ways to Reduce Lag?

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by Aurum, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Aurum

Aurum King Slime

Nov 3, 2019
    Male
    2:34 AM
    Aduro
    F/P Wizard
    Hi guys,

I'm not a super computer whiz when it comes to coding or computer hardware. But I was wondering if you guys could suggest ways to reduce in game lag?

Sometimes throughout the day when I play I experience types of lag such as:
    - Delay in moving through portals from map to map (I will press the Up key on the portal but the map will not change until a few seconds later)
    - Random spontaneous D/Cs when training or PQing or in a map with lots of mobs.
    - I will constantly hit mobs over and over again, dealing damage, but the damage does not deduct from the monster's total health until multiple seconds later.
    - I will die, press the Ok button to be revived, but I will not revive and remain in the map which I have died. I need to relog and try again to resolve this issue.

I do notice this does happen especially when family members are streaming content online (Netflix, youtube, etc.) so I'd imagine its mainly because they're using up the bandwidth (idk if this is the right term)?

After doing some research I saw someone mention on the forum to subscribe to WTFast. But idk if it's worth it (i.e. if it actually works or is just a scam?) just to have better/reliable connection for ML? When I search games they support on their website, ML is not even on there.

I already tried reducing Picture Quality when I go too Menu > System Options and that doesn't always work.

So I was wondering if there is some kind of hardware and/or software I could use to have more reliable connection when family members are using up the "bandwidth"?
    Please explain in a simple manner because, again, I'm not super familiar with this techy stuff. Thank you so much!

2. Kmac

Kmac King Slime

Jan 15, 2021
    Male
    2:34 AM
    DPSmoira
    Beginner
    If you’re playing on WiFi try using a direct connection via Ethernet cable

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    3:34 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    You can alway try a VPN, and explore which locations lead to less lag. I personally play from Korea, and while its good 75% of times, there are some days where the lag is pretty bad. So I VPN to either Singapore or Japan, which somehow seems to have a better connection to ML servers.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1