1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

What MapleStory Memories Do You Have?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MangaFox156, Mar 16, 2017.

1. MXLsStar

MXLsStar Slime

Jun 26, 2017
    Male
    10:40 PM
    MXLblight
    Cleric
    goedVerhaal
    I started playing GMS just past the first anniversary, when I was about 10 years old, as a warrior called ninja999999 (or ninja666666). Lets just say that that character didn't turn out so well. I didn't know what i was doing, so when I reached lvl 30 about ¾ jear later, I didn't have enough strength to equip lvl 30 equips because I put points into luck because i thought back then that it lowered the exp that you lost when you died. I still managed to get him to lvl 32 in the end to my supprise. That charracter still has al the event items up to 3 years ago, when i finaly decided to use him as a mule. couldn't bring myself to delete my first charracter.

The second character i made was a Knight of Cygnus thief, which I don't have many fond memories, mostly because that character got scammed to oblivion. Managed to get it to lvl 45 though which i call a good thing.

When EMS got launched i could finaly play with less latency and could finaly get to the higher levels with a Cleric. I reached lvl 50 in the same time I reached lvl 30 on the warrior. However I still yearned to play on GMS (because of all the event items I had) so that was the highest my pre big bang characters got. I lost access to this account sometime in 2012, as i forgot the password and didn't remember what I put as the security question

GMS preBB - Ninja999999 Page lvl 32 - 14.8m - every event item post 1st anniversary pre 9th anniversary - not a single € spend
    EMS preBB - ??? Cleric lvl 50 - Lost access to this account back in 2012

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
  2. BlurryFace

BlurryFace Mixed Golem

Dec 8, 2015
    Female
    Netherlands
    Shoo
    Marauder
    GoedVerhaal
    TRIGGERED

3. Rhapsody

Rhapsody Red Snail

Jun 27, 2017
    Female
    Atlanta
    4:40 PM
    this is the saddest and yet probably most accurate description of everything I have ever done with this game (both GMS and private versions).

I'D LIKE TO THINK THAT I HAVE A BIT MORE CONFIDENCE IN ASKING OUT STRANGERS OVER THE INTERNET NOW.

4. Lunar Light

Lunar Light Mano

Jan 28, 2016
    Female
    1:40 PM
    AwkwardTina
    Crossbowman
    Reticent
    1. Playing with my brother and him forcing me to kill green mushrooms for maple weapons

2. Continuing to play on my own and ksing this noob in HHG1 and him calling me mean or something...LOL. So I chatted him and we got mad at each other and then the conversation devolved into an argument over whose parents were more abusive. And then we cried and became bf/gf. We were some intense 9-year-olds...

3. Later on that guy stopped logging in, and another 9-year-old asked me to be his gf in Kerning City and I was like, sure, though why any of these guys wanted to be with a girl named Death444 (444 for extra effect because in Chinese 4 sounds like death) or something beats me LMAO. I ended up playing with this fool for a month probably, gave him my info, and he hacked me and I was hella traumatized for weeks. GUYS STOP DOING THIS TO POOR INNOCENT GIRLS!! Omg reading these posts are giving me flashbacks LOL.

4. Started playing again, found an amazing guild and tightknit group of friends on Broa (IDKCrew or something I think), but fucking Vista screwed me over and it stopped being able to play maple. I still remember when I was finally able to log in, and those friends were like "Tina???" and I dced the next second, never able to respond. Never saw any of them again. TRAUMATIZED AGAIN, HOLY LOLLLLLL.

5. Guess these traumatic experiences were't enough so I came back for more lmao!! But then at almost 11, I met my best friends Casey and Maggie, who I still talk to from time to time 9 years later :). Same with Annie, who introduced me to Legends and IS GOING TO AN IVY LEAGUE NEXT FALL LMAO WOOO (Columbia University). Aunty Tina raised that girl well mwahaha. SO PROUD.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hysteria340

Hysteria340 Mushmom

May 7, 2017
    Male
    9:40 PM
    Spearman
    being rank 1 sniper on Khaini

6. Glissando

Glissando Pink Teddy

Jul 17, 2017
    Male
    4:40 AM
    Quaver
    Fighter
    Hitting level 100 before 3rd job advancement was released ;..; in MapleSEA

Remember back in Tespia East (beta days), people in 5x 6x 7x training in sleepywood dungeon, the map with 3 lanes of dark golems, so each party member holds a lane and that's how we leveled back then ..

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Bella

Bella Mixed Golem

Nov 7, 2015
    Female
    6:40 AM
    attach
    F/P Arch Mage
    ethereaI
    I've got some fond memories of MapleStory. I started playing in late 2005 (just after beta) and have been playing on and off ever since. I do still occasionally go back to GMS and play, but it's difficult to build friendships there these days so it's usually short lived.
    1. Taking 2 years to get to 70 lol.
    2. Creating characters with matching names and NX with my siblings!
    3. CPQ!! My favorite PQ by a mile, especially during it's peak popularity.
    4. I met my (now ex) IRL boyfriend on MapleStory, hacking HT in Bellocan - lol.
    5. LHC before it was totally ruined.
    6. Hitting 200 when it was max level.
    7. Soloing Empress (non-legit) and flooding the market with cheap gear.
    8. Having so much NX that I accidentally bought a Big Spider card for 100k instead of 10k and didn't notice until a week later.
    9. Camping mules in HT cave and having them all enter to take up all the slots after a server restart (when it was broken and only the first 20(?) or so people who entered after a restart could HT without DCing until the next restart).
    10. Hacked Cravens.
    11. Meeting some of the most amazing people I've had the honor of calling my friends, and still keeping in touch to this day. #CoquiCrew

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  8. EonDelirium

EonDelirium Timer

Apr 17, 2017
    Male
    Burning Lands of Ariant
    3:40 PM
    Delirium
    Magician, F/P Wizard, F/P Mage
    SugarBabies
    Free pets from 2006~2007 MapleStory.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Serin

Serin Game Moderator Staff Member Game Moderator

Apr 10, 2017
    Korea
    5:40 AM
    Waiting for a shout out from Maple Radio... OnionBlush

10. SaiyanGod

SaiyanGod Mano

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    XSaiyanGodX
    Marauder
    Motive
    getting scammed by just about every scam tactic

11. AioriaX

AioriaX Selkie Jr.

Jul 25, 2017
    Male
    AioriaX
    Night Lord
    Beaters
    A Cassiopeia veteran here with a lv190 Bishop, I've played MapleSEA since 2006 and I was in my early years of high school then. Quitted post-bigbang when genesis was hit with a cooldown. MapleStory was a great game because I had lots of friends online, and the purpose of playing was always to be in-server together exploring, instead of leveling and damage-chasing. The best memories are always the ones where you discover new things and new maps and hidden bosses/maps with friends together. Logging in now isn't as adventurous as before as I now have 11 years of Maplestory knowledge (nothing really much to explore anymore).

Logging in was always fun because we always chilled and relaxed and had fun instead of always grinding. The only times we grinded were 2x-EXP events where we didn't want to waste the opportunity of double EXP rate. Otherwise it took me a month to get to 30, and a year to get to 70. But here are some of the adventures that I really enjoyed doing with friends:

1. Exploring the depths of ant-tunnel. The first time you venture into Ant-tunnel you'll be surprised by how deep it is. Also, since sleepywood was a city that is not available by taxi, exploring it for the first time makes it feel like you've discovered a hidden city. Whilst into ant-tunnel, there are multiple check-points that made the tunnel seemed really, really cool. The first is obviously Ant-Tunnel park, where you find a random van selling potions, and of course the hidden zombie-mushmom map. As a cleric I could attempt killing it at a low level, so partying with some friends whilst exploring and attempting to kill a 'boss' was really cool. The second check-point is after you venture through drakes, where you encounter a huge door in a map called "Another Entrance". Made it seem like you're venturing into some dwarf cave in Lord of the Rings. And as you go deeper you finally find Jr. Balrog. This part of the MapleStory Adventure was really really cool.

2. Second part of exploring was Orbis. After a long period of stay in victoria island, we finally felt we had enough levels to venture orbis and the first cool thing was riding the ship. It costed a whopping 80k mesos in the past and as newbies we had to save up loads just to afford a one-way ticket. And that wasn't all, on the ship we encountered the chance of facing crimson balrogs, and attempted to avoid death while seemingly roam outside the ship to get a good look on those flying creatures. Nowadays no one ventures into the parks of orbis anymore, but my friends and I used to go everywhere just to get a good feel of what orbis is like, before we head down the tower towards aquarium and El nath.

3. Aquarium was a great place to venture in because of all the high level monsters at our stage, and we could also watch high level maplers fork out their great damage onto squids. And the best part of aquarium? Finding a huge fish - Pianus. We'd literally sit inside the cave and hit-and-run just to play with the damn fish. Those were great times. And when we were finally of a good level enough to attempt killing it, the feeling was great. Coming back to this place to avenge our deaths. Those were good times, when partying and doing things together was everything - unlike the current maplestory where attempting-solo is everything.

4. Venturing into deadmine was especially fun, knowing that Zakum was the greatest boss at that time, requiring a party of 30 to kill it within an hour. Going through snow, to blizzard and werewolf-summoning lycantrophes, to some zombie-covered field and finally a lava-spread cave was such an adventure. Great times knowing you were always on your toes to avoid death to go deeper, finally reaching the great door.

5. If orbis tower was a long way down, we discovered Ludibrium where 2 parts of the adventure lies. One was the clock tower where we tried to go as deep into the tower as possible, only to find the door to papulatus. Of course we couldn't enter at our level, but imagine how much fun it would be, finding new monsters and new maps only to discover 'oh wow, there could be a hidden boss here we have not discovered on our own'. The second was omega sector where you find maple maple-mesorangers and aliens. And the aliens were not at all boring to us. We find the aliens 'upgrade' as we go deeper, only to find MT-09, the machine-riding alien and Chief-Gray, the wise-old Alien which seemed like bosses to us at that time.

5. As more classes and maps were released in Maplestory and there were more to discover, but as things got easier as we levelled higher, the adventures seemed to have died down. And after you approach 4th job you encounter more and more maplers who focused on damage and end-goal content instead of writing a good'ol maple story in your memories. Friends start to stop mapling as grinding was required to attain higher levels and bossing content and after big-bang ruined it all for mages, I practically quit because there was no motivation at all for me to start a new class and re-grind. Well, that was my maplestory long ago.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Apophis

Apophis Blue Snail

Jul 18, 2017
    Male
    Lol I had two friends who DJ'd on mapleradio.

13. Kingsplace

Kingsplace King Slime

Aug 17, 2017
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Kingsplace
    Marauder
    GodDuckness
    I've been playing ms on and off again since I was 10, which is almost 12 years ago so that's pretty much since global beta,
    played global till it became region based, and when my account got hacked there I couldn't play global anymore so I started EMS.

From there on pretty much the best memories are all before level 70ish, I made a few 15x+ chars but the best memories will always be meeting up new people in henesys,
    playing ludi pq while I got home during my school lunch break, grinding at FoG for years.

It's a shame that maple has become what it has now, luckily we have legends to keep that nostalgia alive :')

• Like Like x 1
  14. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    First time discovering Magatia with a mate was something else. That place reeked of mystery and deep lore with its unique music and aesthetics.

Kinda sad that no one really goes there in Legends aside from some quick quests. Bring back Magatia PQ! It was one of the funnest ones.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Zildijian

Zildijian Red Snail

Nov 1, 2016
    Beginner
    N/A
    This was the best story by far laughed the whole way through

16. shot

shot Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    3:40 PM
    sh0t/Davi
    Buccaneer
    Honor
    Dang, I have a quite of stories to tell...

Unlike most people in here, I was one of early adopters of MapleStory (because I played KMS) back in early 2004. Back then, it was considered an achievement to level up to 20 because
    exp ceiling was so high. In addition, because maps like Orbis wasn't there yet, the only reasonably good exp farm was the sleepy wood dungeon so people there were always packed.
    Also, fm back then wasn't all connected together so each town had their own (eg. Henesis fm independent from El Nath, etc...)

Speaking of El Nath, when Orbis first came out, level 21 myself REALLY wanted to go and explore that area so I decided to sell all my gears for potions and ticket to Orbis (it was considered really expensive back then) and I had fun discovering the area while getting 500+ damage from every mob in there xD. Also, back then there was a portal that went directly from Orbis to El Nath without having to go down the tower (The spot is still there on top of leftmost portal in El Nath to this day, except that portal isnt working anymore) so I had no trouble visiting two places at the same time. But after some time, Neckson released an update that essentially blocked the direct portal so my first account was ended up being stuck at El Nath forever without potion.

The second account, lvl 31 I/L mage, was on a similar boat to my first character except that it was stuck on Orbis- of course, I could still kill pixies and some other mobs there, but it took them FOREVER so earning mesos that way took a very long time. After killing mobs for weeks, I remember being finally able to purchase a ticket to Victoria Island but got rekt by Crimson balrog on the way back- that mob didn't exist when I first arrived at Orbis, but Neckson added them after. Because of that, I still get PTSD whenever I ride a ship back to Victoria Island to this day -_-

Then after some time has passed, Ludibrium came out- I was fascinated by the overall toy-themed town and mobs there- one particular memory I remember is when I accidentally ended up in Omega Sector after using nearest town scroll in Eos Tower at level 38 ish. It was pain to climb all the way back up :)

Then things like Helios tower, Aquarium, and other maps came out but I don't have any special memories I can think of other than just exploring them.
    The BIGGEST and most HYPED KMS has ever been (that I can remember) was when Pirate was first announced- back then there were no such job as Aran, Cygnus, etc...
    with only 4 jobs (warrior, thief, magician, and archer) so all of my friend and people on KMS forum was freaking out when they saw videos of people playing as Pirate
    in KMS test server. I distinctively remember rushing into computer after school on the day it came out and had a blast trying it out.

Then I moved on to different game and played occasionally when new jobs like Mechanics came out. Tbh, even this version of MS we are playing today seems pretty new to me because I haven't been playing for so long! Or I'm just getting old xD

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  17. Kargo

Kargo Skelegon

Mar 5, 2015
    Male
    Holland
    Kargo
    Shadower
    Flow

The backstory of this video is my brother and I (AranTigerzzz and Aranlolzzz) went for some reason to the skin color changer thingy and it seemed empty. While time passes and me and my brother were still there for some reason a group of like 7 people came from behind the pillar and forced us to join the guild "Censored" and wear a wiscon. Since then we joined and stayed behind the pillar untill someone came in. Legends say they are still standing behind the pillar...

Also, I have no idea where "Hacker4U" came from.

• Like Like x 2
  18. vince1776

vince1776 Mano

Dec 2, 2017
    Male
    America
    Culper
    Bowman
    When FangBlade was level 186 I went to Himes and died multiple times just to watch him train and to take pictures of him with my flip phone. :D

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  19. Vernon

Vernon Red Snail

Jan 13, 2018
    Male
    Vernonie
    Cleric
    Before the Cash shop existed, I remember buying those stylish clothes from the Lith Harbor armor store.
    You know the ones.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Also, I remember on the very first day that MapleStory officially launched (after open beta), they gave everyone Black Sacks as a part of the beta tester package. There were Crimson Balrogs flying around in Maple Island.

Haha, good times.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Yatayata

Yatayata Mixed Golem

Jan 19, 2018
    Female
    Yatayata
    Brawler
    Abyss
    My favorite memory was when GMS started the service of telling players after 3 hours they should log off and take a break. It was summer time and school was out so a friend and I decided to "push the limit". We took a screen shot of us hanging out after 100 hours of play. We went to sleep FOREVERRRRR!!! I now never pass up a moment to take a nap or sleep... it really affected how lazy I am haha.