1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

What content can still be added to MapleLegends?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrJason, Mar 9, 2021.

1. bienfu

bienfu Pac Pinky

Aug 14, 2022
    Male
    2:55 AM
    secondpink
    Beginner
    We don't even have scgs in the game :(

2. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    6:55 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    yes, i mean scg solve this "issue"

but man, i think hammer can raise up item prices, like css and equip with slot that can be restaured, but more since nx is free and hammer dont have chance to boom

3. Redwop

Redwop Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Jan 27, 2016
    7:55 PM
    In the OP, it claims that the Dual Race PQ doesn't give any rewards when it actually does.

[​IMG]

The PQ gives a cape as a reward if you complete it 30 and 50 times respectively (see here) — the same prizes mentioned here.

. . .

To join the PQ, you talk to Norrington, who is said to be placed in Aqua Road:

[​IMG]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRt38UHlJ5s

The video above also shows that KMS may have revamped it at some point to allow characters above Level 80 to join.

4. Redwop

Jan 27, 2016
    JMS hosted their own "World Tour Boss Raid" as an event in 2009. The format is similar to the Agent M Boss PQ that was in GMS — and looks much harder.

Edit:

Rewards may include consumable items, item exchange tickets, and cosmetics; see 2011.

• Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  5. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    Are the level 110 armor equips on the server?

6. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    6:55 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    only weapons

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    11:55 AM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    $maple Tonair

8. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    von leon, lionheart castle, future victoria, empress.

Perhaps chaos zak and chaos HT could also be added, but chaos zak helmet wouldn't be meta (since outclassed by auf helm).

Chaos HTP would be hard to balance since it would outclass timeless pendant.

9. OP
    OP
    DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    5:55 AM
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
  10. OP
    OP
    DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
  11. Redwop

Jan 27, 2016
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  12. Redwop

Jan 27, 2016
    Since we just had Lunar New Year (some countries still call it "Chinese New Year"), I thought it would be fitting to give a mention to Dong Dong Chiang. TMS and MSEA players have probably come across this event at some point.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The "Hong Bao" is the Red Envelope: [​IMG]. It's available both as a USE and ETC item in the game.

Later versions introduced another purple variant of the mob and other prizes including a ring.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(By then, it seems the damage was bumped up from "100" to "8888".) It might also just be me but I think the map fits well with Shaolin Temple.

There was also an exchange that you can join by talking to Cai Shen:

This is an article you can read to know more about the origins of the event.

Sources:

. . .

The other server has already brought this event back for users. I guess it's only a matter of time before Legends gets to introduce theirs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  13. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    Theres this one quest in that quest line that was extremely annoying, but the experience gains and reward were pretty neat.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Redwop

Jan 27, 2016
    Peach Blossom Island

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The map is traditionally acknowledged as an area of Victoria Island. I still think it could be transformed such that islanders could access this area, such that they can get married and make use of the functionality that comes with it.

• Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. Redwop

Jan 27, 2016
    Hidden Street claims that Poison Mushroom, which you can find on the outskirts of Mushroom Castle, was able to drop Lidium Ore.

[​IMG]

In my opinion, it reads like a typo — akin to that of a scripting error — because according to the drop table, no other mobs in Mushroom Castle were said to drop that same item.

Although, it did make me think about Mushroom Castle in general, specifically as to how "overpowered" it became as a game area, and why it would lead to "detriment", at least in terms of ruining the overall balance within the game.

A side note, although probably not relevant: Mushroom Castle traditionally became an area limited only to characters between levels 30 to 38, however, it does appear differently in some servers in the game. For example, I read somewhere — I don't have the reference on hand — that you could start playing even as early as level 25. It is also true that MapleStory also revamped the area for characters above level 60, albeit introducing similar limitations as to the original design for the area, namely to make the character sit within level x and x to qualify for re-entry. This is a bit of wordful, sorry for expressing this in a clumsy way.

According to the world map, Mushroom Castle was conveniently accessed by entering a portal that can be found in "An Empty House", which is in Henesys. For reference:

[​IMG]

It makes sense to give entry to Mushroom Castle by leaving a portal somewhere on Victoria Island; and Henesys at least seems to be good for doing just that. Going back to my embarrassing thought about connecting the Lidium Ore entry and Mushroom Castle, it does make me entertain the unusual possibility about Nihal Desert and Mushroom Castle being somehow linked, even though there is absolutely no evidence to suggest that it should.

I was thinking about how Karcasa in Ariant somehow gives you a "magic carpet ride" to Victoria Island, that is, they give you a free teleport to a random town on Victoria Island. Mushroom Castle stands out to me as being a "fantasy reconstruction". It only makes me wonder as to what it would be like if Karcasa became the point of entry into Mushroom Castle? It obviously would mean having to make changes to the World Map that was supplied, but I digress.

I read an unpopular opinion that was posted here about potentially making Mushroom Castle a higher-level area. I personally don't have much that I want to say about that. But I do think it entertains an interesting possibility, and I think it is worth noting in light of the various changes that were made to the area in the official game.

Anyway, I am not actually advocating for Mushroom Castle to be introduced into MapleLegends. I just wanted to share some of my thoughts about it, and I thought it would be perfect to say it here because it has been on my mind for a few good months.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Jean

Jean Wolfspider

May 6, 2016
    Male
    JeanLeaf
    Beginner
    NewLeaf
    i want mushroom castle be a thing in maplelegends so bad!!!!!!

17. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    I would like to see Mushroom Castle remade into a level 100-120 area. It would fill a gap that most people leech through and be a nice send-off: one last Victoria Island area before 4th job.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    I'm not against introducing new areas, but why Mushroom Kingdom was introduced the way it was must be considered. Neckson wanted to make money - that's it. This was a new area that moved players through the lower levels faster than any other area in order to make them feel invested and entice them to spend money. With most of my experience playing levels 1-120, I'd definitely agree that the 101-120 range was severely neglected by Neckson. If Mushroom Kingdom and even Edelstein were introduced to be primarily for players ranged 101-135, that would be an extremely wonderful addition - especially with those levels severely lacking quests. I agree with RedwopRedwop that the placement need not necessarily be at Henesys. Given the geography of Victoria Island, I'd find it difficult to believe this entire kingdom was just lurking behind an Empty House. It would make more sense to expand the Ellin Forest instead because the time travel to the past would make the Mushroom Kingdom far more believable as well as give backstory to how Henesys was founded using the corpses of their fallen enemies into makeshift shelters... um... oops, that got dark. Anyway, yeah, as long as it is implemented correctly to expand gaming options for players at the levels that have the least options is definitely a welcome addition.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. HotCow

HotCow Pink Teddy

Mar 18, 2017
    Male
    HotCow
    Hunter
    Funk/NewLeaf
    I completely agree, these levels are the most neglected parts of the whole game, theres no PQ to do, no bossing yet (aside from rav and pap at 115?) no quests.. Would love to see something like mushroom kingdom get added for these levels.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    I'd rather see staff continue buffing third job mobs (like they did with Thanatos, Gatekeeper, Brextons for example) than adding a new areas like Mushroom Kingdom.

Adding new zones to 'fix 100-120' seems a little clunky when most mobs in said level range continue to suck.

• Like Like x 2