1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Yet another Bucc buff post. Perhaps for halloween o.o

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by KurayamiLove, Sep 16, 2020.

1. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    9:07 PM
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    You already know who I am lets get down to the buffs:

[​IMG] Energy Charge:

>Add a masc on the top right so you can track its duration like the rest of the buffs.

>Comentary: This is not a buff, is a thing that other buccs have asked before and would really increase the quality of life since you will know the exact moment when it will go down and plan ahead.

>Pasive stance when unactive of 50% +40% once you get charged.

>Comentary: Stance is a small issue that Buccaneers have to face. On most bosses stance doesn't matter as much but in HT is one of the things that keep us down (no pun intended) so improving the overal uptime of Buccaneers doing damage. Lets talk about rates:

Lets say you have super godly gear and you use a basket on top and you manage to get around 460 avoid then you will have a chance of 50% of avoiding an attack in HT, if the attack hits then you have a 50% chance to stay on the platform due to stance while uncharged that would be a total 75% odds to stay on the paltform if you get hit and then you add I.frames roughtly lets say that 50% of the time you are vulnerable to damage that would add up to 87.5% chance to stay on the platform, just to add the fully charge rate (90% stance) would be 97.5 %. This scenario is possible yet very optimistic most bucc miss rate on avoid gear (which I remind you lower your range just to be able to function) is around 40%-45%; that would make the rates like: I.frames rate: 80%-86,25% Non iframes:70%-72.5% Charged: 97%-97,25%

Now I will show the stance rates on the skills that you may use during HT:

>Snatch 4 targets: if godly avoid 75% else 70%-72.5%
    Best dps scenario that you can achieve in HT yet is hard to come by since you need these conditions to be true: 1- Middle head and the right head musn't be canceled 2-you need to have tranformation off cooldown. This can outdm strong single target classes but you will not even come close to the cleave damage that shadower and warriors can pull out.

>Barrage + Dragon strike 4 targets: if godly avoid 87.5% else 80-86.25%
    Seems like a huge stance rate and almost warrior like, you can eve say you match shadowers, jobs that easily cleave and outdmg you on this part by a long shot, even strong single target attackes will outdm you if you are cabale of hitting 4 parts (no cancels on the heads), once the wings are down unless you tranform your cleave will be reduce from 4 targets to 2. So in my opinion allowing Buccs to stay there as much as possible is the way to go

>Snatch 3 targets: if godly avoid 75% else 70%-72.5%
    Decent damage, better than demolition overall, and demolition damage isnt that big but more of that later.

>Barrage + Dragon strike 3 targets: f godly avoid 87.5% else 80-86.25%
    The damage on 3 targets is a bit lackluster comapred even to single target specialiced jobs and you are suposed to be cleaving o.o . Demolition is a better option at this part or if you can snatch on 3 targets

These are one of the hihglits of Buccaneer in HT, once the wings are down you are relegated to snatch 3 parts if the left head, middle and arm are up otherwise is pretty much 1vs1 dmg from demo or untransformed combos that mostly 1vs1 or perhaps hits 2 targets on dragon strike (2 target dragon strike dpm still low but more of that later). And there are a couple of things that Bucc will strugle with even with this change, things like: 1- you canot use barrage on the arms, only when they go down as they attack. 2- The side heads when they go down you canot barrage them and dragon strike will miss them lowering your damage when you are not transformed. 3-We decrease our range to get more avoid, a full potential bucc would have these avoid rates: I.frames combos: 80.25% Non iframes: 60.5% Charged and no iframes: 92.1% and charged iframes: 96.05%. One last thing, the charge stance rates are now live in the game since we always have 90% stance on charge.

I get that Bucc is some short of support class but like otehr support classes like Shadower of DK it would be neat if they had more impact on the damage done, this change could make Bucc do a bit more damage and be more than a SI/Tl provider, extra stance on the rest of the bosses would have little to no impact, maybe on zakum arms we would do a bit better but there you mostly kill arms 1vs1, on Vergamot it would be a nerf in a way since you want to get knocked back by the seduce misiles, this would force you to mange better your ifrmathes there but thats Ok I think.

>If you dont like whats on top we all agree that Bucc should have a better uptime in HT

[​IMG] [​IMG] Demolition and Barrage and overall dpm matters:
    Damage on demolition from 460% to 500%
    Damage on Barrage from 280% to 330%

I made some numbers with and comapred to other DPM from other classes with the same stats than the bucc I used to calculate these. These stats are calcualted with a perfect nt weapon and 21w att gloves, 10w att pendant,2 att shoes and 13w att cape with a cider and echo. I did the same caulculation for other jobs but to not make this post too long I can afirm this way Bucc would be better than DK and Hero on single target but far behind in cleave numbers. BM and MM would be better single target attackers as well. Also take this number with a grain of sailt since is impossible to do perfect damage on any boss since they often fight back.
    These small buffs would just increase a bit the overal damage of buccaneers on single target by around 8%-9% since I feel they need a bit of help there.

Demolition: 8,982,144
    SE Demolition: 9,561,110
    Demolition buffed: 9,763,200
    SE Demolition buffed: 10,173,254

Barrage+DS: 6,102,000
    SE Barrage+DS: 7,377,724
    Barrage+DS cleave 4: 10,056,096
    SE Barrage+DS cleave 4: 11,434,334
    Barrage+DS cleave 3: 8,738,064
    SE Barrage+DS cleave 3: 10,082,131
    Barrage+DS: Buffed: 6,956,280
    SE Barrage+DS Buffed: 8,356,485
    Barrage+DS cleave 4 buffed: 10,910,376
    SE Barrage+DS cleave buffed: 12,447,266
    Barrage+DS cleave 3 buffed: 9,592,344
    SE Barrage+DS cleave 3 buffed: 11,095,063

Average damage is 1/3 untransformed damage and 2/3 transformed damage, all single target.

Average dmg no charge no SE: 8,022,096
    Average dmg no charge bufded: 8,827,560
    Average dmg no charge SE: 8,833,314
    Average dmg no charge SE buffed: 9,567,664

Charged 1vs1 combo on average just increase the dom by 100k or same with double uppercut combos the numbers are like that overall.

[​IMG] Speed Infusion:
    I think we should make SI the exact same as it was in GMS a +2 booster that stack with other boosters. Like this Bucc would stop being anoying to thieves and I se nothing wrong by letting Bishop get a small boost in speed, the boost on archmages would be bigger but they only grind and have no other use outside that otherwise, also it would bring back to life all those SI mules made by mages.

Thank you for reading and all these post are pretty much to inspire so discussion and lets see if we get something done about this wonderfull job.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    3:07 PM
    iPippy
    We still have buccs attacking wings?

3. joota

joota Mr. Anchor Retired Staff

Jul 13, 2019
    12:07 PM
    Buccaneer
    Freelancer
    I'm not sure how you got these numbers, but demolition should already be >10mil at lvl 200 with the gear you mentioned. Barrage+DS looks like what I've seen. I believe some other private servers buffed barrage heavily and ended up getting diminishing returns due to damage cap.

4. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    I should have added more referentes to compare damage but I kept em out since at the time I thought they were a bit excesivos but I could work more on It tmr.
    Buccs will barrage and DS the wings and the parts ok the right, as It is now is much better to use that combo since is the only way yo get some I.Frames and stay on the platform, with a more reliable stance de could start using a lot more snatch to cleave, is pretty good if you hit 4 parts and the dmg is not concentrated all on the same spot, sadly after wings die unless you snatch 3 targets you better off barrage ds 2 heads, and that combo loses a bit of dmg when the head go down to attack. Im not sure is a buff on barrages range is necesary, just with more stance and more reliable one se can just do a very respectable ampunt of dmg as were supporting the team.

5. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    I needed to do adjust better the numbers thats my bad but is a fact that when you are not transformes your dmg plumets down unless you hit more more targets with ds, achieving CAP dmg on las hit is possible when you apple or use a chocolate but is rare, getting more % Will make that more reliable since you need to crit on the last hit and get a good roll (barrage last hit damage is a bit crazy) so I do think another Buff on barrage would be good along a demolition buff to increases the damage overall.

6. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    I did bad by only puting the dmg from teh bucc, the calculations were donw for my charcater and character that had my lv as id I became anotehr classes and I got these numbers:

Hero: 9,200,792
    Hero cleave 2: 18,401,584
    Hero cleave 3: 27,602,376
    DK: 8,753,523
    DK cleave 2: 17,507,046
    DK cleave 3: 26,260,569
    Shadower single target: 7,123,536
    Shadower cleave 4 jump BS: 16,031,164
    Shadower cleave 4 stand still: 18,046,290
    NL: 10,970,559
    Paladin fire charge neutral: 9,415,309
    Paladin fire charge weakness: 14,056,210
    BM: 10,307,840
    MM: 10,611,600

So you can see on the same level how damage compare to eachother o.o compared to buccaneer average damage (1min normal 2 mins transformed) cos even tho transformed damage looks good your normal status brings u donw a lot unless ofc you cleave with dragon strike

7. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    8:07 PM
    Just bring 10 TL mules into HT so you have unlimited ST. problem solved.

8. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Bring back that TL bug thant when u used it u create an extra CD for the skill so after 1 tl you could spam transform that would be nice..... Ignore that you can also make with enought TLs spamabl snipes,HH,Infinity thats ok too
    Hidden buff for paladin, these guys need to catch a break