1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

We need a brainstorm thread to make the island more active.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Liprings, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Andyman99999

Andyman99999 Pac Pinky

Oct 9, 2015
    Male
    7:42 AM
    Andyman99999
    Hero
    Misfits
    LOL, and it's challenging being a lvl 50 + playing on it? You should be killing everything in one hit by then? Not sure how more content would make you get bored.

2. Bella

Bella Mixed Golem

Nov 7, 2015
    Female
    9:42 PM
    attach
    F/P Arch Mage
    ethereaI
    More content (such as mini-bosses or new scrolls / items) kind of defeats the purpose of being an islander. It's also important to note that the island is never going to have a booming population, as islanders really are a niche class.

I've only just joined the sever, so I have no idea if this is already a done thing, but ensuring islanders are included in events is pretty important for me (EG: There should be Christmas / Halloween NPC's placed temporarily on the island during event times so islanders can trade in their collected 'snow' or whatever for the event goodies).

This next point is probably very much my own opinion, but I think being able to customize hair / face would assist in making islanders more appealing. I honestly wanted to join Legends and play as an islander quite a while ago, but the lack of hair / face customization is what held me back (I'm so vain, ahhahah!). It doesn't really affect game play, so I don't see the harm in it.

• Like Like x 2
  3. OP
    OP
    Liprings

Liprings Mushmom

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    6:42 AM
    Tonk
    Islander
    I already ohko, anything else is just flare.

4. IoIzor

IoIzor Capt. Latanica

Jun 8, 2015
    1:42 PM
    Islander
    50+ is when the challenge starts, tyvm.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
    • Like Like x 4
  5. Adrian

Adrian Slime

Feb 28, 2015
    Male
    Australia
    Zeph
    Islander
    This is something that, I too, feel is necessary to improve the interest in playing an islander on this server.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Andyman99999

Andyman99999 Pac Pinky

Oct 9, 2015
    Male
    Andyman99999
    Hero
    Misfits
    "We need a brainstorm thread to make the island more active"
    This is the name of the topic. I would not play an islander just because I can chance my face/hair/etc or participate in events. Simple mathematics will show you, you would be losing out on the amount of snow you can get on an islander (from not having a mobbing skill) compared to having a "job". I'm not sure how more content is going to defeat the purpose of being an islander since only islanders would have access to the content (because let's face it, you can't get back on the island once you're gone [not sure if vip tele rocks work]). Might as well keep islanders how they are and quit worrying about the population then, therefore chance nothing /sarcasm.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Andyman99999

Andyman99999 Pac Pinky

Oct 9, 2015
    Male
    Andyman99999
    Hero
    Misfits
    The amount of time you put into the islander does not make the islander challenging. The difficulty makes the game challenging. At level 50 +, it's not a challenge anymore, there's no real reason to advance except to be #1 on the leaderboards. I think adding a boss would add another challenge, since it can actually kill you adding another challenge then simply not being able to die.

• Like Like x 1
  8. IoIzor

IoIzor Capt. Latanica

Jun 8, 2015
    Islander
    Ya'll like peeps who got to 15 on yo landers n quitlanded n now want a reason to reach 16 tbh

• Like Like x 5
  9. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    5:42 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Yeah... to be honest, while a lot of suggestions definitely wouldn't hurt and may even be considered an "improvement", I don't want any time wasted developing shit for islanders they probably shouldn't get in the first place. New people who feel like playing an islander still probably won't end up playing for a second longer, and existing islanders might log on and play for an extra hour or two. Islander population will never be more active. It's just not worth it.

It's not the lack of cool things, it's the sheer, mindnumbing repetitive gameplay and inability to progress your character. Soon enough you get high enough level to 1shot everything. You get enough scrolls, attempt a few def upgrades, then all the mobs do 1 damage. And that's your whole life. Just walking around, killing spores and snails effortlessly. Even if there were tons of people, it would be the lamest MMO ever. I assure you that imaginary "huge population" wouldn't last very long.

Adding more content, more maps, harder mobs, cooler weapons, bosses and shit would make it more interesting. But then again, I wouldn't even classify it as being an islander anymore. It shouldn't matter about adding all this new stuff because that means you aren't a legit islander, no more than if we had access to the FM and could then suddenly transfer over frozen tunas, Wisconsins, and bathrobes.

So I kindly suggest people not keep requesting new things to put on maple island. If you are not satisfied with your experience as an islander, well, that's kind of the point, and you should probably just make a real character.

• Like Like x 7
  10. Bella

Bella Mixed Golem

Nov 7, 2015
    Female
    attach
    F/P Arch Mage
    ethereaI
    Yes - I read the title, thank you. I'm just pointing out that it will never be super populated due to the nature of an islander. What you're really asking for is to change what makes and islander an islander in order to encourage more people to play. It defeats the purpose because islanders aren't supposed to have bosses or extra scrolls - if you want to boss or scroll lots of items go make a jobbed character?

Once again, being difficult to collect the event ETC's should be part of being an islander - if you want to get stuff quickly play a jobbed class with mobbing skills. In saying that though, another server did at one point make the NPC on maple island require 50% less or so ETC's to help islanders more realistically obtain their event items. However, not including islanders in events completely is not a good idea. Just go take a look at the top v62 server, anytime there is an event the island is bustling! So ensuring inclusion of islanders in events is crucial in my opinion to islander activeness.

I also disagree with what you wrote in relation to lolzor's post. The amount of time you put in
    is what makes an islander challenging. That's the point of an islander - you kill pigs forever for a minuscule amount of exp and that's your life. I mean, it's really not a challenge after level 10 - it's never challenging in terms of difficulty. The challenge is not being bored out of your marbles and quitlandering.

• Like Like x 4
  11. IoIzor

IoIzor Capt. Latanica

Jun 8, 2015
    Islander
    May I have your attention please?
    May I have your attention please?
    Will the real Islanders please stand up?
    I repeat, will the real Islanders please stand up?
    We're gonna have a problem here..

• Like Like x 4
  12. Andyman99999

Andyman99999 Pac Pinky

Oct 9, 2015
    Male
    Andyman99999
    Hero
    Misfits
    So what you're saying is that giving islander's the chance to participate in events is a good thing. Please explain how this would work since you could literally trade any item to an islander if this were allowed. The only way is to disable looting (drop trading at event maps), and trading on the islander. I would rather see a maple where you could only play the normal game as a beginner on single xp. By "normal" I would exclude other player drops, disable trading except with other beginners, no sharing between characters (aka disabled feature), and no partying with other classes except for beginners. This would be the most interesting concept to see, since you would have a more varied amount of places to train. It's not like anyone currently would know the best area to train at, since most people don't play as a beginner and if they do, they leech it with another character.

13. Bella

Bella Mixed Golem

Nov 7, 2015
    Female
    attach
    F/P Arch Mage
    ethereaI
    Apologies if my meaning wasn't clear, however I was referring to collect events for Halloween, Christmas, Valentines etc. You know - where you loot candies and hand them in to the NPC for like a pumpkin spear? Not that islanders should be warped off island for events with other players.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Andyman99999

Andyman99999 Pac Pinky

Oct 9, 2015
    Male
    Andyman99999
    Hero
    Misfits
    I agree with everything except for the legit islander part. Everyone would have access to the bosses/harder mobs/etc. It's not legitimate compared to the old MapleStory but this server doesn't even mirror it exactly. In this regard, everything is damn near illegitimate. Gachapon is one example as well as the pqs that don't exist and how you could do bf leech on lvl 31 + characters to level them up super fast. You could even do skeles leech to level super fast. It's also permanent 2x unless you're an islander and don't forget about the 3x drop.
    I was only referring to the Christmas event that we just had/are in for today. You have to drop snow at the machine and then fight the snowman and turn in presents to get things from Santa.

15. Andyman99999

Andyman99999 Pac Pinky

Oct 9, 2015
    Male
    Andyman99999
    Hero
    Misfits
    Just friend all of the islanders? Oh yeah, can you even expand your buddy list? You guys should be able to after a certain level and discount buddy list upgrades.

16. Gi

Gi Windraider

Dec 29, 2014
    Male
    Question remains if Pumpkin Spears truly belong on Maple Island. I think not.

I wouldn't mind any changes that allow for more interaction with the rest of the server (i.e. allow Market button - with looting, trading, merchants ... blocked). But not to add new equipments.

Similar as how they can join GM events. I actually really like that.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Bella

Bella Mixed Golem

Nov 7, 2015
    Female
    attach
    F/P Arch Mage
    ethereaI
    I see - well that's fine. Islanders aren't capable of participating in all events obviously. But they should be included in any which they can (basically 'collect events').

I don't think there is any harm in having pumpkin spears, maplemas lights, maplemas / versalmas hats, witch hats and such on the island. You 1hko everything anyway, it's really just for aesthetic purposes and gives islanders something to work towards collecting.
    Edit: I do like your other ideas though re: fm and such.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  18. IoIzor

IoIzor Capt. Latanica

Jun 8, 2015
    Islander
    • Like Like x 1
  19. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    4:42 AM
    NSFW
    Making certain words boldfaced does not make your post less wrong

• Like Like x 6
  20. Poofcakes

Poofcakes Pizzatarian Retired Staff

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    That would be pretty cool.
    [​IMG]
    I kindly suggest you to stop using the argument that other things are more important to bash people's suggestions. Just because a suggestion is small or doesn't affect the majority of the players here doesn't make it less valid.
    That is already the case. You cannot trade/loot drops in event maps like Happyville, nor GM-hosted events like Jump Quests.
    That wasn't the only way to do it. You could also exchange a certain amount of snowpieces for presents yourself, without fighting the snowman.

I'm wondering though... Why are people who have no interest in being an islanders at all, don't know much about islanders, or are even quite hateful against islanders replying to this thread? SlimeConfused

• Like Like x 5