1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Windows 8/8.1/10 windows 10 game wont start

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by w00tnoway, Oct 30, 2016.

1. w00tnoway

w00tnoway Blue Snail

Mar 29, 2016
    7:49 PM
    tells me i need to install directx 8.1 or higher but i already did, i tried running the SETUP.exe didnt work
    i tried putting compatibility in XP service pack 3 combined with force resolution 640x and run as admin
    i even tried the bit color thing..

2. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    2:49 AM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    try maplelegends.exe instead of setup.exe

attaching SS for error message would be helpful to solve ur problem.

3. OP
    OP
    w00tnoway

w00tnoway Blue Snail

Mar 29, 2016
    http://imgur.com/a/NE0UT this is the error

4. Number32

Number32 Skelegon Retired Staff

Jul 3, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Smores
    Bishop
    Demure
    Have you tried putting compatibility nonsense on Windows ME? I think that's what fixed it for me last time, not sure tho

• Like Like x 1
  5. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    2:49 AM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    that error occurs when you didn't installed proper driver for graphic card, or graphic cards 3D acceleration function is offed.
    (ofc if graphic card doesn't support 3D acceleration, possible. but I doubt this case and if you're in this case, you won't play ML unless you change graphic card itself)

you may check both. install latest version of graphic card driver, and need to check 3D acceleration option is available or not.
    checking 3D option is available in firmware of graphic card supplied with driver files.

6. OP
    OP
    w00tnoway

w00tnoway Blue Snail

Mar 29, 2016
    graphic drivers are updated.. i cant find 3d acceleration anywhere :eek: