1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

x3 Exp, x2 Meso, x2 Drop?

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Mr Maple, Jan 10, 2016.

Increase the rates to x3 EXP, x2 Meso, x2 Drop?

1. Yes

15.4%
  2. No

84.6%
  1. Cohort

Cohort Timer

Nov 8, 2015
    Male
    5:58 AM
    Cohort
    Thief
    If exp rate would change the server would be wiped. How would you feel if u had nearly a level 190 char and suddenly due to some person wanting higher rates who cant pass level 30 because its slow asks for higher rates?
    MapleLegends community is based on old school players liking the feeling of "wanting to work hard". So please do not start threads like this as its only makes people mad and trolly

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    6:58 AM
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    Please dude,

Everyone in here should be able to voice his opinion. Saying something like this is not right in my opinion. By making a poll (which he did) we can easily see what the majority wants. Discussion is (like said before) what makes the server better. Voicing feedback is only because you want the server to succeed.

Please don't restrict people from making threads. Without requesting it you will never know how people will feel about this. Eventhough this is a topic discussed before I like new players voicing their tips.

Basically blame the people who respond with
    comments not the ones who come with "new" "fresh" ideas.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    11:58 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I agree people deserve a chance to express their opinions and throw out their ideas. But this idea... this is anything but new and fresh. lol

4. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    I am not talking about this specific idea, but how would a new person know what is already discussed?
    Main point is just let everyone express their feelings/idea's.

• Like Like x 2
  5. OP
    OP
    Mr Maple

Mr Maple Slime

Jan 8, 2016
    Male
    Australia
    4:58 PM
    Frostea
    Magician
    I understand guys and thanks for not hacking into me :) (Unlike those at Royals)

Im really enjoying this game and this will be my number 1 game now! SMITE will come second :p

But again thanks for voicing your opinions and opening my eyes, I now understand that the rates are fine as they are now as I have experienced a bit of Legends. Too much wouldn't be as fun.

And also thanks for accepting me into the community! Hope to see you guys soon around Maple! :)

• Like Like x 6
  6. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    Thanks for the kind wordsOnionBlush.
    Goodluck on your journey.
    See ya around!

Edit: And please don't be scared to suggest new ideas in the future.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Dutch101

Dutch101 Mushmom

Jul 26, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Night Lord
    Only thing i'd offer to change is the drop/meso rate, not the exp rate.

• Like Like x 2
  8. slugheady

slugheady Red Snail

Dec 29, 2015
    Male
    The EXP is fine, it's what makes this server appealing to most it's users (imo). The drop rate however, could use a little boost. I'd like to see more equips drop, the rest seems perfect to me.

9. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    Drop rate makes it appealing to high level users. If they suddenly were able to get their complete let of gear twice as fast they get bored twice as fast...
    I would not change anything concerning rates, but thats just my opinion.

• Like Like x 2
  10. slugheady

slugheady Red Snail

Dec 29, 2015
    Male
    High level equips have a decent droprate if you ask me, because loads of people farm high lvl mobs you have a decent amount of them. With regards to low and medium level equips, I think we're missing a lot of them because the market isn't active enough for them to sell, so majority just gets NPC'd. With the EXP rate, farmer for say a lvl 40/50/60 gear set is quite useless, as you'll be overleveled by the time you have it complete. That's just my own experience though.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dru

Dru Red Snail

Mar 17, 2019
    1:58 AM
    Corsair
    Sorry to necro this but on this topic would it be possible to implement a way to increase drop rates for items like armor and weapons? I dont want the game to feel easy but just from what i could remember from back when i played the game had what i would consider higher drop rate for these items especially at the low levels (1-40). Would help alot with getting new characters started and make it just feel alittle better imo. What would anyone think about this? Maybe a buff you could buy instead using voting points? Dont want to ruin the game buy increasing the drop rate significantly just feel that it is alittle low while some items are alittle weird also like omok pieces which i feel drop to often for how rare they were.

Love the game, thanks for hosting my nostalgia.

12. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    I agree with a higher drop rate for lower level equipment. Exp, scroll drop rate, higher level equip drop rate seems near perfect though

13. Dru

Dru Red Snail

Mar 17, 2019
    Corsair
    Exactly my thoughts, Everything seems pretty good.

14. Sarina

Sarina Brown Teddy

Feb 28, 2018
    Female
    Sarina
    Would have been nice if it was:
    3x from 1 to 120 (exp bonus only applies if your solo, reduced to 1.5x if your in a party)
    2x from 120 to 180
    1x from 180 to 200

15. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Drop rates are already far higher compared to GMS for low level equips, not going be increased more.

16. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    10:58 PM
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
  17. Dru

Dru Red Snail

Mar 17, 2019
    Corsair
    Unfortunate, also while you might say the rates are higher on here, on current GMS it constantly has events increasing the drop rate for everything going as far as on reboot server allowing you to get Armour/weapon item drops almost every kill with it almost always giving epics, combined with the double drop they have on mesos and other items GMS has way higher rates because of these events, sure the base might be worse, but there's never not an event going on so it might aswell have higher rates, especially in combination with the actual items you could use to increase rates further for all 3 categorys(exp,mesos,items). Not saying to make it anything like current maplestory but the drop rate is low. Especially on monster cards, i would have like 600 by now on GMS while on here i cant make a set yet.

Also i like the server and im probably going to donate to show my support so dont get me wrong, not hating or trying to argue, just that imho the drop rate is low.

18. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    By gms i talk about 2008 MS not reboot or whatever they have now.

19. Flare

Flare Orange Mushroom

Aug 3, 2016
    Male
    7:58 AM
    I'll beg on my knees to not implement any rate changes if I have to.

The most I'll MAYBE ever support (reluctantly) is giving players a choice:
    Base rates are 2x1x1x3x as usual, but with an option to buy 2x or 3x EXP/drop/coupons for vote cash or something.

Just please don't ruin it for others... These close-to-GMS rates are one of the main reasons I play this server and not others.

Just my two cents...

20. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    11:58 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Do the quests. There's also guides on how to start out and make money. It really isn't that hard...