1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Your feedback and experience of MapleLegends

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Kimmy, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Ben Ten

Ben Ten Slime

Jun 18, 2017
    Male
    6:05 AM
    Marksman
    1. Which year did you join MapleLegends?
    I heard about Legends back in 2015 which is why I have the ign now. I quit prob almost when I saw the gachapon level requirement... Fast forward to October 2019, one of my friends decided to play so I joined and restarted with the same. He quit shortly after and I got addicted.

2. How did you found/learn (about) MapleLegends?
    Command & F "mac" because I play on a mac

3. What were your expectations going into playing MapleLegends?
    Nothing. Didn't expect too much and got a lot out of it tbh

4. What made you continue playing?
    I was pretty much solo when I first started. After reading Sku's journal, I decided to play the game his route and eventually saw a "R>guild" smega and immediately hopped on. And that's pretty much why I continue to play.

5. Do you have any goals that keep you going?
    +4 Dragon Shiner Crossbow
    Maybe level 200 who knows
    The Marksman race got me burnt out and so many people are coming for my ass kinda gave up x)
    6-man HT with the day 1's

6. What do you like about MapleLegends (feature, content, etc)?
    "Exclusive" content i.e. Monster Book Ring
    There's always something to do

7. Your least favourite thing about MapleLegends? (feature, content, etc)?
    HP/MP washing
    The smegas
    My blacklist

8. Compared to when you joined, do you think the server has improved?
    It most definitely did. The GMs really do listen to the community feedback. The meta game is more stable (imo) and is rewarding to those who put in effort versus those who afk.

9. What would you really like to see added or changed in MapleLegends?
    More creative ways that really demonstrate optional hp washing

10. Anything else you would like to mention?
    treehouse & omelette fam <3

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  2. Romel

Romel Stone Golem

Jul 10, 2018
    Male
    8:05 AM
    oXLuffyXo
    Buccaneer
    Yonkou
    1. ¿En qué año te uniste a MapleLegends?
    2. ¿Cómo encontró / aprendió (sobre) MapleLegends?
    Un viejo amigo de EMS le dio like en su pagina de facebook
    3. ¿Cuáles eran tus expectativas al jugar MapleLegends?
    solo quería volver a probar maple antes del bigbang, fue por este parche que me había retirado varios años
    4. ¿Qué te hizo seguir jugando?
    recordar los viejos tiempos del maple
    5. ¿Tiene alguna meta que le permita seguir adelante?
    terminar el doble wash de mi corsario, hacer otro bucc perfecto por que el que tengo lo subí sin lech ni wash, fue decepcionante no alcanzar las metas para poder ir a PB como lo hacia hace 10 años
    6. ¿Qué le gusta de MapleLegends (función, contenido, etc.)?
    que mantenga la nostalgia del viejo maple y los desarrolladores escuchen sugerencias de la comunidad
    7. ¿Lo que menos le gusta de MapleLegends? (función, contenido, etc.)?
    ser amigo de algún gm trae pequeños beneficios como ress en alguna run o buffs en algun PQ o solución mas rápida de algún problema en el juego y que por culpa de algunas personas todos pagamos con las decisiones del staff como nerf mapas en manes, plataformas en shaolin 5 6 entre otras cosas
    8. Comparado con cuando te uniste, ¿crees que el servidor ha mejorado?
    si pero aun faltan algunas cosas
    9. ¿Qué le gustaría que se agregara o cambiara realmente en MapleLegends?
    Pedi la silla nautilus chair y que se implemente en el gachapon de neutilius pero no recibí respuesta, completar la otra mitad de NT y poner el dojo
    10. ¿Algo más que le gustaría mencionar?
    sugerencia de que el ap reset cueste 2.5k de vote cash, pienso que eso haría mas fácil el lavado y mas personas se animarían a hacer un pj, otra sugerencia es si podríamos ganar algo de HP haciendo algunas misiones después de lv 200 como matar determinados boses diarios para ganar HP, hago referencia a toda esa primera generación del servidor que tenia que escoger entre comprar gachapon o APreset antes de que se eliminara de la tienda y cuando aun no podíamos votar varias veces por temor al BAN
    Sigan así

3. sushimeow

sushimeow Slime

Jan 4, 2020
    2:05 PM
    Beginner
    search on google > then, TOPg/gTOP (forget)

recalls my childhood

PQs and nice event hair/ clothes/ eyes

get a 30k hp sin mule

I like doing PQs and I like in Maplelgends that PQs are not dead all the times.

sometimes PQs are dead (mpq/opq/ppq)

Yes

MORE PQS Please

MORE PQS Please..

4. Awrien

Awrien Horny Mushroom

Nov 21, 2019
    Toronto
    9:05 AM
    Awrien/BoatyMcBoat
    Shadower, Corsair
    Syndicate

I got that nostalgic Maplestory itch one day, so I googled private servers.

I didn't have any prior experience with private servers at the time, so I didn't really know what to expect.

THE FRIENDS WE MADE ALONG THE WAY.

Mostly the eternal climb of ever improving gear.

The staff, the players, and everyone else involved really care about the game.

Heavy HP washing that leads to the reliance on leeching. Honestly before PB I would've said that washing ranged characters were optional. But right now, especially with HT profits being so abysmal, being without a mage to self leech or fund your attacker enough to be PB ready feels pretty bad.

Probably the biggest improvement from when I joined has been increased stability. My client has no longer randomly crashed in a long time.

QUEST RING.
    Also some kind of incentive for improving JQ mastery. Possibly some kind of leaderboard, or cosmetics, or anything honestly.

Thanks for the great times, and more great times to come.
    Also please host more fitness events.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Pear

Pear Snail

Nov 30, 2020
    Female
    PearFruit
    Magician

Friends also playing the server

Basic grind time

Quest exp/friendly community

Getting to 4th job

Love the updated nx and quest exp

HP washing and Leech meta

I haven't been playing long so i don't have an answer

Bigger variety of gameplay supported

I feel a bit intimidated to play legends because of my lack of knowledge regarding the HP washing and hearing that friends have been denied into parties because they didn't want to wash.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Regie

Regie Orange Mushroom

Mar 15, 2015
    Clash City
    3:05 PM
    Diwa
    Dark Knight
    Aspect
    glad u still around since BETA my old friend! :)

7. Tango

Tango Horny Mushroom

Feb 27, 2018
    Male
    7:05 AM
    Chronicles
    Paladin
    November 2017

Found videos on YouTube with MapleLegends in the title

The same gameplay/mechanics as the original GMS back in 07-08

Nostalgia & Fun

Creating my first level 200 character in both this server and MapleStory in general

Nostalgic Gameplay & Party/Group-Oriented activities, such as PQs, Boss runs, etc.

Economy and RNG (Rich get richer, poor get poorer)

Content, gameplay, and moderation wise? Yes

ADD: The second half of Neo-Tokyo, and maybe implement/create some new and authentic content that was not in the game originally, possibly taking ideas from the ML Community?
    ***(Some random ideas off the top of my head are harder expedition bosses, with one example being Chaos Zakum / Chaos HT, and maybe an Alliance PQ, something similar to Guild PQ)
    CHANGE: Continue to add new or nerf current metas in-game to allow diversity and variety for training, bossing, or money making methods.

*DISCLAIMER* These are just ideas to PONDER/THINK ABOUT. I'm not asking for them to be implemented, but just something to think about in general.

Y'all are doing such a fantastic job you should be getting paid for it. <3 11/10 <3

• Like Like x 1
  8. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    • Christmas 2017
    • My girlfriend was looking at private servers and found this was mac compatible
    • Pretty low since I didn't have any initial goals or expectations. This was the first and only PS I've played and seems to be one of the best.
    • Setting different goals is what drives most of my playing
    • At this point I've completed all the goals I set for my DK but making new characters allows for new goals. I was planning to play a Paladin but they seem kind of lackluster in the endgame now so I went archer instead. Never played one before so we'll see how it turns out.
    • Content wise I think cwkpq is the best content in the game but unfortunately it's not as great as when it came out. Mostly due to lower scroll, spec, and cape prices but it's still the most fun content imo.
    • Staff are active and seem fairly receptive to comments/criticism from community. One thing I look forward to is the staff explanation posts after balance changes. Might seem like something small but it at least shows what staff was thinking when they made certain changes and also allows for community discussion.
    • Balancing changes that make classes other than NL more relevant at bossing. NL is still the best attacker but other classes at least fill some role for the most part. I think atm paladins and hero are in the worst spot but overall classes are pretty well balanced imo.
    • How broken some things in the game are. Mostly related to training maps like Shaolin and CDs where they completely overshadow every other option in their level range. I'm still surprised an area like Shaolin exists in a server that tries to be "v62". Leeching is also way too strong especially at 5-6 with dual mages. Getting 3 leechers each 40m + exp per hour with no rotation required is really absurd imo. Compared to a map like skeles where each leecher gets low-mid 20m exp per hour and requires quite a bit more effort.
    • How some bossing is imo dead content. Stuff like krexel, NT, and toad where the rewards aren't as good as I think they should be.
    • Lack of transparency around drop rates especially for events
    • Yes
    • Making other content relevant instead of centralizing everybody into a few maps. This was sort of done with ToT since PoT are relevant now which was a very good move imo. I think some QoL changes at ToT like a teleport system would make it even better. There's still a lot of areas I'd call completely dead though like omega, KFT, aqua, & el nath. Something like a quest ring is the easy solution imo since that requires some level of exploration.
    • Increasing rewards at bosses is also something I'd like to see. You shouldn't go into a boss run expecting to lose mesos which is what krexel, NT, and toad all are imo. Even Rav and Pap are better bosses than those 3 imo since they at least drop enough NPC fodder that you come out with a profit.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Titowam

Titowam Blue Snail

Feb 18, 2020
    Male
    Sweden
    Titowam
    I/L Wizard
    Active
    Earlier this year! Back in February I think.

I looked up MapleStory private servers without all of the new classes (preferably pre-Ereve) and found this pretty high up on one of those server lists. Can't remember which one..

Hoping to find new friends, and get a bit of nostalgia back! Explore the classes that I never got past level 30 in real MapleStory 10 years ago.

The nostalgic feeling of playing MapleStory.

I really wanna get to the third job advancement (my highest leveled character is 48 atm).

I like how much content there is! I used to play EMS a ton (because GMS was restricted over here) and I'm glad to have stuff like Amoria and Coke Town available. I'm also glad that stuff like HPQ and KPQ are available at the levels that were used back then, and not something ridiculous like level 80 for KPQ like in MapleStory nowadays.
    I also like the GM events, I wish there were more of those. We did that snowball event thing a few days ago and that was fun - it was nice seeing the GMs interact with people!

The obsession with HP washing and EXP leeching in the community, and apparently the newly introduced gambling audience. I just want everyone to play the game normally. Also it's kinda difficult with LPQ only being the real option between 35-50. You get burnt out pretty fast and there's always a lack of people there so you can't do LPQ during all times of the day. So lack of people in certain areas is definitely the biggest concern for me.
    EDIT; It also feels pretty slow to do LPQ in general. 30-50 takes a really long time compared to 1-30 (of course it's supposed to be harder but 1-30 felt quicker than going 35-37).

Since I took a break for 8 months and returned about a week ago, I haven't seen much changes except maybe a decline in people. But I'm glad to see more activity from the admins in-game. So yeah, the server has improved a bit.

More low level content. I know it's really difficult to add since you're trying to channel the old-school element of MapleStory but I feel hard-stuck on almost all on my characters just because I have no reasonable way to get up my level except for PQ which doesn't have many people at all anymore. I've done so many 30/35+ quests and it just feels like they give bare pennies in experience. I'd suggest maybe adjusting the experience on either some mobs or quests. Open up more possibilities to level outside of party quests. Of course I'd like to see more people, it'd be nice to not have to wait several hours to do LPQ (European scrub over here :() but you can't really drag people to join the server.
    Also, more server events! Whether it's a forum event, a holiday event or a GM event doesn't matter!

EDIT; Since someone suggested it in here, reworking the LPQ experience rewards would also be beneficial.

Keep up the good work!

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    1. Which year did you join MapleLegends? 2020
    2. How did you found/learn (about) MapleLegends? Searched for private maplestory servers, was looking for old-school style, relatively low exp modification, and free NX/cosmetics.
    3. What were your expectations going into playing MapleLegends? I was looking for a nostalgic experience. Previous private maplestory servers I have played were pay2win so I was expecting that as well.
    4. What made you continue playing? The community is extremely friendly and the way the system is set up to not be pay2win helps a lot. A lot of the features of this server were not present on other servers I have played and I found them to be the best experiences, such as the gacha system being from the monsters. The frequency and depth of the events that are done on this server are also great and motivate me to keep going.
    5. Do you have any goals that keep you going? I want to get multiple classes to 200 and beat pink bean.
    6. What do you like about MapleLegends (feature, content, etc)? I love the events. I love the gachas from drops. The exp rates are great. The cosmetics and hair styles offered are also great. The staff are very friendly and fun to talk to.
    7. Your least favourite thing about MapleLegends? (feature, content, etc)? Washing, or the amount of NX (voting time) needed to reach an HP goal.
    8. Compared to when you joined, do you think the server has improved? Yes, I feel like the staff carefully go over all feedback from the players and try to implement changes to better the game as often as they can.
    9. What would you really like to see added or changed in MapleLegends? I generally make suggestions in the suggestion thread when I think of things that can be added or changed. :)
    10. Anything else you would like to mention? I appreciate all your guys hard work to update the server and provide interesting events and content. It really goes a long way <3

11. Regie

Regie Orange Mushroom

Mar 15, 2015
    Clash City
    Diwa
    Dark Knight
    Aspect
    2015 BETA
    From KimberlyKimberly
    i exppected it to be a garbage server but then went pretty well. now im addicted.
    i got bored in a other Private server and so i decided to come back.
    nothing, really.
    The Toxic and Troll community! love it!
    MapleLegends itself.
    yes, alot.
    The add of more HP items.
    Since i really witnessed alot of new players quitting when they knew that they had really low HP.
    Making them really disappointed and unmotivated to go on. (mostly around lvl 100~140 NL/BM)
    So i do prefer to add more HP equipments like the Monster Book Ring. (maybe Belts? more event ring that dont expire? medal? Event Eye acc with HP? Quest that gives base HP?)
    Follow me on Instagram! :3

12. Tomja

Tomja Mano

Dec 2, 2020
    Male
    LaTraviata
    Bishop
    Neverland
    mid-June 2020

From my brother.

Little fun during covid until I find another single-player game on Steam to play.

a) Nostalgia
    b) As I leveled up, I wanted to achieve things I couldn't back then
    c) Once I hit 4th job, the community I was in became a huge deal. I chatted with them more, we did more things together.
    d) There are still more things to do in this game

Reaching higher levels, do all bosses present in this game with an attacker.

Strict but fair staff members. Sometimes they are slow responding to the tickets, but totally understandable.
    I love their love towards the server and the constant revision/update. They make the server alive.
    Also, compared to other private servers, this server seems very safe to invest my time.
    I also like @mapowner feature very much.

Some shit scammers and ill-mannered players, but that has nothing to do with the staff and the game.

I am still fairly new to the server, and I didn't really pay attention to what was going on while I was leveling.
    So I don't really know. I love the constant changes though.

As long as it does not destroy game balance or pay2win content, I would like to see any kind of addition.

Thank you for your hard work and dedication

• Like Like x 1
  13. EaForm

EaForm Snail

Jun 24, 2020
    EaEmages
    Cleric
    Through a friend
    Expecting it to be like GMS but slightly faster in leveling
    Expectations were exceeded and eventually the overall great community
    Continue to play with friends and new friends I meet
    mapowner is great
    Probably just me but as a shadower, I get declined for boss runs (CWK, Zak, HT, Krex, JC) as a 16x. General false perception of the class as very low dps?
    HP washing is optional but is kind of required for endgame, and I didn't know about it early on so it's a bit late to catch up unless I restart.
    Some of the more tedious quests require more work than rewards, causing people not to attempt them. I actually like doing quests but wish the exp reward was higher (the 3x is fine but base exp from the quest is less than desired)
    End game training maps are restricted to only a few
    I haven't played that long but it's been pretty good
    Added: re-buy option at NPCS
    Changed: Might be a long shot but maybe rework spawn on some maps to maybe allow for 4-6man parties training. Kind of miss that in the original GMS with big parties. Also allows for more alternative training maps.
    Overall MapleLegends has been positive and will continue to play

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. ddiski

ddiski Slime

Mar 10, 2020
    Male
    Netherlands
    Ddiski
    Hero
    Perion

The Games top 100 site

An oldschoolish experience.
    Went in for nogstalgia. Never had a character above lvl 32 back in the day so everything after that was for the old school experience.

- The community
    - Im having a lot of fun with the old school style of mmo. Slow leveling (i dont leech btw) finding out new things
    - Regular updates
    - Events
    - Did i mention the community yet? You guys are amazing
    - progress on my account seeing a character slowly grow feels amazing.

Currently im working on my xbowman these are my current goals
    - 3rd job
    - 4th job
    - hp washing till 18k
    - completing the monster book (T4 atm)
    - Slowly upgrading my gear
    - Looking forward to bossing in the far far future. (Going for slow and steady progress)

Maplelegends:
    - feels oldschool
    - Has an active team that works on the game
    - Has a team that takes the time to collect feedback en reflect on past updates/events
    - Has a team that genuinly cares about the server
    - has stable servers
    - has a nice community
    - Gets updated once every while
    - MONSTERBOOK
    - Has working quests with a 3x xp multiplier

-
    Personaly i dislike the concept of washing. I know why its needed to keep a server like this from becoming P2W.
    although i dislike washing, i dont want it removed. Its a part of the server and for most casual players its optional.

- I dislike the Owl system for the FM. It works but man its far from ideal. If you're looking for gear you have to scroll through pages and pages of items. Not something that i got a solution for but it slightly annoys me.

- Leeching. Again not something that needs to be changed in my opinion

-
    Tons of QOL updates
    - Communication from the team to the players. We even had a roadmap!

I would love some love for party play. Grinding with people around your level can be hella fun.
    Its quite hard to find parties to grind with. Everyting is so solo oriented. Leeching doesnt help with this at all.

I really appreciate the work and passion the team puts in the server.
    It makes it fun for me and for other players.

And this community is lovely!

• Like Like x 2
  15. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    9:05 PM
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    • Nov 2019.
    • Random googling on maple private server. I discovered royal and legends, chose legends in the end.
    • Nothing. I want to waste my holiday time away.
    • Re-experience my maple childhood lol (maybe "complete it" this time)
    • My childhood dream of doing most/all of the boss, or going through most/all the game content.
    • Same as above. (nowhere even close yet)
    • Gacha dropping from the mob instead of buying from cashshop. This is actually the main reason I chose legend in the very very early days when I have no idea on voting yet. It was like "hey I can get rich by just hitting mobs". After 1 year, I still rate this feature extremely highly.
    • No vote2win content.
    • Stable gaming environment. Staffs come and go, but the continuity is there.
    • Stable economy. Most of the item prices are "fair" (affordable)
    • Balanced classes. Of course there are still some better than others at certain things which is nature of the classes, but everything is mostly playable and not absolutely dogshit.
    • GMs are actually reachable and communications.
    • The washing thing if you start as a thief/bowman/pirate class first character. Being techinally possible is not a good excuse for washing to be optional.
    • The really heavy muling of characters. (Like 4th job mules. A lot of improvements are made regarding this already, but I would like to state it anyway).
    • New contents are always in the pipeline. I am probably not old enough to truely experience this, but with the recent PB and hearsay from the past. This is definitly an improvement.
    • Classes are being re-balanced as always.
    • Economy
    We are probably experiencing an aging population in ML after the baby boom in March/April. Now more players are looking at late game, the price of the more common late game items are going to keep on increasing. There needs to be a bit of thoughts if intervenion is needed (during christmas event) to keep the price of some items more stable/accessable like it was before (at a certain point) or just let free market do its part. Some intervention are really positive to the game overall, such as the 65% scrolls. While it definitely tanked the price of those scrolls and int equip (which made players unhappy), but it is a much necessary thing to make int equips cheaper and affordable to the new players at that time, which again links to HP washing.

Fix those purple capes omg. It is a meme now. The pink capes while price dropped, it is still "OK".
    • HP washing
    2 things. For the new players, and the current washers. And on the thought that hp washing is to stay.

The current AP reset is mostly only through voting, which makes washing a very long and time consuming thing to do. While this is a necessary evil to ensure the longevity of the game, it might be a bit too long in some cases, especially if you really wants to wash hard (not that this should be recommended). It has changed the game from a grinding to a waiting game of some sort. It might be considerable to introduce more in game ways to obtain (untradeable/tradable) resets in a small but regular number, just something to faster the reset process. Like the event where you can trade drop into resets, but perhaps at faster but capped rate. Even if limited to event only, but at least a much much better rate.

With the above point. It also help to reduce the "vote for 1 year while playing a mage" thing that the new players will be facing. It is something to make light washing (1-2 fresh ap wash) really accessable, but for the heavy washers that wants a 18k HP range attacker at lv190, they still have to vote for 1 to 2 years.
    • Event Rewards
    A bit more variation in the event raffle rewards. It can be late-game equips, tradable AP resets, game NX, rarer 30/60 scrolls.
    The capes (economy point) are getting kinda stale currently. It is becoming a CS/WS/4 wa cape or bust type of event raffle.

• Everyone along the way (doesn't matter if you are still playing this game or not) for making this maple experience possible.
    • I don't know is this is possible or not. But to disclose a bit more on how the donations are being used or planned to be used.

Maybe I will add more content when I am free on a random day (seems like this thread will actually be getting reads lol, i hope)
    Thanks to the maintance, i actually wrote quite a lengthy one. Bloody

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  16. TonyDaquore

TonyDaquore Orange Mushroom

Nov 2, 2017
    Male
    TonyDaquore
    Marksman
    DutchLegends

I was searching for a server like this via google. GMS didn't feel like the good game anymore and I needed nostalgia.

A lot of nostalgia and maybe a way to come further into pre-BB MS level/content than I came in the old days.

The fun I had with all the quests, PQs, the people I met and the fact that I wanted to relive the experience from back then, also at a higher lvl.

Mostly, completing all quests (which I honestly hope will be a never-ending journey, due to new(er) content/quests).

The community, the staff, all of the quests out there, the relatively low rates (compared to most of the other servers) and how stable the server is (dc is very rare over here).

HP washing and leeching

Yes, I really do. The post-v62 content and the content like Coke Town, Golden Temple, etc. is an example of what in my eyes are good improvements. Also the HD client is fantastic.

What else could I say than just more quests over time.
    I'm also a fan of more post-v62 content but only in a way that it will fit MapleLegends. for example, PQs like Dragon Rider or Hoblin King would be awesome. Theme Dungeons were horrible imo, but e.g. Mushroom Castle itself (if executed in another way, just like other already existing regions).

I want to thank all of you (the staff) for your great work so far and I'm hoping that this server will exist for years and years. Maybe I even want to help in the future, depending on the direction of the server.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    7:05 AM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta

Word of mouth through a IRL friend

My initial expectations were not very high, the private servers I played as a server were very buggy and cUsToM. However to my pleasant surprise legends was quite stable and nearly exactly like the oldschool GMS I remembered.

To put it simply it was an evolution of progressively ambitious goals. At first the goals were quite simple, just level a bishop to as high of a level as I can get and see where that goes. I had no intentions of making an attacker, or hp washing, or obtaining godly equips. But as time went on and I acheived the simple goals, the ones which took their place gradually got more and more ambitious. Eventually this led to 3x lvl 200 chars, 1k+ HT runs, sparking the HH mule revolution, summoning farming mannequins with akash and jdp, 4x t10 rings, 1k+ hours at ulu2/skeles/petris,and all the rest of the sweaty stuff.

I was trying to quietly die and quit the game, but unfortunately PB was released and I'm forced to return. The main current goals revolve around gathering resources to eventually go through the mw30/FS/timeless weapons upgrade that PB has introduced. My estimate is that about ~15-20b if probably necessary for this.

Some eventual side goals are,
    -get my HH mule to lvl 200 181/200
    -get my previously level locked mage to level 200 171/200 (should be 19x already if I didnt suicide smh)
    -leech my NL to 17x at ulu2 and perhaps eventually go for 200 on this one too

The most notation feature of ML for me is the fact that RWT and hacking is nearly non-existent. From what I hear the main ML competitor royals is by comparison absolutely overrun with hacking and rwt. I'm not exactly sure how staff has kept the server so relatively clean, but its pretty great.

In one of my deepest darkest hours, a wise man once told me ,
    "Game only rewards bad players."
    Not a day has gone by in these past 2 years where this phrase has not echoed in my mind, it is only this simple truth along with my infinite hatred for lucky players that keeps me going each day.

There are some ups and downs since I joined the server, but overall I would say it has improved.

Something I would like to see addressed is the inevitable decline of bossing as a viable means of making money.

How in the hell is one suppose to figure out that candy drop rates are lower when you have booster on? This is such an incredibly cUsToM feature that is completely unannounced. Its one thing to not release drop rates, but doing something like this is just dumb on so many levels.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. joota

joota Mr. Anchor Retired Staff

Jul 13, 2019
    Buccaneer
    Freelancer
    June 2019!

I think I saw a meme about Maplestory on Subtle Asian Traits SlimeGrin

Long brainless hours of grinding to surpass my level 75 Marauder in 2009 KMS (I think 3rd job was called buccaneer in KMS)

I was going to quit at level 80 on my Outlaw but then I found Mannequins (rip mannies SlimeCry)

Make more mules that will never be playable (snipe, HH, smokescreen mules) to finish my jootphabet of characters.
    I am currently done with joota-jootl and working on jootm-jootp (snipe). That leaves 10 spots for more HH mules/smokescreen mules SlimeSweat2.

I enjoy how active and surprisingly dedicated the community is.

There are too few 'meta' things to do for each class/level tier. I wish there were more fun things to do for each level tier.

Yes, the HD client alone was an amazing improvement! I also feel like balance-wise, every class is in a really good position which was still a work in progress when I first joined.

- More HP options (quest ring!)
    - NeoTokyo 2!!
    - PQ balancing (LPQ, MPQ, OPQ)
    - More JQs
    - JQ and Expedition score/leaderboards!

The staff works so hard in making this game an enjoyable experience. Please buff all staff splits by 75%

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Blu301

Blu301 Pac Pinky

May 20, 2019
    Male
    East Coast, USA
    Blu301
    Shadower
    Summer
    Spring 2019.

Googled "Maplestory for Mac" and never turned back.

I was just jonesing for the nostalgia on that particular day. Then the Maple login screen music slapped me back into its world. No expectations, was mostly just so excited to see it all again. I definitely didn't expect that I'd stick around for as long as I have, but I'm also not surprised because prior to ML I had been attached to another game that also ran through discord with a similarly sized and involved niche community. I liked that ML had those continuities, and it ended up being a better fit for me.

I had a very surreal experience my first couple months here, I still remember navigating the nostalgia. Not that everyone experiences it right away but the social warmth hits different, like people going out of their way to be friendly and helpful. It's such a stark difference from my limited experiences in online gaming communities. The longer I stuck around, the more the nostalgia wore off, but also the more I wanted to continue progressing with the friends I made along the way. There was just so much to do, and whatever we did was always a good time. The game really took off once I found a good circle of people to go through it with.

As long as I've been here, there's always been an event in progress or coming soon. I actually appreciate that so much, how the staff is constantly working so hard on their own time to fix bugs, maintain balance, stop clowns from clowning, provide fresh content, and create a crisp player experience. The stability of this server overall is wildly underrated. I've also always liked the balance between bringing back the OG Maple community experience and creating a deeply layered and engaging game for 20-something millennials.

I don't really have hard goals like that but I am working to finish a couple items for my shadower's gear set. I also really enjoy fighting the odds of RNG and scrolling things beyond the point of reason. But mostly I'm just excited to run whatever with friends. I particularly enjoy the new Pink Bean content very much, that's something I plan to continue participating in for a while. The same goes for streaming, I'm very glad I started recently because it is hella entertaining for me and lets me connect with so many new people.

That list would be long. I will say it feels to me like the game was meant to be the way we have it here.

I guess I dislike that bosses in general attack far more intermittently than they used to, as in with much lower frequency overall which makes bossing considerably easier, but I don't think that was necessarily a poor change either it's more of a preference thing for me.

Yes. Particularly because as the server population increased so drastically, the staff maintained balance on so many levels with great poise. I'm not saying things have always been perfect from the get, but staff anticipates and listens to community concerns and always seem to come through with creative and befitting balance solutions. I think the staff's attention to detail has just been on point ever since I started playing ML and that's a game changer.

Honestly, bringing back auto-aggro at all of the mannequin maps. I realize there are issues with people afk summon-farming on these kinds of maps, so maybe something needs to change in that regard, but I think making those 4 maps x 8 channels very viable meso-grind spots again for 3rd job-early 4th job players would be great for the economy and also declutter some of the other more contested maps.

Also - in ML discord, add a text channel that automatically sends out messages for streamers going live, or that lets streamers post themselves :) Think that would be a nice touch for both streamers and watchers.

<3 I dig this place

20. Binh

Binh Blue Snail

Oct 11, 2020
    Male
    8:05 AM
    Hagios
    Shadower
    I started in 2020.
    Looking for Mac compatible maple servers.
    Not much to be honest, but at least no d/c.
    The fact it feels so nostalgic and i made it past 20 which i couldn't when i played GMS back in middle school
    Yes, I wanna hit lv 200. Plus I got two co-workers to play.
    The community and how active the server is.
    Nothing I can think of. The game is great.
    I have only been playing for a couple of months but yes this server is always improving.
    Hmm, i cannot really think of anything sorry.
    We are maplestory boomers.