1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Grand Gachapon thread

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Kimmy, Dec 8, 2015.

Gachapon changes: READ TOPIC

Poll closed Dec 15, 2015.
  1. A2

44.3%
  2. A3

15.8%
  3. A3B

6.6%
  4. A4

6.0%
  5. B (please post in topic, read B description)

16.4%
  6. C

4.9%
  7. Other (please post in topic, read Other description)

6.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SwordArt

SwordArt Windraider

Jun 18, 2015
    Male
    1:33 PM
    Paladin
    shameless promotion I leech people at bigfoot for free hmu in game ign "SwordArt"

• Like Like x 1
  2. Andyman99999

Andyman99999 Pac Pinky

Oct 9, 2015
    Male
    3:33 PM
    Andyman99999
    Hero
    Misfits
    Oh sorry, I was referring to using power guard to leech much lower levels on bigfoot so they can power level. I wasn't specific enough though. Oh yeah, we should be able to that at skeles as well. Really takes the point out of people actually training though. More realistic to what v62 was though.

3. Martin

Martin Selkie Jr.

May 6, 2015
    9:33 PM
    Retired legendary player
    tfw cant scroll STR overall beacuse theres no oa str 30s in fm, and all i can do is sit on my butt and vote for gach tickets. but if i gach i cant HP wash, and if i cant HP wash i cant do ht :^| Too bad i cant get up and farm those scrolls FeelsBadMan

• Like Like x 9
  4. thuyzinho

thuyzinho Horny Mushroom

Sep 19, 2015
    Male
    4:33 PM
    Dragon Knight
    FaerieCircle
    sold an oa str 60% 2 min ago

5. rewyuio

rewyuio Selkie Jr.

Jul 2, 2015
    Male
    2:33 PM
    Wicked,HolySpirit
    Dark Knight
    High,Project
    See AutoassembleAutoassemble LosjLosj SwordArtSwordArt ShavedShaved these guys can definitely clear nearly as fast as bishop, all of them getting near bishop level exp. you have yet to prove anything. Just about everyone at 120+ here has had more than 7 years experience. Maybe if you used your "knowledge" and stopped wasting time complaing here about content you have yet to do and see, you too could compete. But here you are, a low mid tier player complainin insteaad of trainin.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Andyman99999

Andyman99999 Pac Pinky

Oct 9, 2015
    Male
    Andyman99999
    Hero
    Misfits
    Love how you say low mid-tier. You don't even know me. Train, I already complained about the problems with training right now. Besides, most people end up leeching. Even I'm guilty of getting some leech from a Bishop. I don't BEG for leech. I quit for about a month and a half because I got bored. I quit before the first Zakum solo. I don't think my time on the forums is wasting time discussing an issue is a bad thing. I played dexless as my first character until around level 90 (I have a screenshot that I uploaded on Steam):
    http://images.akamai.steamuserconte...501/80982AF5D8A4D1AC2FED0238ECE0E6AE9B73B556/
    I could have stayed dexless if I had really wanted to. I just didn't want to be outdamaged by someone using a stonetooth. Keep in mind that this was my first character ever made on the server. I was lucky enough for someone to give me a mil at around lvl 25ish. Other then that, I've purchased all of my equips including Next's RK (60 mil @ 107 attack? Myabe 106 I forget). Point is, you have no clue what you're talking about when you say you know me. Are you even aware that you can use NLC scrolls in Amoria? Almost none of the community knows this after all of these years. I would know because I've told quite a few people about it.

Why don't we all post a video showing their epm at skeles. I would love to see this. Prove to me that they get almost about the same amount of xp, and I will STOP complaining. All I ask is for evidence, not words. I really want to see a Hero or a BM/MM/Paladin clear as fast or nearly as fast. It only takes around an hour to make a video. The other thing is, start from the bottom and work your way up the map. Obviously going down would be faster, but we'll multiply the average by a fair 1.5x exp, saying you can jump down the map to clear it roughly twice as fast. Going up the map, we're saying you're killing at 1/2 your normal speed then jumping down. (Climbing obviously). Is this so much to ask for? You can't just jump down all of the ledges and call it, "well I almost made as much exp as a Bishop". To have a more accurate test, you would have to go up as well.
    As for now, I'm going to be training my mage to 120 so I can make a video of my EPM at different levels just to prove a point. I can work on getting my crusader to Hero eventually. I would rather do this mage first.
    Oh yeah, make sure the Bishop doesn't use HS.
    Crusader:
    Andyman99999
    Magician:
    AndyBishes
    12/12/2015

7. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Not going to address your other points, but this is false and blatantly misleading. Most of the high level community is aware of this and have been since when they started on the server. Not a very good metric for judging our community.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
  8. Andyman99999

Andyman99999 Pac Pinky

Oct 9, 2015
    Male
    Andyman99999
    Hero
    Misfits
    I haven't met anyone else who said it. I posted how to do it in a couple different guilds. I haven't met too many people who knew how to do it. I don't think it's misleading. I'm not talking about the higher level community. I'm talking about the majority (aka the lower levels as in under 120).

9. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Sure, but the person you're trying to discredit with that statement belongs to the high level community.

10. Andyman99999

Andyman99999 Pac Pinky

Oct 9, 2015
    Male
    Andyman99999
    Hero
    Misfits
    I do believe the majority of the community is the lower levels. Then again, if you factor mule accounts in... I still believe it's the majority still...

11. Losj

Losj Capt. Latanica

Apr 28, 2015
    Dark Knight
    Project
    http://www.twitch.tv/losj1991
    Fastest Zakum runs on the server.
    Coolest farming tips on the server.

Come hang out and have some fun with people instead of arguing about balance this and that all the time :)

I get it Hero is hard to start out with but so are all other classes as well besides Bishops. Welcome to the club ^^

• Like Like x 1
  12. tyys1337

tyys1337 Master Chronos

Jul 7, 2015
    Male
    tyys1337
    Assassin
    Decent
    KimberlyKimberly
    So WHEN will all dark scrolls Added to mobs ? ( end game gear ) probably give it a try soon ?! Like this Week ?
    I would like to See that since we wait for it like months.
    atleast a Status Update ?
    Peace

• Like Like x 1
  13. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Expect an action by December 22.

• Like Like x 1
  14. tyys1337

tyys1337 Master Chronos

Jul 7, 2015
    Male
    tyys1337
    Assassin
    Decent
  15. rewyuio

rewyuio Selkie Jr.

Jul 2, 2015
    Male
    2:33 PM
    Wicked,HolySpirit
    Dark Knight
    High,Project
    First off, when people train at upper levels, its with a bishop. Otherwise they do bosses instead of skele and or farm as bossing brings slightly less than skeles with a bishop. Secondly, you failed to realize that all these upper level players have bishops to train with, solo epm isnt even required. Thirdly, that exp statement was refering as if an attacker was bottom and a bishop was top, which you seemed to not have unstand due to, once again, the lack of late game knowledge. Wow, nlc in amoria, lets bring up a useless fact that just about everyone knows so i can sound knowledgeable! Dont be telling me that attackers cant obtain near bishop level exp, as they definitely can, even with the poor gear of the server. And for fck sake, i trained to level 122 without a zhelm and 80 base int, dont tell me you cant do the same. I took literally 5 levels of leech in my time to 120 all of which were 110+ and i paid for it with the time i spent farming.

Attached Files:

16. Number32

Number32 Skelegon Retired Staff

Jul 3, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Smores
    Bishop
    Demure
    First off, this is false. The soon to be #1 Shad has grinded solo for a lot of her lvls (JoyJoy ) This si just one example and I'm pretty sure there are more.

17. Autoassemble

Autoassemble Selkie Jr.

Apr 14, 2015
    Male
    8:33 PM
    iDummie
    Thief
    True enough. Two competent attackers can achieve almost the same epm as attacker/bishop combo with a hsmule, but this thread is getting so sidetracked. Can we get back on topic please?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Gi

Gi Windraider

Dec 29, 2014
    Male
    [Reminder] About two more days left on the poll, and in extend the thread.

If you still wish to contribute to, or re-iterate on, this topic now is the time.

19. Autoassemble

Autoassemble Selkie Jr.

Apr 14, 2015
    Male
    8:33 PM
    iDummie
    Thief
    To sum up the discussion from shoutbox earlier:
    I voted A2 because I believe it will be the best option for progression on the server. A good implementation of A2 will let the server be more attractive for new players while still allowing for progression for the long term players.

Breakdown of what I consider the optimal way to distribute loot:
    *End-game items drops from end-game monsters (best option probubly ToT mobs). (white scroll, chaos scroll, pac, pgc, puac, yac, sky-skii, elemental wands, d-khanjar, etc.)
    The above "drops" could instead be added through an exchange npc using pieces of time (idea courtesy of GiGi)

*All scrolls that are currently only obtainable through gach should be distributed as drops from mobs across the game, BUT it is very important to separate good grinding spots from good farming spots. This means that mobs which are considered good spots for grinding should not also allow the player to farm for valuable scrolls.

• Like Like x 9
  20. dumbledore

dumbledore Capt. Latanica

Oct 11, 2015
    Male
    Hogwarts
    dumbledore
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I agree with this. When you let monsters with less grinding potential drop some rare equips, people will decide to not go only for a good grind (which could be boring after some lvls).

• Like Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.