1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Zakum questions

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by Noxa, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Noxa

Noxa Slime

Jun 26, 2017
    9:06 AM
    Hey, just had a few questions about zakum services that I often see being smega'd about:

1) Which guilds are trusted to do these services?
    2) Does free re-loot mean you can get another helm in the same run? Why is this free?
    3) I've seen prices from 15m to 20m to 25m. Are the cheaper ones due to less trusted guilds doing the runs?

Thanks!

2. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    7:06 AM
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    1) Beaters does runs :)

2) Yes, depending on availability, you'll be able to re-loot another helmet if you got one with unfavourable stats. The reason why this is offered is because of competition between various selling groups. Free re-loots initially started out as an extra incentive offer by certain groups to gain an edge over competition and has since become a standard offering. Do keep in mind that most runs will have a minimum of two helm buyers. Some groups may offer an exclusive VIP package, though terms will vary.

3) Different groups will have different tolerance for how low they're willing to go on individual helm prices. Some groups will still be able to maintain a decent profit margin with lower prices while other groups don't see it as worth their time (Zak is quite an annoying boss to do).

At this point in time, I haven't heard of any "untrustworthy" groups on the market. You're pretty much good to go buying from any of the larger guilds.

3. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    1. I can vouch for all of the Flavors alliance, unless someone wants to mess up 3 years of good reputation.
    2. Yes, and because sometimes you get a crappy one. .
    3. Not really, just go for low. Prices are sometimes higher if they offer free re-loots though.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Stow

Stow Mixed Golem

Apr 30, 2017
    9:06 PM
    Dazzle
    Magician
    you can always report scammers to GMs (and get reported for scamming if you didn't pay after looting a helm), so just go for whichever service you think is most worth for you.

5. Hyuga

Hyuga Mr. Anchor

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    1:06 PM
    Proud leader of Aeon
    Everyone and their cats and dogs can run zakum, reason for cheap prices is due to too much supply and not so much demand. Free reloots are the same reason, no1 willing to pay for reloots cos no demand and way too much supply.

6. RICEDUCK

RICEDUCK Chronos

Nov 30, 2017
    Female
    RICEDUCK/MISHKA
    Night Lord
    Tempus
    1) Which guilds are trusted to do these services?

There are many guilds that offer fast and good services, I'd say Muse and Beaters are some of the top.

However many guilds do not run daily or have scheduled days that they run, you can choose to run on the days that they have their scheduled runs.

2) Does free re-loot mean you can get another helm in the same run? Why is this free?

Yes, as nanop33 explained, the stats are RNG and you wouldn't be able to see it unless you picked it up. Before people charged 2-5 mil per helm reloot, but we all understand how much it sucks when you pay for a service and you get a bad helmet and you have to pay again.

3) I've seen prices from 15m to 20m to 25m. Are the cheaper ones due to less trusted guilds doing the runs?

It's not about being less trusted or more trusted, it's about the quality of the run. The cheap runs can be sometimes poorly organized, and take a long time 45min+, may not provide hb + hp gear, etc

With that being said, I do host daily Zak runs and it takes 25-30 mins per run with hp gear + hb provided :)

7. shot

shot Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    8:06 AM
    sh0t/Davi
    Buccaneer
    Honor
    Yea, the general rule of thumb is you get what you pay for. For example, if you are the only looter for zak helm and you are paying 15m, expect runs to take longer and more prone to die because that usually means there are less attackers in a party. So what I would recommend is to find 1-2 other buyers that are also interested in zhelm because then the host can afford more attackers and proper dedicated hb/healing service, making the runs more efficient.

OR

I know most guilds hand out free/heavily discounted zak helms to people in same alliance. So if you join those guilds, maybe you can get the helmet for no cost at all (tho you might not be guaranteed get desired timing or hb/heal since its purely voluntary)

8. BAPE

BAPE Orange Mushroom

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    NYC
    Fame
    Night Lord
    Clout
    1) Beaters = OnionCry <-- Lol that hand movement though
    2) Free Re-loot is mostly on the next or upcoming runs with open slots to fit you in. But there are guilds that will let you reloot the same run, just charge you extra for the 100% guarantee policy no refunds though.
    3) Some people have the name, so they charge more cause they know they are trusted. Some are new or just too bored and is willing to go for that low 15m mark. Life's a hustle.

• Agree Agree x 1