1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

What content can still be added to MapleLegends?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrJason, Mar 9, 2021.

1. OP
    OP
    DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    1:34 PM
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
  2. Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    Trion
    Beginner
    Good point but I would love questing all the way up to 200. Doesn't need to be fancy just have repeatable quests or something that gives XP so you dont get bored to death because at least you feel like you are working towards a goal

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Crayo

Crayo Chronos

Oct 26, 2018
    Male
    They've basically added all pre-BB content at this point with NT2 so I would assume they would focus more on events going forward.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sayoran

Sayoran Slime

Apr 8, 2020
    Male
    8:34 PM
    xInuyashax
    Beginner
    I think Chaos Horntail and Chaos Zakum are really bad ideas.
    Not sure about LHC, need to think about the conclusions. Rather to keep it out of the game for now.

I would love to add the mushroom kingdom but reduce the exp amount from quests there and add it for traveling and nice areas to grind.

I like the dojo as well.

I would like to add some oldschool maps to be able to travel and grind at.

not familiar with most of the pqs so not sure about them. prefer to keep it simple

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    10:34 AM
    Kiyomasa, kage, miko, zoku, etc
    Dragon Knight, Cleric, Bowman, Bandit
    Perion
    I think Knight of Cygnus would be a fun addition, as it'd be an easy way to introduce Empress(though I don't remember if that's pre or post BB, at least in GMS terms).

But I think that's mostly because I like the idea of having an Ultimate Explorer

• Disagree Disagree x 13
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Sayoran

Sayoran Slime

Apr 8, 2020
    Male
    xInuyashax
    Beginner
    Horrible Idea. No cygnus, No ultimate explorers, No new flashy skills. Just the oldschool and good explorers as they are.
    Not on this sever please.

Btw do you think the global maplestory ruined at once? No.. it happened slowly with step and another step which just changed the Good Maplestory it used to be.

Only people who played the old maplestory and seen how it slowly ruined more and more can understand it and how those changes are damageful.

Keep it oldschool.

• Agree Agree x 6
  7. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    Perion
    It's just my opinion lol, but thanks for actually replying. When I say this is what I would like, I'm not demanding anything, and I feel like I make that pretty clear. Let a girl dream~

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Sayoran

Sayoran Slime

Apr 8, 2020
    Male
    xInuyashax
    Beginner
    Yes I know of course!
    I just have kind of "trauma" with the original maplestory and afraid it'll happen again ^^"
    I'm not sure that I'll stay if it ever happens.
    And welcome! sorry if I sounded too aggressive!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  9. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    Perion
    It's absolutely not a problem <3 Personally I'd be happy with just Cygnus and UE, I understand adding one always leaves a slippery slope--if one feature gets added why not the next? It's hard, or at least annoying, to set a pure cut off after adding content, because people inevitably want whatever their favorite content was.

For instance, I love Wild Hunters, but theorizing and contemplating adding them in would also add in at least one class I absolutely think is a major problem with content around that time, namely Mechanics. And I think Dual Blades came out before Resistance, so you'd get people arguing over adding them in, and possibly Evan, and a bunch of other stuff...it's just not worth the hassle of arguing over which content around that time is worth adding to the game, so the best argument becomes "Just don't add any of it." And Legends is 100% enjoyable without all that stuff, anyways.

And like others have said, there are private servers that have these classes available, and even current Maple has them available(well, not UE or Cygnus I'm told, but ah well).

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Sayoran

Sayoran Slime

Apr 8, 2020
    Male
    xInuyashax
    Beginner
    Thats exactly right! and I also think that as the time pass and more new people who don't know the old maplestory joins maplelegends,
    these people who not came from the old generation of maple as me, may be really happy when hearing about new changes as cygnus and other, same as I was happy when expected it to come in the old maplestory many years ago.
    but after it come and time pass you realize how good was the old maple and how bad those changes are to the system.

I believe that we should stick to the oldschool system becuase as you said, it never ends and people always want new things to come.

some additions are very welcome by me! such as new oldschool maps, oldschool monsters, with balancing and tweaks.
    such as horntail and pink bean and more things that was already added to the server.

I have to say that I really like Kimmy's way of managing this server, we have very similiar thoughts about additions and things that should not be added.
    I think maplelegends is definitely the best server in almost every term exactly because of these reasons ^^

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    But what WOULD be awesome is adding future content that worked and leave out future content that hurt. I'm sure it's possible, but it may not be feasible, to add Edelstein. We don't need the Resistance characters to add Edelstein. It adds another area of the Maple World we could enjoy without damaging the game. My hope is MapleLegends adds the Dojo and introduce Belts (but don't add Witch Belts unless they expire) and bringing in the Maker Skill, but without the Powders and Monster Crystals.

Also cool would be the option to see your entire inventory.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    Perion
    Belts were a really fun thing to grind for. Boss rush mode was always fun, I always died at the uh...food stand laser beam boss. OnionDead

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. SmellyCat

SmellyCat Orange Mushroom

Jun 9, 2021
    Bowmaster
    I would like for alien invasion event to be added in some capacity;just don’t add the vip weapons or tweak their stats so they won’t be as broken as they were initially in GMS. I thought it was a fun event that had a little of everything for everyone, jump questing, farming and a party questing. I mostly would like it to get access for the alien armor, I’ve always been a sucker for events that give unique equips even if they are not the best stat wise.

• Like Like x 4
  14. OP
    OP
    DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    Yea I actually think the alien invasion was the best event GMS ever did, although it could be tweaked a bit since the aliens in every map were a nuisance.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. raysinz5

raysinz5 Mr. Anchor

Jul 1, 2015
    Male
    I/L Mage
    I actually wouldn't mind Empress to be added/future Henesy as long as they don't add Cygnus Knights. I actually remember looking forward to fighting Empress on GMS even though I never got to. The equipment drops would need to be tweaked though for this version if it were to be added. Best part is that we have access to Cygnus Garden BGM without having to use @music.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Zorele

Zorele Slimy

Jan 12, 2018
    Male
    Zorele
    Cleric
    These are all cool options! I believe the main trouble with adding any new areas boil down to 3 points in my experience.

1. Making the content relevant (rewards from the participation to be worthwile be it exp/items)
    2. Making the content balanced
    3. Making sure the content doesn't conflict with the natural progression the game has established

That being said i believe any of the content mentioned could find a place as long as those 3 main points are respected. My personal favorite that could be potentially added is empress. I think a lot of the core mechanics the fight features are already existent (maybe with the exception of pot lock). The raid requires fine coordination between between all the members. The fight features seduce (multiple targets) which require active bishops, a decent amount of debuffs that are holy shield prevented (active bishops) very frequent strong mobs spawned plus all the cygnus knights are spawned at the same time for a fraction of the fight which basically consists of 5 bosses with a very large hp pool(finally!!! Cleaver content), a big portion of the fight where single target dps is king (no surprise here), room for HB to be needed (high hitting boss overall). I believe this raid has a portion where esentially every class is needed which i believe is a very cool approach to validating all the classes and their strengths (for mages as a custom probably making some of the mobs invulnerable to phyisical damage and i believe empress takes half physical damage like pb too which also validates them)

17. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    7:34 PM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    Any map content added, to be relevant would need to either have:

a) Boss that can be killed daily (solo or party) <- this MUST NOT be a map boss that people can farm
    b) Decent drop tables (looking at you scrolls, use and equips) if >lvl 100 if there are multiple normal mob maps

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. AMoonlitRose

AMoonlitRose Orange Mushroom

Jun 15, 2020
    Male
    12:34 PM
    RoseLight
    Crusader
    I am a big fan of the optional and carefully balanced approach to adding new content.

I think Kimmy and the staff do an excellent job striking a fine line between nostalgic and stagnant. I am of the opinion the game will almost always need new content to keep things fresh and exciting (not really any specific content, could be fresh events, could be new maps, etc.), so I am not really against adding new areas especially.

I could see Eldenstein becoming a mid-level zone with some new quests to pad out some of the slower 70-120 levels. I agree that you don't necessarily need the resistance classes to add the maps, and you certainly don't need BigBang to add these maps LOL. I would probably say just to make it a new stop from Orbis. Take the airship and boom you are there, it already was how you got there in GMS.

While I am a casual and am not particulalrly interested in bossing or late-game content, I do love the idea of adding LHC and Empress and Future Heneseys/Perion for the higher level players. Obviously it will need significant balancing, but more content is always good in my mind so long as the power creep doesn't set in too much. You could even possibly make the Empress gear like lvl 180 or something. I know that timeless/reverse were rebalanced so I feel this would be in-line with that mindset.

I know adding new classes is a bit of a bigger question though and strikes a lot of fear in people's hearts, hahaha! I don't feel particulalry strongly about this point so long as it is balanced extremely carefully and there aren't horrible overlaps with the jobs. For this reason I am actually anti-KoC because they were always just tweaked explorers.

I do think it could be cool to add Ereve and then maybe a custom questline for explorers to learn the UA skills if they wanted. Most of those skills weren't particulalry strong, but they are fun and give another thing for people to quest and explore and do. Balance is king here though.

As for dual-blade and Aran, while they do play differently enough from Shad/DK I feel like the spirit of the classes are already in the game. Nimble thief with daggers can hit enemies multiple times, and pole arm wielding warrior does fight! I know Aran was more of a "combo" heavy class, but we kinda have Buccs for that as they are a high button class compared to say a hero or something. So I am personally anti-DB and anti-Aran.

Evan might also fall into this category since we already have mages, but to be fair I never played mages in MS and never played Evan so I can't speak on if they would be irrelevant or have too much overlap.

Now onto a spicey take, I do think the resistance classes are unique enough to warrent being in the game. HOWEVER, they would need SEVERE rebalancing. I would personally also like to see them as "extended explorers" so to speak and not as a separate option on character creation. I would just have the first job instructors be able to assign you to the resistance classes at lvl 10 isntead of going to eldenstein. You could make the resistance instructors the job advancement instructors for later advancements if you wanted though. If this was possible, then that would maintain the old-school and nostalgic maple island experience and also still allow for Eldenstein to be higher level content.

As for the classes themselves here are my thoughts:
    I think the idea of the battle mage is a great one. Melee mage, no overlap. Has a cool class asthetic, and would probably just need damage tweaks and skill changes to make them in line balance wise with the OG explorers.
    Wild hunter is also neat. I like the idea of the mobile archer as opossed to the more "rooted" identity of the BM/MM. I definitely think they would need numbers and or skills tweaked. I would probably say they don't need or need a nerfed version of hurricane to not impose on that class identity for BM. Overall I think focusing on their mobility and their cat is a good way to balance them and maintain a unique playstyle and identity.

Now we hit the problem class, mechanic. Why they decided to give a 3rd job class hurricane I will never know. I remember the early post-BB days dominated by these guys. Even though they are probably the most feared possibility with the resistance classes being added, I do think they could work, but they would honestly need a COMPLETE OVERHAUL. Like, completely gut most of their skills and possible remove a good few and change them significantly. I don't know exactly what this would look like, but I do think going the tanky (pun-indended) and maybe even supportive route would be my suggestion. Lean into their ability to place deployable. I like their ability to put down in-map teleporters which promote party-play for less mobile classes. I don't know exactly what they would need, but they would need a lot to get them in-line with the current classes.

I can't really see most classes that came after the resistance working simply because stuff got really out of hand really fast on GMS. It would also be a discussion for a later time after all these other hypothetical changes had been made.

Tldr;
    Ultimately, I think maps/bosses are pretty safe, classes need to be unique and not overlap or over shadow current ones, and that careful balance and consideration needs taken to adding anything.

I personally trust the ML staff to continue to do good stuff, these were just my 2-cents.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    2:34 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    Dojo would be nice (people told is Impossible to add since v.62 client have limitation, but so many things are here that make me think about)

Neo city is very nice to farm..

Anything similar to lhc, dont need have the exp system, but just a place that grind in party is ok

• Like Like x 1