1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

What happens between lvl 40 and 100+ in this server?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sem, Sep 30, 2022.

1. Sem

Sem Red Snail

Sep 22, 2022
    10:49 PM
    Heya, I need a bit of a reality check.

I found MapleLegends and immediately was drawn to it more than other servers for it's mostly original experience. When I started playing it really did feel like the old days. However, I reached level 40 on my first character and suspiciously all the leveling/questing guides here on the forum stop around that point. Having leveled to 40 using this amazing guide I found myself feeling a bit lost at this point.

Having noticed messages about leeching in global chat I decided to see what that's all about (I had no clue). Well, having found out it starts to make sense. I noticed that most players in my guild (Sleepywood) are level 1xx, with very little people being between 40 and 1xx. Which makes me wonder, is everyone just buying leech to level their characters?

Why I call this a reality check: I like the aspect of adventure in this game, but I feel like in this server (but still most probably less so than in others) that sense of adventure stops at 40 and people just use boring things like leeching to level. At this point I don't feel interested in the game anymore, which makes me kind of sad after having such a nostalgia-driven blast.

Add to that the very strong focus on efficiency in playing the game (forum posts about creating multiple characters/mules all for a specific purpose of efficiency and basically to be able to go through the game alone with multiclient), I start to lose the adventurous and nostalgic feeling. I feel like there's no place for a player who's here for a nostalgic adventure, leveling one character at a time (re)discovering all the different classes while you explore the world, all while not worrying about perfect efficiency and flawless min-maxing.

I'm sorry if this sounds ignorant, maybe I got it all wrong and I'm not seeing other things.

What are everyone's thoughts on this?

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    1:49 PM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    2x exp gain on a pretty flat exp curve tends to significantly expedite the first 100 levels of progress. You’re seeing people stuck in the 110s+ when things start getting painfully tedious.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. bienfu

bienfu Pac Pinky

Aug 14, 2022
    Male
    secondpink
    Beginner
    PQing at LPQ, EPQ, OPQ,.PPQ, MPQ is a norm and shouldn't be too hard.

You'll get to 3rd job, and depending on your class, leveling gets brutal in terms of how long it takes and how boring it is that you'll have to resort to leech.

So the plateau happens around lvl 100, 110, and that's the actual really miserable part, up until you start bossing which is lvl 135.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    5:49 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    when you go in a place at first it is very fast, example: at 5x when you go to ghost ship is fast, when you increase your kill per minute you got more exp (this is obvious but need to speak to keep showing), so you will begin killing in 4 hits, and in some lv you pass to kill in 2 for a example, but after some point you will keep lacked to 2 hits and the exp you need to level up increase (in ghost ship example late 6x), and it get slow, boring..
    Some lv you will need to pass for it, most peoples dislike it..

5. CaptainNemo

CaptainNemo Selkie Jr.

Oct 3, 2017
    Male
    CaptainNemo
    Islander
    Ossyrians
    If you're only just hitting 40, and feel like you don't see anyone, you've been ignoring the PQ scene, as bienfubienfu stated above.

Level 35 to 50 you can group up at Eos 101 for Ludi PQ.
    Level 45 to 55 you can group up at Forest of Poison for Ellin Forest PQ.
    Level 51 to 70 you can group up at The Unknown Tower for Orbis PQ.
    Level 55 to 100 you can group up at Over the Pirate Ship for Pirate PQ.
    Level 71 to 85 you can group at either side of Magatia in Zenumist or Alcando for MPQ/R&JPQ.

Sure, there are a fair chunk of people leeching, mainly because they're intlords that can't PQ effectively without a carry, but there's still plenty of those within these level ranges out and about.

[Edit] Speaking further down the line, level 100+ players, we have a massive lack of party play, which is a player issue, not a game mechanic issue.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Skumbag

Skumbag Slime

May 1, 2021
    Male
    4:49 PM
    There are actually a lot of different places you can train from 40+ to 100

You can do all the PQs mentioned above or grind at some of these maps:

Levels 40-50: Snake Area in Mu Lung, Straw Target Dummies (STDs), Wraiths, Master/Platoon Chronos in Ludi, Truckers

50-80: Forest of Golem (FoG is probably my favorite nostalgic map for melee classes), Mysterious Path 3 with a party, Ghost Ship 2 (GS2), Voodoos

70-100: CDs in Taiwan, Himes, Gallos

Even more maps you can explore while questing / getting monster cards for your ring. Just enjoy the aspect of exploring different maps and don't feel pressured to buy leech.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. CaptainNemo

CaptainNemo Selkie Jr.

Oct 3, 2017
    Male
    CaptainNemo
    Islander
    Ossyrians
    A lot of people ignore party play in Deep Ludibrium. Bring back the days of Viking parties, or 3 man (M)DT's or gigs. We got options.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    For me personally I didn't buy leech til 110-120 when it was super hard to level. From 40-100 I was exclusively at LPQ, EPQ, and PPQ with some training at himes and gs2 in between (on my priest)! Same with my shadower but I decided to go straight to 7F at level 70 and meso explode my way to 120 in a month lol

9. bienfu

bienfu Pac Pinky

Aug 14, 2022
    Male
    secondpink
    Beginner
    7F????
    Lvl 70
    ???
    ???????
    ???????????

10. CaptainNemo

CaptainNemo Selkie Jr.

Oct 3, 2017
    Male
    CaptainNemo
    Islander
    Ossyrians
    Chief bandit m8

11. HimeHam

HimeHam Pac Pinky

Mar 22, 2020
    Female
    2:49 PM
    Corsair
    The server is 7 years old. Most of the players, and especially the vocal ones writing guides on the forums, have been around for a good chunk of that. But everybody had to start somewhere. Leech prices are pretty high, and leech before lvl 65 is basically reserved for self-leech or rich players buying it for their 12+ F/P Archmages. Quests lose a lot of speed at ~ lvl 40, and Party Quests start to become the main strategy. I would also highly recommend card hunting, as you will get to see the whole Maple World and get tons of gach tickets, scrolls, and equips. Maybe look for some cool area boss chairs, or when you're strong enough you can farm a raffle like Showa or Crimsonwood.

Many people have said it already, but the best way to enjoy lvl 35-100 is by doing Party Quests. The best part about this game is the social aspect. The closest friends I have on this server I met through PQ's. When they get repetitive try leading the party. Or explain to newer players how the stages work when they get confused. The guild you have found yourself in is very welcoming and active so see what they're up to and maybe it's something you can do together. When you talk to someone cool add them to your buddy list.

There's no real reason to rush into the endgame. Getting job advancements and levels will give a sense of progression, but in my experience chasing a dragon is more fun than reaching it. Leeching is a shortcut, and it robs from the experience you could have doing it the hard way together with your friends. Plus getting skillbooks and equips for 4th job is REALLY expensive so I recommend saving your mesos for the costs behind a 7 year and running server.

Once you have no more Party quests to do (85-100 (PPQ is slow at higher lvls) ) is when I'd recommend thinking about leech. Party Quests can seem barren sometimes, but if you have guildmates or people on your buddylist willing to join recruiting gets a lot easier. I also recommend making another account to recruit with SMEGAs. You can do it on your main account, but the NX might be better used elsewhere. even if you have no plans for it right now you might want it later down the road. I sure as hell experienced that.

Anyways welcome to the server, there's a lot more casual players than it may seem at first so try not to get intimidated by all the min-maxers. These players are years ahead of you and you shouldn't have to worry about degen content for a good while. Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    Chief bandits have a skill called Meso Explosion that scale specifically off of the amount of mesos dropped and not off your stats/range. So at around level 75 with a sufficiently high enough Meso Explosion skill, I headed to 7F with a Bishop/Priest friend where they lured all the mobs in 7F while I dropped 1-2k bags of mesos and then I exploded them. I literally exploded millions of mesos but I leveled super fast and it was still cheaper than leech in the end lol

13. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    GS2 and Party Quests from 50-100 and then leech to 120. That is where most people are for those levels. And they are fairly quick.

14. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    5:49 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    Let me share my personal experience:

I begin my first (and main char) as a unfunded palladin, I quested all the way to 45 (Same quest as the guide, and omega sector quest) as new and unfuded i had some acc mistakes bellow 50, 45-56 i leveled with ellin ring questline and ellinpq.
    til 66 i did gs2 and the golem questline/mini boss area quest 66-73 kid manequin 73-88 vikerola, 88-95 grim then himes..

theres some quest lv 8x that give exp (deputy one give almost a level)

basicaly: having gs, taipei and himes the bored level is 4-5x

15. OP
    OP
    Sem

Sem Red Snail

Sep 22, 2022
    Thank you everyone for the suggestions and insights, and can I just say, you're all very nice which is a breath of fresh air on forums like these <3
    I've found the server population to be decent although somehow the last week it dropped severely, anyone else noticed that (like from 1000+ to 600-700, all in the evenings). Which makes PQ'ing a bit hard to organize sometimes.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    The event has ended and with it the incentive to PQ for some people. It will require more reaching out to other players to get into PQs either through smega, discord or buddy/guild. I like to just card hunt or grind until I see a run pop up. Either way welcome and good luck^^

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Crayo

Crayo Chronos

Oct 26, 2018
    Male
    4:49 PM
    35-90 or so are the pq/quest levels. A lot of people will just grind or leech, but imo, you'll have a lot more fun if you get the PQ experience while you still can. It's also a good way to meet people on the server, just speaking from my own experience.

If you want some sort of guide though:
    35+ LPQ until you get glasses
    45+ EPQ until you get glittering altaire earrings
    after get the earrings, OPQ until you get the bracelet
    after OPQ, PPQ/quest to 70
    71+ MPQ until you get the horus eye and complete all related quests
    After MPQ, go back to PPQ until you finish all the related quests
    For all these PQs you may also be interested in picking up all the boss cards along the way.

You can mix in some questing along the way or between PQs but this path basically takes you to 90. After that the game becomes pretty grind heavy until like 135. Those are the most common leech levels. It's definitely doable to get to bossing levels without ever leeching though, at least I did it.