1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Transportation VIP Pass for Donors

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Charizard, Jun 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charizard

Charizard Red Snail

Jun 3, 2015
    Male
    12:19 AM
    Beginner
    Hello, I'm pretty new to this server, so feel free to bash my suggestion to make life easier.

Suggestion: Create a reusable VIP Pass for donors only that allow them to skip GMS-like transportation (boats, subways, etc.) for a set period of time.

Reasons: This is another incentive for me to pay for the server. You can argue that waiting 30 minutes to get from Vic Island to Ludibrium is nostalgic and a must. In that case, don't buy the donor pass, and go wait on your boats. I will always argue that it is a waste of time, and I would rather pay not to wait.

Yes this item is similar to VIP teleport rocks, it's not a rock because it's only allowing you to bypass the boats and not to teleport to any map and such. Also VIP teleport rocks are very expensive (6 uses for 9000NX? No thanks. But unlimited uses for 7 days for 5000cash? Sure.)

2. Reptar

Reptar Timer

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    California
    9:19 AM
    Reptar
    I/L Wizard
    Horizon
    As much as I'd prefer being able to skip the boats something like this will probably never happen. They make it pretty clear here they aren't going to add anything into the donor tab that isn't cosmetic. They don't want non donators to feel like they need to donate to enjoy the server.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    Donations will never be used for anything that gives players an advatange in this server, including time savers like this.

We also have ample donations already, there isn't a strong need to encourage more donations, but even if there were, it is unlikely they will utilise such methods to entice people to donate. Kim has also mentioned that money will never be a problem.

Nostalgia in general is also not about simply choosing to do something, often it is the fact that everyone has no choice but to do it. To quote an example I used elsewhere, if cubes and potentials were introduced here, would you still call it nostalgic if you choose not to use them and struggle to beat bosses like Zak and HT while other players are solo-ing them in minutes? (Exaggerated analogy, but the ideas are similar)

4. Poofcakes

Poofcakes Pizzatarian Retired Staff

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    6:19 PM
    I was like "nope" as soon as I read the "for donors" part.
    Donors will never get an advantage over other players here. The end.

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Charizard

Charizard Red Snail

Jun 3, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    How does this give an advantage to players? Saving time is not an in-game advantage; it is a real-life advantage, something we all partake in. (Have you forgotten?) Sure you could have more time to invest to leveling, or you could choose to spend that time with your family or go outside or basically do anything. In fact boat time does not even have to equate to "wasted time," I could go out and buy a pizza while I'm on the boat, and I would not be "wasting time." This suggestion merely gives people the power to choose what they want to do with their time, which is something I find attractive and useful to the point where I would pay for it.

Honestly, when I go on a boat, I just tab out to YouTube/Reddit and it's over before I know it.

Also this does not harm your precious notion of nostalgia. I get it, that's why you're here, that's why I'm here, and in no way does this impact the nostalgia of the game. Is there any damage change associated with transportation? Does it change your health bar, does it add new classes, does it raise monster exp or other rates at all? Your idea is not similar at all because your analogy implements changes to the fundamental mechanics to the combat and rewards system. Transportation does not fall in either category, it is simply an added feature (similar to cosmetics) that I believe you should have the power the control. (Therefore, I disagree with Bulba, and I believe this is a method of choice for encouraging donations if needed.)

The difference between 12-year-old me and 22-year-old me is that 22 year old me is working, has responsibilities, (has money to spend), yet wants to play a game from his childhood--not sit on a subway to go to NLC. Although I do like that box of pizza I get everytime I go to Orbis.

And sorry Bulba, but you are not in charge of the finances of this server. Please do not say "we" to speak for the community because I am part of the community as well, and your opinion does not reflect everyone's (proof: it does not reflect mine). The only opinion that matters is Kim's, and if one day she wants to encourage more donations, do not make it harder for her to do so by pressuring her against it. Okay, if money is not a deal, then fine; don't make this for donors only, make it for everyone. But I am saying that money is always beneficial to the people that pay the bills (which is not you). I am not trying to speak for Kim either, but I find it dangerous that you are trying. Instead, just say "Kim has stated before that money is not an issue, so I do not think she is looking to implement donor-only suggestions."

6. Reptar

Reptar Timer

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    California
    Reptar
    I/L Wizard
    Horizon
    You answered your own question homie.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    if i could travel without delay i would be farming mini bosses pretty hard.

8. OP
    OP
    Charizard

Charizard Red Snail

Jun 3, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    Poorly worded on my behalf. You don't get more time to level, you just rearrange the time you have. What you choose to do with your time is not my business

9. Reptar

Reptar Timer

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    California
    Reptar
    I/L Wizard
    Horizon
    Nah dude you were right the first time. Personally I just alt tab and watch an episode of One Piece or play a game of Hearthstone. You're better off making a new suggestion that let's all players bypass the wait instead of just donators.

10. Bulba

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    Kindly pardon my wording. I use "we" often to refer to the server since it is easier to type, and not necessarily referring to the opinions of the community, I would state that explicitly. The statements about finances are more or less quotes from Kim in a way from other sources (you can ignore what I said cause I don't wanna dig around for them right now). I noticed now you did not mention Nostalgia in your first post (I assumed that by mistake/habit), so I shouldn't have brought it up.

I see time saving as an advantage, similar to how theme park visitors have to queue for rides while VIP pass holders gets to jump queue. Not having to wait in line is definitely portrayed as a benefit of buying the pass. I do like the server to remain challenging for all players by not giving an option to skip ships, just like how we all have to roll the dice at the start.

Some quests also utilise the travelling time to make themselves feel harder. If you find a way to skirt the boredom (which is probably what Neckson expected you to do), then that's a good solution to the problem already.

The prices of VIP rocks were raised to discourage excessive convenience, so if an option to skip ships were introduced, it is likely going to be very expensive and an probably double up as a meso sink to further justify its addition.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    5:19 PM
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    By challenging i'm going to assume you mean afking on the boat.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    For donators? No. Give everyone the option to skip boats altogether? Yes. But that's just me being lazy OnionBlush

13. Bulba

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    It is still time spent waiting :)

It's not challenging per se, but all the little things add up to make the server challenging as a whole.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
  14. Infidel

Infidel Capt. Latanica

Apr 4, 2015
    Male
    USA
    12:19 PM
    Infidel / Duke
    Priest, Hunter
    FaerieCircle
    Ample donations? What are they being used on?

15. Bulba

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    You'll have to ask Kim for that. Don't know if we're using it for anything other than VPS fees at the moment.

16. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    12:19 PM
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    This wouldn't go through even if I agreed with since the staff is against "p2w".

17. Stas.

Stas. Windraider

Mar 27, 2015
    Male
    Tel-Aviv, Israel
    7:19 PM
    Everyone can pay 1$ thoes days to get donor rank.
    But there is few people that really cant , so it makes the donor rank unfair

18. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    Moderator Post
    If something like this gets added, it would be for everyone. But right now, I have no interest to add it for either.

Rejected.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.