1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

High WorldTree Alliance

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by EndG, Mar 23, 2024.

Tags:
  1. EndG

EndG Slime

Jul 31, 2018
    Male
    3:34 AM
    Bowman
    Description of the bug: The WorldTree alliance is unable to have any of its members login (Adobis, Lakelis, Mayhem, Toilet, Eternals).
    What is supposed to happen?:
    Where did you find and/or notice this bug?:
    A step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug (optional):
    Extra information (optional):

Today was the day we merged alliances. Eternals and Toilet left their respective alliances.

I forgot how to add new guilds to my alliance, WorldTree, so I disbaned it and made a new one with the same name, "WorldTree".

As the leader of Adobis, I formed it with Lakelis. I invited Mayhem, then Toilet, then kicked and re-added Mayhem.

After sending the alliance invite to Eternals, upon them accepting, everyone got the chat message that Eternals has joined, then about 3 or 4 frames later everyone disconnected. Nobody can log back in on any of the 5 guilds.

I'll try to be responsive here, but you can contact me almost immediately on Discord using the name:

.endg

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      132.8 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    EndG

EndG Slime

Jul 31, 2018
    Male
    Bowman
    When WorldTree disbanded the first time, the guilds Adobis, Lakelis, Mayhem, and HOOD were separated.

I think that because we disbanded WorldTree then reformed WorldTree, that the WorldTree table of pointers to guilds still had HOOD saved in memory.

HOOD had its pointer to the alliance cleared, but the alliance under the name WorldTree still had its pointer to HOOD.

Upon inviting the 5th guild (Adobis Lakelis Mayhem Toilet Eternals), there was an overflow to the array of pointers to guilds, thinking that HOOD was still in the table of guilds.

HOOD wasn't displayed in the alliance tab but I think there was a memory overflow of some kind happening.. That's my best guess.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Pasta

Pasta Game Developer Staff Member Game Developer

Jul 18, 2017
    Male
    Pastaland
    12:34 PM
    Moderator Post
    Hello,

Sorry for this inconvenience; we have temporarily disbanded the WorldTree alliance, as the issue seems to be related to the big number of members that form the alliance itself.

It is likely to be a client limitation that needs a patch fix, and removing the alliance for the time being was the fastest way to make the game work again for your 5 guilds.
    You will be able to reform the big alliance as soon as this issue is addressed, we will let you know.

• Informative Informative x 4
  4. OP
    OP
    EndG

EndG Slime

Jul 31, 2018
    Male
    Bowman
    Thanks. Will patiently wait for you. :)

Despite the chaos, I hope you have fun figuring out a new puzzle in the code.

• Friendly Friendly x 1