1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Zakum Jump Quest

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by damon182, Nov 17, 2021.

1. damon182

damon182 Brown Teddy

Apr 13, 2021
    Male
    9:42 AM
    SendMeDOGE
    Shadower
    I know for most of you this shit is easy. But I'm trash at jump quests (I spent 6 hours on the ZJQ and only got halfway through the first map), and skills being locked behind a dumb jump quest is stupid.

You may say "oh that's how old maplestory was", but did V62 Maplestory have CWKPQ? The server in its nature is not traditonal to V62. So I Suggest a way gets added to 'skip' the zakum jq.

I propose a 100m fee to skip the JQ for that character's lifetime (not account, just character)

Pros:
    -Removes mesos from the game
    -Decreases inflation
    -Friendlier to noobs
    -I can make a NL/pally

Cons:
    -Literally none

This proposed mechanic will allow people like myself and others to actually make characters that have skills locked behind zakum, without having to break the rules of the game. ZJQ services are a real thing, I have never used one, but believe me they do exist. This will give a way for people who are ungodly bad at jump quests to actually create characters who CAN ENDGAME.

This is not a suggestion to remove the JQ just maybe add an alternative for the smooth-brains like myself who have wasted legit days of in-game time attempting it.

• Disagree Disagree x 15
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    3:42 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    Just watch a guide and practice, it's not rocket science.

Also; when it comes to you being aware of ZJQ services, you'd probably be better off reporting those than publicly acknowledging that you're aware of them existing but keeping quietOnionF6

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. OP
    OP
    damon182

damon182 Brown Teddy

Apr 13, 2021
    Male
    SendMeDOGE
    Shadower
    I watched guides bruh, and btw the only people I knew who would do a ZJQ service weren't even people who played ML so who TF am I going to report???????????

4. Healer

Healer Windraider

Apr 26, 2015
    Male
    4:42 PM
    You can just skip zakum prequests and do the scarlion/targa ones or the ravana ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    damon182

damon182 Brown Teddy

Apr 13, 2021
    Male
    SendMeDOGE
    Shadower
    how do I make a decent pally without ACB?

6. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Not if they need a skillbook from ZakOnionMuha

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Healer

Healer Windraider

Apr 26, 2015
    Male
    4:42 PM
    Easy...Don't make one, they're bad anyway Foxpat

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    damon182

damon182 Brown Teddy

Apr 13, 2021
    Male
    SendMeDOGE
    Shadower
    This is exactly my point, no one with any sort of skill in JQ will pay 100m to skip one. But if it is a necessity for that class, a dumbass like me who cant do it, would happily pay 100m. people seem to lose perspective that not everyone is exactly as skilled as they are.

9. OP
    OP
    damon182

damon182 Brown Teddy

Apr 13, 2021
    Male
    SendMeDOGE
    Shadower
    So do you want every single player to do whats 100% efficient instead of having fun? if everyone was 100% efficient there would be no classes besides mages.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    This would apply if ZJQ didn't have an incredibly low skill floor. You don't have to be some mechanical god to complete ZJQ, you just have to look at falling rocks and follow instructions on when you press two keys.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. OP
    OP
    damon182

damon182 Brown Teddy

Apr 13, 2021
    Male
    SendMeDOGE
    Shadower
    I understand that by most JQ standards its not that hard. But I'm trash at JQ, and that is just the way it is.

The thing is ZJQ is literally the one JQ that is REQUIRED for certain classes and imo I find it disheartening that they are locked behind a JQ.
    a NL without triple throw isn't a NL
    a pally without ACB isn't a pally
    a hero without advanced combo isn't a hero
    etc..........

12. OP
    OP
    damon182

damon182 Brown Teddy

Apr 13, 2021
    Male
    SendMeDOGE
    Shadower
    The thing I think people may be missing is: nobody in their right mind would pay 100m to skip the JQ unless they just suck at it and can't.

Edit: On a server this developed, that is already hard to get your footing in, having classes locked behind being able to complete a JQ just seems like it may push people away

13. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    I actually think this is a decent request as 100m is way too much and only the extremely desperate players would end up paying it.

But also... LUL if you can't do the zak jq OnionMuha

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. OP
    OP
    damon182

damon182 Brown Teddy

Apr 13, 2021
    Male
    SendMeDOGE
    Shadower
    TY for the support
    if you were to watch me try to do ZJQ you would be shocked
    in 6h I couldn't even get to the second map. IMO I would gladly pay 100m to save potentially 6h+

Edit: also the only extremely desperate players who choose to abide by the rules will suffer. ML services such as ZJQ already exist and they are typically not done by active players. Now I play this game for fun, so I don't want to break rules. But if you were to actually look at the cost of a ZJQ service (I have had people offer me) it's by far less than the RWT price of 100m. So this would only give people reason to stick to the rules of the game

Edit2: any active players who have offered me ZJQ services I have reported just fyi. The vast majority have been people who have been banned. $x=ZJQ: for any clarification as to why I can't just report them

15. Ferluci

Ferluci Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    Ferluci
    Bishop
    I watch this video everytime.

Man if u can't do it with that video im not sure what to say. It really isn't hard. Takes some time first time ye, but hard, no.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Winnie

Winnie Timer

Feb 22, 2020
    9:42 PM
    Bishop
    -
    You only need to complete the pre-quest once & you can just buy EOF whenever for run so why character's lifetime
    100m is alot , i don't know if it's "friendlier to noobs"
    I don't have any data but I'm pretttyyyy sure majority of the player can do this JQ & mosttttt can complete it within an hour so i'm not sure how many people will even use this feature.
    Also.... This will definitely not help with inflation...

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. SmellyCat

SmellyCat Orange Mushroom

Jun 9, 2021
    Bowmaster
    I suppose I am in the minority given others post. It takes me generally 3 hours to complete the jump quest which is why I understand the damon182 frustration. Much like them I tend to be a little discouraged to make classes that require zakum because of the pre-requisite. I would prefer a system in which I did it once on my account and I could pay a fee to not have to suffer through it multiple times should I make other characters on said account.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Snork

Snork Capt. Latanica

Feb 19, 2018
    Snorf
    Paladin
    Lore
    Why should shortcuts be added to skip actually playing the game? I think this is a ridiculous suggestion...

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Rapskal

Rapskal Chronos

Nov 1, 2017
    Male
    11:42 PM
    Rapskal
    Night Lord
    Lost
    I don't think this is a shortcut when gaining 100m is almost always way way more effort than the jump quest. It's offering a different route to getting something, just like how the 4th job advance lets you choose between killing manon and griffey or paying 10m. In my opinion, no aspect of maple was designed to be difficult enough to be genuinely problematic to players, and this suggestion would fit the game pretty well

• Agree Agree x 6
  20. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    Personally don't have any problems with zjq but after they added a shortcut to toad why not zak as well? Toad jq is like 10000x easier than zak and can be done in like 1-2 minutes easily but that deserved a shortcut for some reason.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1