1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Zak DC topic

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Kimmy, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    9:08 AM
    Moderator Post
    Hi,

I've got a question. What's the most important "effects" from Zak? What I want do is make an official "reduced GFX" .wz that reduces effects from Zak for users using NVIDIA and DC a lot from Zak.

However, I know some effects need to stay because people need them to know what attack Zak does, such as the 1/1 attack.

If you are a Zak runner and DC a lot, read below

If you could remove effects that are useless to reduce your chance to DC, what would you want removed? Basically, the reason why people DC from Zak is because a lot of flashy effects are going on and there's a client bug with specific GFX cards that cause DC's and what not.

I can only do it for the Zak mob, meaning things like removing your skill effects while zakking is not the way to go, unless I can do some sort of global GFX reduce alternative .wz, but not right now, because it takes long bit.

Note: This is a unconfirmed idea because I don't DC as often in Zak runs, so this needs experimenting.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    8:08 AM
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    Every effect has an attack behind it from what I know.

But if I had to remove some...

A few attacks that don't 1 hit you can removed I think, due to people usually watching their HP bars / using Pet auto pot.
    As long as it doesn't 1 hit the player, I'm sure the invulnerability that being hit gives you, is enough time to notice the lack of HP and re-pot.

Example of something that could be removed without having a major impact on the runs:

The Ice pillars that come out of the floor aren't really needed, since they don't instantly hit you, they give you a warning for a small amount of damage.

[​IMG]

On another note, I wouldn't remove the falling pieces of rock or anything that can be dodged frequently.
    If you fail to dodge some of the effects you get stunned, I'd rather not have random invisible stuns falling randomly 24/7.

Just my input, question me or correct me. tenq.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    Id say the effects of monster summons or w.att/m.att cancels aren't needed. They don't hit you and the effect is pretty obvious.

4. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    3:08 AM
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    It's ironic that newer GFX cards have trouble with a 6 y/o version of a game lol.

Really only the cancel m.atk/w.atk gfx are the only ones that are needed. Considering how zak is run no one other that sairs really avidly avoids attacks. Sairs only need to see the bottom pillars to know when to dismounts their ship so you could even get rid of the pillar falling animation.

I don't have gfx problems so it'll be sad to see these go but it's beyond annoying when people DC so I'll live MapleF3

5. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    3:08 PM
    Is the effect removal going to be custom wz files? So those with no DC issues can still enjoy all the animations.

6. Latte

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    I didn't think about this, that would be amazing.

7. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Yes, separate .wz

Official full files will have all things, other can have an alternative "NVIDIA sucks version" with a lot of effects removed on forums or something.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
  8. zook

zook Capt. Latanica

Apr 12, 2015
    Male
    Around
    Candy
    Night Lord
    ~ ~ ~
    when zak summons mobs

9. Glycys

Glycys Chronos

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Glycys
    Bishop
    Horizon
    Can you make the .wz optional since some of us don't have shitty computers? Kappa

10. Latte

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    Ironically I have a pretty crappy laptop and it gives me absolutely no issues with maple. I'm guessing that has something to do with the laptop being almost as old as this version of maple kek.

11. Sandy

Sandy Slime

Apr 8, 2015
    Female
    I got an idea
    HOW ABOUT REWARPS WHEN DC WITHIN A 1MINUTE TIMELINE???
    Its not a big deal just do it f3
    After 1min ur out. This is good bcus if it takes longer than 1min its most likely bcus of computer issues such a blue screens. Itd be fair to rewarp dces such as server dcs or dcs due to skillz

12. Latte

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    Here's the thing, the servers goal is to provide an AS CLOSE to GMS experience as possible. In GMS if you DC'd that was your problem, same goes here. It's nice of the staff to even consider a possible solution for players that DC due to GFX issues.

13. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    8:08 AM
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    The reason they don't warp is because it shouldn't be allowed. It never was on GMS.

Another huge reason which I agree with is that once we get A LOT of partys running zak, there won't always be a GM online to warp dcers. This means people will be treated unfairly, so the best thing to do is to make it so no one gets a warp.

I've been on over 30+ successful Zakum runs, people rarely dc anyway so this isn't a huge deal.

If people do DC A LOT. Then its not worth zaking and you should get a better computer (Pref not a MAC) or get a different graphics card :/

• Like Like x 1
  14. Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    I can play Maple just fine on my shittiest of shit laptop from 2006/07 or something, it's just because AMD masterrace...

Also, no one here uses VMware or any other kind of virtual machine..? That's probably the easiest way around it lol

15. Sam_Vosh

Sam_Vosh Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Jan 24, 2015
    Female
    Somewhere over a fictional rainbow
    SamVosh
    Bowmaster
    Halcyon
    In the dozens of times I've done Zak runs and providing rewarps when Zak wasn't instanced yet. Most DC's happen upon the changing of the body. Like from body 1 to 2, and from 2 to 3. During which there are very little effects going on. There is a small animation of Zak 'changing' body. Like the animations of pieces of Zak falling off. That could be removed. So here is my suggestion;

During body changes, tho, there could be Zak attacks going on like the lightning strikes, the totem drops and the 1/1. These can happen during the changing of the body, possibly conflicting with what happens when and all that sort of stuff (null pointer exceptions which Neckson handles in the Neckson way). So it might be an idea to give each body like 2 to 3 million more HP. But during those last few million HP, the attacks stop. (This might also allow for bathroom breaks for when the Zruns turn extra long)

You could also remove the body movements during body 1,2 and 3. They're kind of useless. Of course the 1/1 effect should be maintained. But that might be seperate sprites. Other effects during the arms could be removed, such as the Fire Arrow Rain, the Ice attack which is more annoying then needing to be dodged.

16. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    The reason it happens during new body is because when the client gets in buggy state (buggy state is GFX start missing, when you alt tab you black screen), an other side effect is that your client instant crashes if a mob changes to a different mob, so the animation of body changing is IMO irrelevant to why many crash during that state. This is also why its highly suggested to GFX right before a body dies.