1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Weapon Cancel Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shot, Jul 11, 2018.

1. ThePotatoSalad

ThePotatoSalad Windraider

Mar 19, 2017
    Male
    Sweden
    10:19 PM
    LucyFlower/ZhanShen666
    Bishop
    ChineseSoul
    The whole idea about Cancel boss buffs with warriors armor/magic armor/ power skill is great. But just like other said, an instant skill cancel is overpowered and boss will being take down easier. What I know is Neckson did some skill changes after big bang patch and all the warrior crash skills are included. I don’t know about how they changed with magic armor crash and power crash skill, but what I know about armor crash is after the skill patch you can silence boss shortly (20s? Depend on skill level) and during at that time boss won’t be able to cast any skill. Also they added a CD on armor crash which to make hero can only cast that skill. From my experience for using the armor crash skill during boss fight is you need to be sure you cast it before boss using the annoy physical immunity buff, all is about timing right. If you cast it too early, you won’t be able to silence boss again next time. If you cast it too late, boss will cast it before you do. It means you need to know the cd when boss is going to cast skill. Idk if it’s possible to implement a skill change patch after Big Bang, but this idea is much better than the instant skill remove idea because you need to manage what time you are going to silence boss.

2. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    1:19 PM
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    i see i see, regardless. both mages did fast dmg. we had only 1 cleaver +2 mages in pt2. our run was still under 2 hrs. i was expecting it to be longer.

3. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    2:19 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Yes, I know the idea of weapon cancel and then having to sit there doing nothing is a stupid idea, although boss fights in general are long tedious stupid ordeals. That's the classic nostalgic maplestory everyone signed up for, apparently.

Here's an idea. What if it was a little like CPQ, where when a boss puts up weapon or magic cancel, a crystal thing appears somewhere at the top where you have to climb up and break it with normal attacks to dispel the weapon cancel buff?

It's still random. It's still a pain in the ass. But hey, now you "have the power and skill" to do something about it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. V220

V220 Chronos

Jul 26, 2015
    Male
    3:19 PM
    SoLucky
    Bishop
    Bump.

I understand this is a mechanic that will not go away and I am fine with that, but it is excrutiating to get x8+ weapon cancels in a row.

Can we maybe add something like diminishing returns for the duration of weapon/magic cancel when casted on a row? Something like if weapon cancel is casted x5 times in a row, the first cast has a duration of 20s, the next one 18s, then 16s and so on? And then when magic cancel is casted, the duration of the weapon cancel just resets? It is plain boring and frustrating to Alt+tab every 20s and wait another 20s to be able to play again and this many times in a row exactly the same. The first cast could even have a higher duration than the current version to somewhat maintain the total cancel duration in a fight balanced with the current one, but this would at least be dynamic and not blatantly punishing if you are unlucky.

• Creative Creative x 1
  5. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    While Neckson made a host of horrible decisions, I still think one of their good ones was a change in warrior 3rd job skills - changing Magic Crash, Power Crash, and Armor Crash to have them cancel a Weapon Cancel / Magic Cancel. Open debate as to which should do what - but I'm all for Magic Crash to become a Weapon Cancel Crash because Magic Crash is stupidly worthless. The only thing worse than it would be Final Attack.

6. Endorphinss

Endorphinss Mixed Golem

Jul 28, 2021
    Male
    11:19 PM
    Endorphins
    cancelling wc and mc with simple warrior buffs can make this debuff basically non exsistent, which will probably will never be implemented.
    i would suggest keeping the wc/mc debuffs but making it more interactive to the players:

1. in static bosses like zakum, maybe its possible to enable the debuff only on half of the boss hitbox. meaning is, when wc is activated
    all the players need to move to the other side of the map to be able to hit zakum. that way the boss because abit more interesting because youre not just holding a button for 20minutes.
    2. in bosses like scar/targa where the first option might not be relevant, maybe spawn a mob with high hp when one of the cancels is casted. killing the mob will cancel the debuff (and maybe even have a chance to drop a pcoin? :)). in this way you dont just stand like a fucking idiot until the debuff ends.. you can ignore the mob and just wait like before but you also have a chance to shorten the duration of the debuff

• Creative Creative x 3
  7. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    This is actually a pretty interesting idea, although it's technically a buff to NLs due to their mobility.

8. Endorphinss

Endorphinss Mixed Golem

Jul 28, 2021
    Male
    Endorphins
    every move you will make for qol will buff NL in some way. dosent mean it has to damage the rest
    warriors for example has rush which enables them to move side to side pretty quick, mages has tp..

9. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Archers in shambles

10. Endorphinss

Endorphinss Mixed Golem

Jul 28, 2021
    Male
    Endorphins
    archers has one of the most crucial buff in the game, very high dpm, and some nice dose of avoid. they will be fine

11. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    5:19 AM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    It's okay. there's a sad class which becomes super useless w/o you guys mighty buff named Sharp Eyes. Their life in ML is so sad because of it.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    I like this idea a lot. It horntail-izes the fight for static bosses making situational adjustments more frequent. One of the biggest downsides to single target boss fights with time drains like wc/dr is that there's literally nothing else to do but wait.

The reason why Horntail feels so much better than most other fights is that there is a constantly shifting action tree - unique for each class - for things you can do when your intended target weapon cancels. Variability makes for a more dynamic experience, and it also draws out the best of your class skillsets/abilities (even NL, believe it or not).

That's one of the reasons why so many of these single target boss fights feel so unsatisfying, at least to me. They end up being meme-y meatball content, where everyone is forced to clump up together as one gigantic, unintelligible meatball. It dumbs down your skill expression significantly, and it's easier to hide your weaknesses amidst the meat wad of laziness.

Last edited: May 27, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Agreed on all points. During preheads I think it’s a waste of time but during main body WC/mc does actually make the fight more interesting

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Endorphinss

Endorphinss Mixed Golem

Jul 28, 2021
    Male
    Endorphins
    I opened a thread about this on suggestions, maybe this discussion will be more relevant there.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  15. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    4:19 PM
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
    delete preheads