1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

What is the best warrior classs??!?!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shayyyy, May 16, 2018.

1. Dvah

Dvah Pac Pinky

Mar 21, 2018
    Male
    Africa I guess
    5:32 AM
    Dvah
    Dark Knight
    UpperLeveL
    You don’t hit 100k+

And again there is a drk who land 60k x3 on the zakum which means 180k

+your hh sucks it supposed to be 60seconds of coldown,what does it means v62 for you?

2. ThePotatoSalad

ThePotatoSalad Windraider

Mar 19, 2017
    Male
    Sweden
    4:32 AM
    LucyFlower/ZhanShen666
    Bishop
    ChineseSoul
    60k each line? Who is that ?
    I want to see his gear.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    11:32 AM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    ^ Ya Idk what he's on about there. Heros & pallies have thee exact same defensive skills (achilles + guardian + power guard). We do however get more MP gain from job advance to be able to wash easier than heroes, but that's 100% neglectable. So you're right about that being false.

Please refer to the MapleLegends changes. HH is on a 10 second cool down. Thats 199k damage to every arm every 10 seconds. Without factoring in blast attacks, you by default get a 9.6m dpm (199k*8 arms*6 casts per minute) at Zakum arms. Once you move onto the main body, you will use blast (a single target attack) opposed to DK's cleave attack. In Zak main body Pally's are far superior in that regard.

With just my mediocre gear on apple i do hit 100k and I use a ST. If you have a well scrolled skull and better gear (I refer to Yolock, who was #2 Pally before he deleted his character), you can hit 100k+ without apple. Crushed skull has the highest base weapon attack in the game. They hit fucking hard compared to any other weapon.

As for 180k v 100k... I have two words for you... "attack speed." DKs have slow speed weapons. In a minute Pallys do 20 more attacks than DKs, which mean in a DPM comparison Pally's just output more damage onto single target. That's the nature of the class. Here's the math in case you're interested:

Ski ski weapon speed (with booster) = 930ms
    Getting around 64.5 crushers per minute

Dragon faltz weapon speed (with booster) = 990ms
    Getting around 60.60 crushers per minute

Stonetooth/RK weapon speed (with booster) = 690ms
    Getting arouond 86.95 blasts per minute

Crushed skull weapon speed (with booster) = 750ms
    Getting around 80 blasts per minute

[​IMG]

I'm not gna argue that Pallys are better than heroes. As I mentioned earlier, in terms of pure DPM heroes just scale way better with weapon attack and gear. But that doesn't mean Pally's are down right garbage or worse than DKs for damage. Just because we don't have the elemental advantage doesn't mean we're by default shittier. On the contrary. On Legends Pallys have gotten so many buffs that we're viable. Our blast damage to 600% and flame charge to 175% actually makes us a good damage dealing class.

Specifically with regards to Zak, Heroes and DKs do not white us at Zak arms. I've whited 5 out 8 arms before and I'm not even geared that well or super high level. That's with other warriors and NLs on the run. We have massive psuedo-cleave. We don't scale well to the late late late game, but we have a great mid-game till around 16x. As for HT, yes we're not the best there I can't deny that. But with HH again, you can easily output damage onto all parts. I get 10m+ DPM at HT without apples, just due to Heaven's Hammer.

As for your arguments about damage and what not. I once again direct you to... you guessed it... math.

Edit: This is for single target DPM with perfect gear (stats listed below)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  4. Nise

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Conclusion

Paladin's are a viable class, that is down right fun and enjoyable. Are we the best? No. But are we useless? Hell no. Look at the chart above, we can actually perform better than Heroes if you use a crushed skull. Of course there are many reasons why you would chose not to use one (check my Hybrid Paladin Guide), but we're not some shitty class that no one should even consider. We have tons of skills, and I've had a great 166 levels of playing this class. I've had no issues with being recruited and going on boss runs (Zakum, Scar, HT, etc).

BUT do I recommend it? If you're looking for just fun factor, yes! But it is a trap. Heaven's Hammer is a blessing and curse. 199k damage that doesn't scale with anything. We are damage capped. If you're aiming to get to Lvl 200, Heroes are prbly the way to go. If you want party play, DKs are the way to go.

Do not however, put Pallys aside for the reasons outlined by people before me, since they clearly don't know how the class works to the fullest extent. I've done tons of math for this (for the sake of my own curiosity) and looked at it from a balance perspective as well. The assumptions about SE, 60k lines, HH being a 1 minute cooldown, these people aren't knowledgable about the class and are just shit talking on baseless grounds.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Dvah

Dvah Pac Pinky

Mar 21, 2018
    Male
    Africa I guess
    Dvah
    Dark Knight
    UpperLeveL

The thing is,they needed to buff you to Comptivite with the others but inmind pally is still bad

1hit target? I can use sacrifice as a drk

Let’s buff the hero and the drk too cuz why not

Give to the drk the option to zerk with full hp and 400%damage

And for the hero increase the %dmg of the orbs and change the brandish into 3attacks 3mobs like the drk

Let’s balance both of them

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Nise

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Those skill changes were around long before I even joined Legends, let alone staff.

I don’t understand why you’re so salty? Ya classes are bugged on the server so everything is viable rather than ppl only making NLs. Corsairs, shadowers, heroes, all got minor tweaks to make em playable and less restricting.

7. Tan

Tan King Slime

Dec 21, 2017
    Male
    10:32 AM
    Closer
    Dragon Knight
    Plug
    Pally wins in all area bosses except anego lol

8. ThePotatoSalad

Mar 19, 2017
    Male
    Sweden
    LucyFlower/ZhanShen666
    Bishop
    ChineseSoul
    i still want to know the dk who can do 60k each line tho.
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Dvah

Dvah Pac Pinky

Mar 21, 2018
    Male
    Africa I guess
    Dvah
    Dark Knight
    UpperLeveL
    Tbh with you it was my real life friend in 2008 his ign was battlesand,he quited in 2012 or whenever the red update came out,he left behind him sky skis with 175att and bwg 27att and raccoon mask 38att as I can remember (all his gear were sold expect the one I wrote)

Feel free to see the items

Ign battlesand scania level 168 dark knight

Scania

I’m here to stop ppl like you who’s trying to blender another ppl minds
    And tell the truth that pally is bad

Anyway

Ms2 is out soon see you there bud

Pm me if you wanna see the items I don’t mind to show Incase of wondering if I’m lying

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Library

Library Slimy

Nov 6, 2016
    10:32 PM
    Slave
    NiseNise
    Going to separate this reply into parts, as your post is long.

1. Your charts
    You have two values of "Expected Damage per Min (Without SE)" - I am not sure why there are two charges of two different averages; is the one labeled "Correct Values" the section I should be looking at? If so, why is the second chart attached? Or is it that the second chart is correct?

When you say "Expected Damage per Min," what are you listing? You have a list of possible attack buffs, but it is not clear what is being applied. Furthermore, I have no idea of whether or not have you included Speed Infusion.

From looking at the above, it seems like Paladins eek out a win by 500k damage minute with a perfect skull in the first chart; in the second chart, we see that Paladins win by 600k (on top of all the other perfect gear).

While entirely possible, it seems suspicious to me that somehow, a weapon (Crushed Skull) with a 110:80 damage ratio averages out a higher damage over time/average than heroes that have higher % damage and have 100:100 in their slash:stab damage ratio.

Do you have the formula/ calculator for this? Did you make it yourself? Have you tested how accurate it is during an in-game scenario to make sure your numbers aren't false or miscalculated?

*This section is mostly to settle my curiosity

2. By what definition do you give Paladins value?
    I personally call Paladins a "shitty class" because that's what they are in terms of damage and utility - they are neither the best cleaver in the game, nor are they the best single-target damage. They offer no party skills; what value, then, do they have?

Even if we presume Paladin has the best single-target damage of the warriors (according to your charts), they are far from being #1 in DPS/DPM, meaning they are by that context, shit.

Having fun with a class doesn't make them not shit in the context of how useful they are.

3. Zakum
    A. Arms
    You mentioned being able to white most arms and other people; I am curious about your whiting of Zakum, because I've asked Heroes and DrKs who would probably white more arms in a race, and they proclaim that Heroes probably would.

Blast only hits a single target, whereas Brandish * ACA splashes for about 3900% damage across three targets and Crusher renders about 3060% damage (Crusher * Zerk) and both skills have better reach/hitboxes than Blast to reach arms. If we were to say HH hits arms every 10s, I'm pretty sure like 2-3 Brandish casts = 1 HH so I don't see how you could white arms, realistically, presuming a Hero finishes his current set of arms first.

B. Body
    Having gone through your numbers, I can, grudgingly, sort of concede this point - but only after you kind of tell me how this chart works. I'm sort of in the middle for this point.

End:
    You could be right about me not knowing the limits of Paladins here; after all, these ML Paladins are quite different from the ones I have played with for 13 years - I have played Paladin on every patch I have ever touched, but you can tell by my listed level in ML that I have not reached a high level here because I quit in the infancy of fourth job.

Paladins being viable has always been a choice - choosing to play any class makes them viable. But making them useful? That's different.

You can argue that Paladins level fast in ML; that could be a selling point. But that doesn't really make them 'useful,' particularly when expected leveling speeds can just be bypassed by expected leech speeds. You can argue that they are fun - I particularly agree with that because, for some reason, I have played them for thirteen years (and expect to continue to do so). But fun is subjective, and should not be included in an argument like this (the thread topic is about what is the 'best').

Postscript:
    I'm still hung up on this point, but: in what world does an extra 32 attack and 2 AS (Skull versus RK) account for a missing 250% damage and a 100:100 ratio?

Last edited: May 19, 2018
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Stance88

Stance88 Dark Stone Golem

May 28, 2015
    Male
    Denmark
    Stance
    Hero
    Aeon
    What? Hero and Pally both have the same survivability so Drk cant be in the middle, they are last.

12. Nise

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    I'll address your concerns in parts too and with spoilers just so it's easier to navigate ^^

1. My Charts

Sorry if the chart is confusing, I had just taken a small portion of it. Here's the full image (forgot to include the important part in that screenshot my bad)

[​IMG]

As for the in-depth formulas and how I calculated the slash/stab ratio, I've included it, and you can see it more thoroughly in a forum post I made way back (it's also in my signature). https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/warrior-damage-calculator.19982/#post-150898 the numbers get pretty gritty but I'm fairly confident I've accounted for most things.

2. Value of Paladins
    I mean don't get me wrong, I don't think Paladins are the best class. Far from that, I personally tell everyone that a Paladin is a trap. If you are a serious player that wants to get to 17x and higher, unless Kimmy gets around to implementing the 1h bw changes so our horizontal range actually works properly (aka being a t-rex at HT), Paladin is not the class. But I think our value comes from the fact that we do not scale well. Even with absolutely shitty gear, our damage is pretty much guaranteed. It's an easy class to start off as.
    • Washing isn't too hard because of the extra mana gain (compared to hero) & lower min mp (compared to DK)
    • Ele advantage makes us gods at area bosses aka genociding Bigfoots (faster access to HT)
    • HH max gets us fast grinding (faster access to HT)
    • HH max gives us a stable DPM despite gear (oh and it goes through Weapon Cancel)
    If you are a casual player that's not going to be perfecting your gear and is your starting class, Paladins are the easiest access class. An unwashed DK = useless. A gearless Hero = useless. A gearless Paladin = moderately useful. Games like maple are all about min/maxing, and we're not the best to maximize, but we sure are the best class in terms of minimum effort + minimum investment.

And with the faster lvling, ppl are more eager to take a 16x Paladin than a 14x Hero to Zakum or HT. We have faster access to the late game, but that's with the con of us falling off super hard once we get to late late game. (I think that makes sense...)

3. Zakum

We white based on the fact that we hit arms that they aren't hitting, aka on the right side before the ranged attackers even get to it. And assuming Brandish is hitting for around 20k per line thats a total of 40k for 3 arms. But stance is a lie, so that DPM isn't perfectly maintained the whole time cus you fall off platforms. While as, even if you fall off you can HH and reach everything. You have consistent 199k damage every 10 seconds, on top of the Blast damage. It's an issue of theory v practice. Also a DK will never white in a warrior race, cus they'd be bounced around the map for HB (again another issue of theory v practice). Meanwhile, you just ignore everything and do your own thing of blast + HH. Hero would too, but you do have to build up your ACA (ofc this is just in the beginning), but every attack matters when you're racing to white :p

Oh ya and mentioned before, HH going through all the weapon cancels, and as everyone complains Zak just has way too many weapon cancels. So that's more damage you're out putting while DKs & Hero's can't.

Well the not knowing the limits was more geared towards Dvah, who didn't even bother reading the Legends skill changes and quoting damage figures from a post v62 of maple LULZ. I haven't played a Paladin on any other server, but when it comes to ML, I can fairly confidently say that I've invested a lot of time into it and have extensively tested out the practical & theoretical limits of Paladins (I'm just that type of player :p). I know everyone shits on Pallies cus of how they used to be in OG maple and other private servers, but once you feel a 10 second cool down HH. You'll understand just how amazing it feels & also how amazingly viable it is. As a grinder and as a bosser ^^[/quote][/quote]

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. ThePotatoSalad

Mar 19, 2017
    Male
    Sweden
    LucyFlower/ZhanShen666
    Bishop
    ChineseSoul

Red update? I thought we are talking about warrior class in ML, i'm sorry.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. Dvah

Dvah Pac Pinky

Mar 21, 2018
    Male
    Africa I guess
    Dvah
    Dark Knight
    UpperLeveL
    No I meant he hit 60k x3 at 2008

After the red update or whenever they added the skill dark impale he dealt 999k.

I had a screenshot but it’s gone cuz I’ve changed 2 computers already xd

But I still can show you the items I’ve checked today sadly the only thing that left is the rac mask q.q

Edit : he finished hp wash at 2008
    Total waste on that account : 1540 dollars (combat arms too)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Stow

Stow Mixed Golem

Apr 30, 2017
    Dazzle
    Magician
    175wa skyskis in v0.62? le-fucking-mao.

also comparing classes across different servers with different changes is as good as comparing apples to oranges

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Dvah

Dvah Pac Pinky

Mar 21, 2018
    Male
    Africa I guess
    Dvah
    Dark Knight
    UpperLeveL
    175att at 2010 when they realsed the enchanting scrolls and pots

At 2012 they added the dark impale

Just come to gms for a moment I can show you the rac mask and the char himself,I have no clue where the skis gone

And comparing classes across dif server?
    The pally got buffed here lol
    It’s not like he was the same as gms
    But if you buff one class and now says that he’s the best why not buff the others?
    Pally not supposed to deal a lot of damage he’s like supporting class
    But in the end of the day he still lose to drk and hero

17. merky

merky Mr. Anchor

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    Crusader
    DvahDvah, are you even reading what everyone else is posting?

Also, we seemed to have scared off ShayyyyShayyyy.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Sloppy

Sloppy Horny Mushroom

Apr 15, 2018
    Male
    10:32 PM
    White Knight
    His girlfriend was stolen by a high level Paladin back in the day and has vouched to slander their good name.

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Nise

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    2010 :thinking: that's not v62 is it? We don't deny that you're friend has those gears, its just that you're trying to compare an 1st generation iPhone with like iPhone X. They came out during different times... thonk

https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/maplelegends-features.2027/

Other classes including DK & Hero have gotten buffed too. Pally is not a supporting class LOL what skill of their's is supporting? Magic crash? Skill didn't work in v62. And at the end of the day a Pally doesn't lose to a drk or a hero:

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Rockler

Rockler Mixed Golem

Jan 8, 2016
    Male
    Sweden
    Nude
    Night Lord
    Scamure
    N I G H T L O R D