1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Medium We need to talk about Neo Tokyo

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by Edann, Feb 16, 2022.

1. Edann

Edann Slimy Retired Staff

Oct 24, 2020
    11:03 PM
    Edann
    I/L Arch Mage
    Pasta
    Description of the bug: Since release Nibergen has had very frequent iframes that'd occur during specific animations. As of the recent summon skill addition to Vergamot, that animation suffers from it as well.

It seems like these animations all have shifting, wrong, or entirely missing hitbox data, making attackers unable to hit the boss at all, despite it staying in place (unlike for example Targa, where the hitbox would follow him during his charge attack).

Here are some demonstrations.

Similarly to this situation with Nibergen, it looks like the newly implemented skill Vergamot uses to summon Overloads makes his hitbox disappear entirely.

What is supposed to happen?: The boss is right there. There is 0 reasons attacks shouldn't hit it.
    Where did you find and/or notice this bug?: Nibergen and Vergamot
    A step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug: Attack during these specific animations

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Great Work Great Work x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Paxill

Paxill Mushmom

Apr 16, 2020
    Male
    4:03 PM
    JoeWick
    Bishop, Bowmaster, Corsair
    An additional buggy animation in NT is Dunas' teleporting purple blast attack that blinds. When cast, the attack moves Dunas forward by a set amount. However, sometimes the hurtbox for Dunas will move in the opposite direction of the animation which can result in a similar situation as the above two examples. I can provide video evidence for this interaction if necessary.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. faithie

faithie King Slime

Jan 27, 2022
    4:03 AM
    faithx3
    F/P Arch Mage
    To add on after several runs of Nibergen from an AM perspective, where I have roughly figured where the hitbox shifts to during its weapon cancel animation:
    1) In bodies 1 and 3, during Nib's WCA animation, the hitbox shifts slightly higher. As such, one is unable to attack from below, i.e. standing in the clouds. There have been successful instances, yes. But just like how BMs can currently only hurricane successfully below sometimes (~10%) [a bowmaster would have to constantly shift around to figure out the spot, and whenever Nib moves, the spot changes; this might be a linked problem but I dont have enough experience to comment on], the success rate of hitting during Nib's WCA animation for an AM standing in the clouds is also ~10% of the time. I have yet to figure out what exactly causes the hits to be successful.
    1.1) That being said, I have found success in these bodies standing on the left of Nibergen, where precisely because the hitbox shifts up, it doesn't affect a lateral Paralyse landing.
    2) In body 2, during Nib's WCA animation, the hitbox shifts down gradually. As such, contrary to body 2, one (as an AM) can only attack from below, i.e. standing in the clouds, to successfully connect the hits. There have also been instances where a melee standing on the left of Nibergen would complain that the hits aren't connecting, for this reason. And, there is one specific period of time during the WCA animation where it shifts all the way down, such that an AM would only be able to connect a hit if they were to stand all the way at the bottom right corner; any further to the left and the hit would be unable to connect. Attached shows such an instance where the hitbox is majorly displaced to the bottom.

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      177.1 KB
      Views:
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
  4. Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    4:03 PM
    Feeed
    Corsair
    Whenever anyone says Nib is a boring fight point them to this post and educate them on the built-in damage optimization mechanics it presents

DPM flex thread when?

5. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    5:03 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    it should be nice if have any place that grind became a good place to farm exp since maps is nice xD

6. faithie

faithie King Slime

Jan 27, 2022
    faithx3
    F/P Arch Mage
    not sure when this was updated as i havent done nibergen in awhile, but glad there were some improvements made!

1) boss and pathing are shifted up so that characters arent blocked by clouds anymore if standing below
    2) have noticed that there is generally a bigger range for the hitbox. that is, there is more leeway as to how far/close i have to be to nibergen to hit it now (from below). (in the past, you have to be more positioned to the right than now)
    3) referring to my earlier post:
    in body 1, the hitbox doesnt shift higher anymore. as such, my mages can now hit 100% of the time in body 1!
    3.1) however, bodies 2 and 3 have not been updated. that is, in body 2, nibergen's hitbox during wca animation still shifts down; and in body 3, nibergen's hitbox during wca animation is nowhere to be found (i.e. it's worse in body 3 now). my summons can still hit in body 3, and the damage lines appear on the usual spot, but neither CL nor paralyse can hit at all.

attached shows (1): the boss' position and character path shifted up and (3): being able to hit in body 1 as the hitbox doesnt shift higher anymore

edit: also forgot to add (this has been a longstanding but rather negligible bug) that on my IL's client, i sometimes cannot see the paralyse lines nor the connection of skill to the boss. that is, while i can see my FP casting paralyse, i can't see the paralyse animation on the boss' head, and neither can i see the damage done by paralyse. however, it's totally fine on my FP's client where I can see the damage line as well as the skill connection to the boss.
    rather small issue, just sometimes confused whether i need to move due to afk detection

Attached Files:

• 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      856.4 KB
      Views:
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. faithie

faithie King Slime

Jan 27, 2022
    faithx3
    F/P Arch Mage
    illustration of above stated:
    upload_2022-6-22_19-58-0.png

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. mard

mard Mixed Golem Retired Staff

Jul 20, 2021
    Male
    3:03 PM
    To add onto this, I feel like I have seen this elsewhere too where a f/p mage is using paralyze but I can't see their damage lines either.

9. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    10:03 PM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Want to mention that the only thing changed was that the camera was lowered in the map this does not affect any hitboxes.
    Various maps are being worked on in regard to HD2 or similar map changes, non of them affect gameplay.

I just triple checked Nib and ran it again myself but I can say for sure that nothing has changed in regard to any hitbox on any of the Nib bodies.
    I believe some of your findings are purely because your perception of how it used to be has been incorrect and with the camera changes it looks differently.

You were always able to fully hit during B1 weapon cancels. times that you couldn't and still can't hit when standing in the clouds is when it does the 1/1 Laser attack. It only casts this if there's people in it's range on the left side.

Perhaps this better shows how the boss position hasn't changed either

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  10. OP
    OP
    Edann

Edann Slimy Retired Staff

Oct 24, 2020
    11:03 PM
    Edann
    I/L Arch Mage