1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

My inspiration ~

Discussion in 'Videos' started by Aero, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    2:59 PM
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    I Wondered what inspired you all to play the classes you play, feel free to reply to this thread with what inspired you. I'd love to know. ^^

This is what inspired me to play Night Lord & To continue playing it, forever.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    10:59 AM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    This is #1 NL motivational video

• Like Like x 11
  3. Kargo

Kargo Skelegon

Mar 5, 2015
    Male
    Holland
    3:59 PM
    Kargo
    Shadower
    Flow

• Like Like x 1
  4. rewyuio

rewyuio Selkie Jr.

Jul 2, 2015
    Male
    8:59 AM
    Wicked,HolySpirit
    Dark Knight
    High,Project
    The reason i played bishop was because of a visit to my aunt in New York. I was 3/4 at the time and living with my grandma at the time. She took me to my aunt's because she just had a baby. One night while i was staying there i was awoken by my grandma to talk to my grandpa. Before my aunt alt tabbed into Yahoo messager, she and my uncle were playing a game. I was watching my aunt kill these things with a lovely green sprite, and that's when i noticed that this thing also HEALED. Games I've played up to this point were mostly fighting games and ddr, so seeing this thing fucking healing her AND my uncle while doing damage? That was too much to handle. Plus it was fucking green, my favorite color. The game also looked beautiful and fun so i instantly fell in love. I got back to California and asked my other uncles to download it for me and made a magician because i liked magic, not knowing at the time about how to get that move my aunt had. After a while i hit 30 and I've seen a shit ton of I/L mages at this point and was set to pick that, until i saw a cleric using that beautiful skill. I instantly ditched the i/l idea and went cleric ever since. Even remade a cleric then eventually remade my priest and up until today i made my 4th bishop here and my 5th elsewhere. Idk what came over me to start drk here first when bishop was the clear path :)

• Like Like x 3
  5. Slime

Slime Pixel Artist Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    4:59 PM
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    I remember when ClassicMS was still up, I used to play an I/L there. Along with lots of other chars, because I like to try classes. I also make a lot of characters in general. :3
    Anyway once I first saw a permanent Beginner I thought it was funny, and tried to speak to that person, he was nice.
    After that I noticed that if I double click pretty much everyone with common equips, I do find some of them sometimes. Once I started finding Beginner only weapons in FM, I had to make my own. So I made it, and started leveling, found out about the Beginner leaderboard somewhere along the way, and decided I want to get up there. Since then I've found out a lot of cool things about Beginners and got to rank 3 there. Once Legends was getting released officially, I was already certain of going Beginner. It just became my obvious choice, my thing. It's stress free for me. I always find out new things about Beginners and test the limits of them more. It feels great to not know how strong you're going to be in 10 levels, or how tough certain bosses will be for you.
    [​IMG] That damage.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

2:59 PM
    i chose F/P in gms because i loved the explosions :D and the farts. I found it extremely fun to fart all over the map and then use poison explosion^_^ im also a huge fan of mages in general.

for maplelegends, i was forced into the bishop class by my rl friend who wanted me to be his hs mule f3

• Like Like x 3
  7. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    3:59 PM

• Like Like x 4
  8. fryber

fryber Windraider

Jun 1, 2015
    Male
    Out of sight, out of time
    OpTiC
    Sniper, Marksman
    Beaters
    So you see, I played Battle Mage in GMS up until June last year, going into Legends I was looking for a fun 3rd job class. (Getting to 4th job now is just extra icing on the cake).

I saw "Sniper", boom, the only logic needed to make a Marksman.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Slime

Slime Pixel Artist Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    You turned out lucky because Sniper skills are Kreygasm

• Like Like x 4
  10. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    9:59 AM
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    made a drk cause I thought they did damage, cause I saw big numbers in GMS
    I got lied to PogChamp DulceDulce

• Like Like x 9
  11. fryber

fryber Windraider

Jun 1, 2015
    Male
    Out of sight, out of time
    OpTiC
    Sniper, Marksman
    Beaters
    It was certainly strange going from a simple, tanky, magic based-ME SMASH YOU class to a squishy, ranged, class that techs a lot of your old skills (not as much teching as Buccs do, I nod to all you street fighter style comboing-saiyans).

12. Lyn00

Lyn00 Capt. Latanica

Sep 4, 2015
    Female
    Taiwan,Taipei
    9:59 PM
    Natto
    Corsair
    Halcyon
    I made a drk because a friend of mine(WhiteBean) jokingly told me to make an ign SpearUrAss. It was just a mule, I have no idea how it became my main at one point. I've always wanted to be range, when I heard from him that battleship dps is godly I chose to be a corsair

• Like Like x 3
  13. xquzion

xquzion Capt. Latanica

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Sean
    HOW ABOUT YOU START PLAYING MORE THEN

• Like Like x 1
  14. Diego

Diego Capt. Latanica

Jun 7, 2015
    I used to play warrior (fighter/crusader to be specific) in GMS and in Classic as well. When I started playing here I wanted to try something new though. I had never played pirates before so I decided to make one. I chose the gun path and it has been a lot of fun. It was hard tho, 1st and 2nd job were a real struggle (slingers are OP you know)

I'm still making my way as a corsair, I can do some bosses decently. Here is a video of one of my goals :D

15. Lyn00

Lyn00 Capt. Latanica

Sep 4, 2015
    Female
    Taiwan,Taipei
    Natto
    Corsair
    Halcyon
    LOLLLLLLLLLLL

16. United

United Skelegon

Aug 24, 2015
    Male
    United
    Dark Knight
    Demure
    Well after being an arxher for every mmorpg from the day i was born in recent years i kinda switched to tank (no idea what changed my mind)
    Joined to legends after so long with out the real maplestory (not including 1 month in gms 2 years ago cos it sux)
    I didnt know what warrior class to choose.
    Mainly thought if to be page or spearman.
    Cos i remmbered for aome reason those are the more unique class then fighter.
    At the end i choose spearman only because "tiger" was in my head.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    10:59 AM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    I was making a NL which is my favorite class, but when I became hermit, I found out about a certain thing called hp wash and I also crafted a 37 att NRC with all my money so I decided to quit it and make a dk since Aeon didnt have one back then. My motivation switched from favorite job to bossing with friends. Eventually, my motivation became duoing all bosses with JoyJoy when I get 170, I will have to see what happens after I accomplish that.

• Like Like x 3
  18. xquzion

xquzion Capt. Latanica

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Sean
    i just wanted something manly with alot of hp so i went for DrK

19. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    7:59 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    What the heck is that girl saying? Sometimes it sounds like Expel o'shun! But that is just coincidence, right?

Anyway, f/p has usually been my favorite pick. I always liked the utility and versatility that came later the more skills they got. A lot of times I can train in ToT without spending anything. Though I guess none of that really matters when everyone else can out-dps you drastically.

I don't know when or how I got into fairy business, but when I first started playing here and made my first character, I made up the backstory that Lionheart was the bravest fairy from Ellinia and became an adventurer. At least he's got the look and feel down for a f/p arch mage now. My character was so ugly until like level 6x... mainly because I spend over 100k nx just trying to get one hairstyle...

• Like Like x 1
  20. smaug

smaug Red Snail

Jan 20, 2016
    Male
    Beginner, Assassin

9 yrs ago, this video from maplesea motivated me to play maple more