1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Why Did You Choose YOUR IGN?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by farewell, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Ryae

Ryae Wolfspider

Apr 17, 2015
    Female
    USA (West Coast)
    10:12 PM
    Ryae
    Night Lord
    Nimbus
    oh that's why you always say that! that is so sweet! tsuki tsuki MapleF2

honestly this is my favorite so far, that is amazing haahhaah

my man, I think I may have told you this before but it took me so long until I realized this (it was way after I finished editing the job adv video too...LOL)

Ryae: "You made it when you were 12 and have an attachment to it?" is way too accurate lol. I remember I liked the shape of the words (??) of the name Raye, and also liked Rae but it was too short, so as a genius 12 year old I just flipped the letters hahaha. I really like names that are simple and one short word because they are easy to remember, and "Ryae" is spelled stupidly enough that it was usually never taken lol. I've used it for Trickster Online and TERA before MapleLegends. Originally I made it for IMVU OnionSpit
    Steffles: My name is Stef and when I was 15 a boy I liked called me "Stefls" sometimes. We never dated but I changed the spelling and made it the name of my Aran when they came out :p Me and two other friends made our Arans partner characters and one of them joined me for a short time on this server, so I made my partner character with her the same name from those times ^^
    Azalea: I just like flowers and think this one has a nice name but other islanders keep calling me iggy :(((( bahahaha

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    11:12 PM
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    I didn’t have time to come up with a good name lmao

• Like Like x 1
  3. Awleh

Awleh Mr. Anchor

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    Norway
    6:12 AM
    Awleh
    Chief Bandit, Shadower
    Demure
    Lol like my brother creating a bishop. Had no idea what to name it so he decided to name it the same name as his speakers. Tho he didnt know how Klipch was written so he just named it Klip.

Lazyness for the win

• Like Like x 2
  4. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    11:12 PM
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    ayy
    i’ve been doing this for years though, my steam name was my second name raymond for 4 years f3

• Like Like x 1
  5. Homo

Homo Blue Snail

Mar 24, 2018
    Male
    12:12 AM
    Homo
    I chose Enchant (my first character) because I thought it fit well with mages and it sounded pretty. Since I screwed that one up, I made Homo because I'm gay as hell. :sleep:

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Timbit

Timbit Slime

Oct 20, 2017
    Male
    Beignet
    Brawler
    Because the name Timbit was taken (f5) and my characters usually carry the names of pastries or desserts. Beignet because Mint Juleps in Disneyland.

7. Angel

Angel Horny Mushroom

Feb 20, 2016
    AmateraSUN/UgLee/Korilakkuma
    Bishop
    Cafe
    amaterasu was taken so i made my ign into a pun off amaterasu the sun goddess

• Like Like x 1
  8. Vera

Vera Dark Stone Golem

Sep 27, 2016
    Female
    ei
    7:12 AM
    Nolo
    Buccaneer
    Demure
    Nolo means lame / embarrassing/ awkward in finnish, so i thought it fit me

Elovera was created cause there is this oatmeal brand in Finland called Elovena and + my name = Elovera (lol)

Aloe comes from aloe vera and bc people kept calling me aloe anyway (the name is aioe, cause aloe was taken smh)

Invidia means hate, envy / jealousy in latin and i thought it was cool.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  9. FeroxAnima

FeroxAnima Web Developer Staff Member Web Developer

Dec 29, 2017
    Male
    Zelretch/HerSlave
    Bishop
    Horny/Muse
    DurzoBlint: Durzo Blint AKA
    Acaelus Thorne, Gaelan Starfire, Dehvirahaman ko Bruhmaeziwakazari and more
    is the name of a character from the "Night Angel" books trilogy. I love reaching all sorts of emotional climaxes and this was the first time a book had got me to physically cry while reading it - I had to wipe my eyes a few times so I could continue reading. XD And I love Durzo himself as a character, so... yeah. Also, Durzo's basically a cool assassin with special abilities, so this IGN went for my assassin.

Zelretch: I'm a weeb :3 Kischur Zelretch Schweinorg is a mysterious character from the Nasuverse (Tsukihime, Fate/stay night and other Fate titles, Kara no Kyoukai, and some more) with a special ability:
    he is one of the only living Mahoutsukai, magicians employing "True Magic"; specifically, he is the one in control of the magic known as "Kaleidoscope", "Mangekyou", or "Zelretch" - a magic enabling him operation of parallel worlds. This basically means that he is the strongest link between all the various Nasuverse titles, making small - but cool - appearences in several different ones, and not just as a parallel dimension version of himself - but as the very same version, traversing between them, knowing of the others as much as the readers do and maybe more.
    He has parts in both the background ages-old lore of some of the titles, and in actually recent occurences in said titles' plotlines.

FeroxAnima: Was the name I gave my Aran when I tried playing GMS again about 5 years ago, and it kinda caught. (Sat down with Google and translated latin words for probably way too long until I found something with both a sound and a meaning - kind of - that I was cool with.) Was also my League IGN afterwards and I also used it in a bunch of other places; pretty much my go-to online name over the past few years.

The most nostalgic IGN I could think of is SHAY105, which is how I named my old Cleric (later Priest and later Bishop) back in old GMS, but... I kind of hated that IGN - it's basically my rl name in caps + 105 and I always wanted to change it back then XD My 8-years-old self didn't really put much thought into it; guess I didn't realize how attached I'd get to this game soon after :p Also my assassin back then was named xsinxskippyx or something... after a brand of peanut butter. X'''D

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  10. chingalang

chingalang Mano

Mar 20, 2018
    it just rolls off the tongue and sounds fun and exciting(?)

11. Shinohara

Shinohara Headless Horseman

Mar 31, 2017
    Calderock Village
    2:12 PM
    Saratoga / Sogohara / Tsushima
    Bishop
    ☆ Aqours ☆
    I'm a history enthusiast on naval related content so some of my character's IGN pay homage to former aircraft carriers such as USS Saratoga and HMS Ark Royal.

I wanted to use the IGN GrafZeppelin as well but someone got to it first.

12. Cheat

Cheat Red Snail

Dec 19, 2017
    Female
    1:12 AM
    Cheat
    Night Lord
    Noir
    I wanted an ign that matched my class c:

• Creative Creative x 1
  13. Kargo

Kargo Skelegon

Mar 5, 2015
    Male
    Holland
    Kargo
    Shadower
    Flow
    I like the mob I guess?

14. DL4u

DL4u Pink Teddy

Mar 30, 2018
    Male
    DL4u
    Hermit
    Simplex
    Omg code Lyoko i used to see that too xD

I choise DL4u cause the meaning is Dexless4You
    very simple, used to play that character back in the 2007 days for 10 years
    now i joined MapleLegends for the nostalgic, so i bring that ign back ^^

15. dumbledore

dumbledore Capt. Latanica

Oct 11, 2015
    Male
    Hogwarts
    dumbledore
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I don`t think my ign and guild needs an explanation... It is Dumbiedore though since the real name was taken by someone else back when I started playing =/.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Nocturna

Nocturna Mano

Mar 30, 2018
    Nocturna
    Amity
    Nocturna - aiming to be a NL and I'm also nocturnal MapleF3

• Like Like x 1
  17. JoshNGz

JoshNGz Red Snail

Mar 31, 2018
    Male
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    1:12 PM
    JoshNGz
    Cleric
    Faith
    JoshNGz,
    Josh is my English name;
    NG is my Chinese surname;
    JoshNG was taken, so i put a z as ending.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Stance88

Stance88 Dark Stone Golem

May 28, 2015
    Male
    Denmark
    Stance
    Hero
    Aeon
    Stance: posture, body position, pose, attitude, bearing. An invididual who chose something and does not change direction i.e a strong minded personality.

19. Phyllo

Phyllo Blue Snail

Jul 12, 2017
    1:12 PM
    Phyllo
    Bishop
    Scarlet
    phyllo from .hack//roots cause i was making a bishop

20. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    1:12 AM
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    (Seduction) at
    (Midnight) with
    (TheMorrigan)

"The Morrigan (also known as the Morrigu) was the shape-shifting Celtic Goddess of War, Fate and Death. She also presided over rivers, lakes and fresh water, in addition to being the patroness of revenge, night, magic, prophecy, priestesses and witches."