1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Donator Change

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Baby Fat, Jun 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baby Fat

Baby Fat Mano

Jun 1, 2015
    Male
    Texas
    8:35 PM
    BabyFat
    Corsair
    Horizon
    I would like to suggest allowing Donators to use Donator NX on the regular cash shop or allowing us an option to donate for Regular NX ( I like the second option as it would produce more donation imo for y'all.)

Only on Cosmetic items basically have all the cosmetic items that's available for Regular in the donor shop for cheaper say 50% off :roflmao:.

Cause right now at the current state of donator shop I feel like it's pointless to donate anymore cause regular cash shop has more and better things then Donor shop.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
  2. Infidel

Infidel Capt. Latanica

Apr 4, 2015
    Male
    USA
    9:35 PM
    Infidel / Duke
    Priest, Hunter
    FaerieCircle
    Would be Pay2Win then since people would donate for resets, and gach.

I personally think donator NX should be used for any and all cosmetic items currently in the CS though, since the donation CS sucks.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Baby Fat

Baby Fat Mano

Jun 1, 2015
    Male
    Texas
    8:35 PM
    BabyFat
    Corsair
    Horizon
    Edited thread for no p2w aspect

4. Illusion

Illusion Horny Mushroom

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    4:35 AM
    Illusion
    Hermit
    have to agree i still dont see even 1 item to spend my donor cash on, everything is meh. basically the donor section lacks variaty, biggest tab is maybe 2-3 pages.

5. Tori

Tori Snail

May 30, 2015
    Male
    Tori
    Cleric
    Adding a variety of more nx would be great but not gacha.

6. Zeretius

Zeretius Windraider

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Ontario, Canada
    Zeretius
    Bowmaster
    Project
    +1 for me, Totally agree. Anyone who says this is pay 2 win... mind as well take donator out of the server if you have that much of a closed mind.

• Like Like x 1
  7. xquzion

xquzion Capt. Latanica

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    4:35 AM
    Sean
    as a non-donor i would care less if donors spent their nx on the same cosmetics I can spend mine. Just disable charms/VIP rocks/gacha/resets for the nx and everything is fine

• Like Like x 1
  8. BwanDit

BwanDit Motertert

May 8, 2015
    FM15
    2:35 AM
    BwanDit
    Shadower
    The donor page does indeed lack items. I agree with you that they should include more stuff for donors from the regular cash shop, as long as it remains non-pay2win.

However, in all honesty I didn't expect to get donor points for donation, but I did.

I don't mind if it takes a while, but it's fine to put it in whenever they have spare time.

I would rather they focus on fixing content and putting more content in, before adjusting cash shop items.

I didn't donate for the items, but to help the server because I think it is a great server and I'd like to see how it evolves.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Treat

Treat King Slime

Mar 19, 2015
    3:35 AM
    Treat
    Night Lord
    ♥ Synergy ♥
    The last thread we had about this got deleted for some reason, so making it was probably a waste of your time.

I do agree with you, though.

10. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Just want to add before blames are fired that it was deleted by OP.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Treat

Treat King Slime

Mar 19, 2015
    Treat
    Night Lord
    ♥ Synergy ♥
    I sure hope that's the case.

The reason why I'm all for this idea is pretty much summed up by the OP. And calling this p2w is ridiculous, because good looking pixels aren't gonna make you any stronger.

12. BwanDit

BwanDit Motertert

May 8, 2015
    FM15
    BwanDit
    Shadower
    You could technically say though that since donors aren't spending their regular NX cash on NX clothing, that they can then gach instead. Kappa

• Like Like x 1
  13. Infidel

Infidel Capt. Latanica

Apr 4, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Infidel / Duke
    Priest, Hunter
    FaerieCircle
    If a non-donor wants to complain about that, then they can feel free to level the playing field by donating as well.

• Like Like x 6
  14. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    9:35 AM
    First, I think people who oppose this should stop calling it p2w because it isn't strictly p2w and it garners a horde of replied regarding how it is not p2w which wastes time since p2w is not the proper term to use in the first place. (Unless of course the suggestion involves gameplay items)

The concern brought up by Gi in the previous thread was that by allowing donator cash to be used on items that can be bought by NX frees up the NX to be spent on gameplay items. This means that donators have potentially less items to spend their NX on (we have a 2x drop card suggestion thread for this).

This is why he preferred keeping donator and normal wardrobes separate, i.e. one item in the CS can only be bought by either donor cash or vote NX, and not both. If you feel the donor CS is lacking, then maybe we can slowly add more items to it.

15. Reptar

Reptar Timer

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    California
    6:35 PM
    Reptar
    I/L Wizard
    Horizon
    I wasn't going to touch this thread as I already stated my opinions in the other one, but yes I did delete it. I didn't change my mind I just didn't like the direction the thread was headed. I was looking for a discussion of what the down sides and good sides to adding them would be, but everyone seemed to get angry that it wasn't already implemented and then the whole thread started to become a brawl. Hopefully this thread is a little more civil :p

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    If it happens it happens.
    Staff know most of the players want it and our views on it. Do what you will with this information @Kimberly@Kimberly

• Like Like x 1
  17. Brice

Brice Stone Golem

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Sharp
    Bowmaster
    Aeon
    It is always pay2win indirectly. Let's say I want to spend a total of 30k nx on my characters appearance. Someone that donated gets the look for donor cash. Still has his 30k nx left and spends that on gachapon. Gaches about 25 mil worth items. So at the end of the day... Does it matter?

18. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    9:35 AM
    Slight difference in that if he wants certain item from normal CS, he has to spend NX without any alternatives, which is an extra item on the list for him to spend his NX on apart from gameplay items like gach.

19. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    7:35 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Sigh, this again.. maybe I'll take another crack at it. Might actually be able to make a convincing argument this time too.

So, there's basically 2 classes of people: those who care enough about their looks to buy cosmetic items, and those who don't.

The people who don't mind looking like another bathrobe/broken glasses/bamboo hat clone could be said to have an "unfair advantage" because 100% of their nx goes to gameplay-affecting things like resets, pets, and gash. But of course, as we all point out "it's the player's choice."

So now let's say we add donating to this situation, both classes of player donate. Since there's nothing but cosmetics, the first who didn't care about cosmetics gets some anyway cause now what else is there to spend their vote nx on? In this case, since they never would have used their vote cash on cosmetics, there's no difference in amount of gash and such that would have been purchased. But now the players who did care about cosmetics donate. Well now next time their clothes expire, they can use their donor cash to buy -

RED ALERT!! PAY TO WIN SPOTTED!!

...What? Now hold on a minute! Two different players basically did the same thing, only one happened to have different preferences than the other. No matter what, you can't twist any arguments that the first guy who doesn't care about his looks gains any in-game advantages. 100% of his nx already went to gash or something. However, the 2nd person who wanted to buy cosmetics is now suddenly gaining an unfair advantage and flooding the server with gash?

The problem here is perspective. See, as I pointed out before, the person who did care about how they looked was at a disadvantage to the person who didn't. SO, it should be clear now that looking at it this way, being able to buy cosmetics is only paying to remove a self-imposed disadvantage.

Also, I feel I should point out: pets are available in the donor section, but clearly pets have an in-game advantage with their looting and auto-potting. So whoops! We already got some "pay to win" going on. Adding cosmetics won't do anything, really.

• Like Like x 5
  20. sara

sara Horny Mushroom

Apr 24, 2015
    Female
    sara/cuddles
    Bishop
    its not pay2win, not even indirectly. you know why? both players have the same opportunity to spend the same amount on gachapon. its called "priorities". you choose what you spend your vote nx on. honestly gach is terrible money compared to what you can earn at higher levels by training/farming. this point is so overworked by people who spend all of their time voting, gaching, then sitting around complaining about how hard it is to make meso outside of gach.

• Like Like x 8
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.