1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Why is LMPQ so dead?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FYOU, Apr 12, 2021.

1. FYOU

FYOU Red Snail

Mar 13, 2021
    Male
    5:18 PM
    FYOU
    Camper
    I've always wanted to try this pq but it's impossible to find people wanting to do this pq. I've heard that it's a pretty good way to level from 51-70 and eliminates the need to buy potions during those levels / (sell pots to npc for easy money) yet I can never find anybody on top of the clocktower.

Is there a reason why nobody participates in this? Did it get nerfed / is not as good as people say it is?

2. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    LMPQ is bad exp, and bad mesos compared to ghost ship (the area people usually grind from 51 to 70).

3. Davy Crocket

Davy Crocket Blue Snail

Mar 9, 2021
    Male
    6:18 PM
    dmarin24
    Beginner
    I completely disagree. Get a good party and you can complete LMPQ is under 1 minute. The potions don't seem like much, but you can get millions if you do it quickly. I think people on this server just aren't experienced with it, so don't do it. It's amazing experience and money.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Funny Funny x 3
  4. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    6:18 PM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    LMPQ exp might be okay with a good party. Money is near-nonexistent though (don't you just get some random pots?) and you don't gain gacha tickets unlike grinding. Plus finding a party for any PQ is a big time waster whereas you can grind whenever you want on your own schedule with very little downtime.

Don't get me wrong, it's not 100% dead content. You'll certainly find a few players to PQ there every now and then, but it's one of the (many) PQs that's desperately in need of some redeeming factor for the time and effort involved compared to simple training. The only PQs I would consider decent right now are HPQ, KPQ, EPQ, and maybe PPQ. CWKPQ doesn't count because it's basically just a boss run. All the others are suboptimal at best and pure cringe at worst (MPQ says hi).

• Agree Agree x 7
  5. thugric

thugric Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

May 10, 2017
    Male
    8:18 PM
    TaxDog
    Marksman
    Beaters
    LMPQ isn't thattttttt bad in mesos. I remember being very poor and not to knowledgeable about the game (when it came to optimal gameplay), and used this PQ as my main source for income and potions til 3rd job. I made about 45mil+ which was enough to afford myself a zhelm (they were 40mil during those days). Yes, making 45mil in 20 levels seems like a horrible deal for efficient players, but for me starting the game at the time, this was some blessed income. The experience obviously does not compare to GS2 but I recall leveling once every hour or so with a good group of ppl where we would get 1min pq's. This is quite nice for newer players to the game.

Some notable items you could get at LMPQ include:
    - 30% junk scrolls that can be sold to dummy scrollers for 50k each
    - 10% cape for int
    - Emergency Rescue Tube, and red hearted earrings
    - watermelons
    - many ideal potions you could keep or simply NPC.

The high valued prizes appear much more often than you think, assuming you could a lot of PQ's in a short period of time

Equips:
    Emergency Rescue Tube (owl the price and compare - should be a few hundred k)
    Blood Snowboard
    Red Hearted Earrings (90k)
    Yellow Umbrella

Scrolls: (Come in all varieties (10%, 30%, 60%, 70%) unless specified)
    Overall Armor for DEF
    Topwear for DEF
    Bottomwear for DEF
    Shield for DEF
    Cape for Wep. DEF
    Cape for Mag. DEF
    10% Cape for INT (i dunno 150k?)
    10% Cape for DEX (15k probably)

Use (keep them or NPC them up2u):
    100 Mana Elixirs (31k)
    100 Dried Squids (31k)
    100 OJ's (46k)
    50 Watermelons (80k $$$$$$LOTTERY$$$$$$)
    50 Pure Waters (41.25k)
    20 Fat Sausages (12.6k)
    20 Grape Juices (18.6k)
    20 Fruit Milks (5k)
    20 Strawberry Milks (5k)
    20 Coffee Milks (5k)
    5 Pink Elixirs (~10k)
    5 Red Bean Sundaes (10k)
    1 Power Elixir (~3.5K)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  6. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    What Akashsky said is sort of true however (same reply towards them)

The exp is fine but when its peak hours for people training there or getting leeched its hard to get a map, so LMPQ is the other alternative.

I agree, I did LMPQ a few times and it funded me up to get enough mesos to buy solo leech at higher levels saving the mesos in storage by every few mil I got, holding on the mesos kinda made me want to buy things I didn't even need.

The PQ should be more popularized but people tend to just train at ghost ship until 3rd job.

7. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    back in 2017, hella ppl did LMPQ to get to 3rd job. just need to find a dope consistant group. I wish it was abit better tho. PQs would be a dope incentive to run it more :(

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. iccqqq

iccqqq Dark Stone Golem

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    3:18 AM
    Hero
    buff pqs plz

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    I think ppl just not big brained enough to navigate thru lmpq anymore

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. thedgafclub

thedgafclub Timer

Sep 23, 2019
    Female
    thedgafclub
    Shadower
    Beaters
    I loved LMPQ in GMS and I actually had two friends I regularly ran LMPQ with on my very first character here in Legends. So it's not entiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirely dead...!

Honestly? I think people don't do it because (1) they can't do math (AKA figure out the portals LMFAO) and (2) because PQs in general are pretty hard to recruit for now that grinding is so much more time efficient.

11. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    I think its because some people don't want to search it up or use discord slime/drods bot to get the image.

LMPQ Pass.png

12. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    It was popular and consistent back in 2017, but that was when Ghost Ship leech was very rare to see. Even with 10x the player base people would rather just skip it, but then again you can't just message half the server in ally chat to recruit.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    LMPQ is not bad experience and gives some easy mesos, but it's also very exhausting. Unlike grinding where you can brain dead/watch TV at the same time, you have to actually pay attention constantly during LMPQ to optimize your run times. 90% of your time is either walking to portals or whacking the summon crates. And unlike other PQs which are also like this, in LMPQ you're literally repeating the steps every minute. 30 minutes of LMPQ feels like 2 hours. Even if LMPQ did give comparable experience to grinding, it won't be as popular because of this.

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    If you assume an average run time of 1.5 minutes per PQ (once you factor in inefficiencies from having to sell all the pots and stuff it's probably a fair assumption), and an average of 200 tickets per run (pretty sure the actual average is 150 since I think tickets have a 50% drop rate, but who knows) you can quickly see that the exp is actually dog shit.

At level 51 with these assumptions, you would get 794k exp per hour which is already kind of bad at lvl 51, but it's pretty laughable at lvl 6x where you can easily get double or even triple that on some classes at ghostship, along with the ability to make more mesos and get gachapon tickets.

Fixing this is pretty easy. PQ should be buffed to 2x exp. This would allow someone to get 1.6m exp per hour assuming 90 second runs which is pretty good (if you don't agree with my numbers that's fine they can easily be tweaked to be whatever you want it to be either by adjusting exp multiplier or by making ticket drop rate higher, but 794k is a massive lul) and then maybe people will considering foregoing the 0 brain cell, extremely profitable grind at ghost ship for some slightly better exp and less mesos at LMPQ.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Myungsoo

Myungsoo Slimy

Apr 10, 2020
    Male
    2:18 AM
    Robinn
    Crossbowman
    #buffPQ's

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Nekokoro

Nekokoro King Slime

Apr 6, 2021
    Female
    CC1 FM18
    Nekokoro
    Bishop
    Gang Gang
    I like LMPQ
    It provides a way for players to train attackers that otherwise would be too difficult or expensive (leech).
    Also it will allow people who train attackers to engage more in the game and hopefully reduce the overwhelming amount of leech and map selling there is.

• Agree Agree x 1