1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Magician Yesi's ArchMage (I/L) Guide

Discussion in 'Jobs' started by MissBehaving, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Shinohara

Shinohara Headless Horseman

Mar 31, 2017
    Calderock Village
    4:55 AM
    Saratoga / Sogohara / Tsushima
    Bishop
    ☆ Aqours ☆
    Mainly utility as Slow can be used at any level while Cold beam effectively loses its worth after 3rd job.
    Elemental composition is better than thunder spear since it includes both lightning and ice element in addition to freeze status. No reason to really add thunder spear since it has a slower casting speed and will be replaced with chain lightning at 4th job.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. merky

merky Mr. Anchor

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    3:55 AM
    Crusader
    I see... Initially I was thinking why bother with Slow since I/L can freeze mobs but then I remembered that not everything can be frozen. I suppose Slow is more fun too, in addition to being more useful.

I doubt I can even reach 4th job with my main given how little I play. But I guess even in that case, not even the coolness factor can save Thunder Spear?

3. Shinohara

Mar 31, 2017
    Calderock Village
    Bishop
    ☆ Aqours ☆
    There's no hardline guideline to follow since mages have no beginner skill pre-requisites for their advanced levels so ultimately it is up to you between TS & EC since both are offensive spells.
    I chose EC over TS because of its versatility of dual-element and freezing status. TS has a higher higher attack multiplier at max but its slower casting affects overall DPS.

4. merky

merky Mr. Anchor

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    Crusader
    I see... I thought as much too, since EC's speed and dual element is definitely a huge bonus over TS. Just to clarify: if I were to use EC against something that resists one element but not the other, would it still deal neutral damage? What about enemies that are weak to both elements, or resists one but is weak to the other?

5. Shinohara

Mar 31, 2017
    Calderock Village
    Bishop
    ☆ Aqours ☆
    I am unsure if dual weaknesses stack past 1.5x so you will require confirmation from others as well on this but weakness and resistance should result in neutral multiplier.

• Like Like x 1
  6. splog

splog Red Snail

Dec 9, 2017
    3:55 PM
    Pirate
    thank you for this!! just started this server and was hoping to make an i/l :)

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. WaffleWafers

WaffleWafers King Slime

Sep 2, 2017
    Thief
    What's the reasoning behind elemental amp > ice strike from 70-80?

Also, is Ninja Castle really the best from 85-95 over Galloperas? I haven't been there myself on this server, but iirc the spawn rates aren't that great and the HP:EXP ratio is better on Gallos.

8. shot

shot Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    2:55 PM
    sh0t/Davi
    Buccaneer
    Honor
    For elemental amp over ice strike, I would say that it's a matter of personal preference as you do get to hit both platforms on GS2 while losing out on damage of amp.

And for ninja castle, I/L gets a big advantage over other classes to train there since you can easily spam/freeze mobs with ice strike while rarely getting hit. Add that to the fact that nintos drop shield matt 60s and other rare int scrolls, which you can sell up to 25 mil a piece.
    EDIT: jonins drop ^ not nintos

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  9. WaffleWafers

WaffleWafers King Slime

Sep 2, 2017
    Thief
    Thanks for the feedback, I'll def give ninja castle a try when I get there. Even if the exp is slow, the drops seem very appealing (I wonder if the drop rate is the same for scrolls there as the rest of the game, cuz they seem super good for money making).

As for my skill build, I reached level 75 last night and was able to pump 16 points into elemental amp. This gave me the damage to guarantee 2HKO on GS2 with thunderbolt. My plan from here on out is to max ice strike while leaving ele amp at 16, since putting 14 more points into ele amp wouldn't push me over from 2HKO into 1HKO damage in GS2, so the added MP costs are pointless. That way, I can also have a maxed ice strike by the time I get to level 85 when I finally switch training spots.

I think even though ice strike hits both platforms at 15 (? not sure about this), losing the 1.5x damage against slimy might actually hinder my exp rate, but I'm not too sure.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  10. Brie

Brie Mushmom

Jun 28, 2017
    Female
    2:55 PM
    Tundra
    I/L Arch Mage
    Influence
    WaffleWafersWaffleWafers, some people do amp first because t-bolt and ele wand 4 is better at gs 2 until around 80, whereas some people prep for bains/red kents at 80. With the addition of Ninja Castle, it might be helpful to max out Ice strike for easier training. Personally, I got ice strike to 19, then 3 amp, then 11 booster since it speeds up casting, which is very noticeable; again there is no 1 set build, so it depends on you.

Feedback on Ninja Castle would be helpful =)!

also double weakness w/ comp will not stack beyond 1.5x damage.

11. OP
    OP
    MissBehaving

MissBehaving Mixed Golem

Apr 7, 2017
    Female
    PissBehaving
    I/L Arch Mage
    THANK YOU ALL SO SO MUCH FOR THE FEEDBACK AND PEOPLE TAKING THE TIME TO USE THIS GUIDE <3 <3

Sorry I haven't been able to reply to everyone! I have been grinding my ass off. I also have a lot of work irl. This guide is only a guide, but remember as always, it's up to you on what you decide to do :3

12. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    10:55 PM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    200 wehn :BabyRage:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. OP
    OP
    MissBehaving

MissBehaving Mixed Golem

Apr 7, 2017
    Female
    PissBehaving
    I/L Arch Mage
    Time to Account Share with mngas #9487y

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. takolovelive

takolovelive Chronos

Jul 7, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    takoEri
    Paladin
    GodDuckness
    I'm about to reach 4th job super soon and got blizzard 20 free from nice friends (it's apparently "tossable" nowadays). Are there mages who cap blizz to, say, 15 to maintain mana at lvl 30 levels, or is the tradeoff for TMA too large?

15. OP
    OP
    MissBehaving

MissBehaving Mixed Golem

Apr 7, 2017
    Female
    PissBehaving
    I/L Arch Mage
    Yeah, you can do that if you'd like until you get Blizzard 30. If MP cost doesn't bother you and you have the extra money you can raise it to 20. The TMA difference isn't too bad because you'll still be 2 hitting Petri regardless. If you aren't you should raise it up and get some gear, cause that's the only way you'll really make money for 30.

16. takolovelive

takolovelive Chronos

Jul 7, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    takoEri
    Paladin
    GodDuckness
    Ah, then capping at 15(or 16) is the way to go for me since I'd rather spend the money on better gear/blizz 30. Thanks!

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  17. WaffleWafers

WaffleWafers King Slime

Sep 2, 2017
    Thief
    I just recently got through the 120-130 I/L grind and was able to keep blizz at level 5 for mana costs until I got enough mesos for blizz 30. I would definitely try to calculate out the exact number of points you need to distribute between MW and blizzard with your TMA at each level and try to min/max it so you can have as little points in blizz as possible while still 1 hitting WS. Then once you find a sweetspot, you can keep it there until 130 which is when you should be able to get enough TMA from the ele wand upgrade along with higher level blizz to 1 hit ulu2, or ulu1 if you're a bit short. Always good to plan out your skill points optimally because you won't be able to take them back for free.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Healer

Healer Windraider

Apr 26, 2015
    Male
    10:55 PM
    Is this guide still viable? And if so is Partial Resistance still useless? I don't wanna mess up :(

19. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    9:55 PM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    It's mostly still viable, partial resistance is mostly useless but I see no reason not to max it near the end as you should have enough points to max every skill except thunder spear which is the most useless one of all

20. Reisu

Reisu Horny Mushroom

Jun 11, 2020
    Bishop
    Yes. I personally maxed every 3rd job skill except Thunder Spear, which only has 1 point. You get Chain Lightning at 4th job where its level 1 power is stronger than a level 30 Thunder Spear's anyways. Partial Resistance is passive so it doesn't hurt investing in it. If you really don't care for it you can leave it at 1 point or something, but I think it's more useful than Spear.