1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice
Sam_Vosh

Useful Profile Links:

Last Activity:
Mar 4, 2022
Local time:
5:11 AM
Something with code. Not cryptology

Share This Page

Sam_Vosh

Capt. Latanica, Female, from Somewhere over a fictional rainbow

Retired Staff

I never thought I would level when having returned. My commitment to MB card collecting apparently is enough! Apr 29, 2020

Sam_Vosh was last seen:
Mar 4, 2022
    1. Sam_Vosh
      Sam_Vosh
      So to cover a song, I would need to time the right instrument with the specific note. Seeing how some songs can go 140 notes a second. It adds up quickly.
      1. Krauser94 likes this.
    2. Sam_Vosh
      Sam_Vosh
      To combine the two, I made a system of numbers. First numbers indicating time, the last 4 numbers the instrument and note. So 601102 would be the music note 1102 at millisecond 60 (1 second)
    3. Sam_Vosh
      Sam_Vosh
      So putting every single instrument and tone with a specific value. For example 1102. You could see that as instrument 11, note 2. A kind of note writing emerges from this.
      1. Krauser94 likes this.
    4. Sam_Vosh
      Sam_Vosh
      Factorio has a Speaker building. Which can make noise when giving the right signal. It contains only a few number of instruments with limited ranges.
      1. Kimmy and Krauser94 like this.
      2. Sam_Vosh
        Sam_Vosh
        The instruments are:
        Drumkit, Piano, Bass, Lead, Sawtooth, Square, Celesta, Vibraphone, Plucked String and steel drum.
        Mar 10, 2019
        Krauser94 likes this.
    5. Sam_Vosh
      Sam_Vosh
      Since Factorio runs at a smooth 60 frames per second, you get a timer. Using the same method to count frames, you can count the number of times the frame counter has passed frame 30 for example.
      1. Heartiess and Krauser94 like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Krauser94
        Krauser94
        on a less serious note, my first thought when you said F3 to F8 was this " MapleF3 to MapleF8 "
        Mar 4, 2019
        Sam_Vosh likes this.
      4. Heartiess
        Heartiess
        Krauser94 not even going to lie i thought the same thing except with the kiss emoji lol... Keep it up sam i cant wait to see what you produce :)
        Mar 7, 2019
        Krauser94 likes this.
      5. Krauser94
        Krauser94
        (My F8 is sparkly eyes, i had hopes it was here to, but nope, it was the puke....)
        Mar 7, 2019
        Heartiess likes this.
    6. Sam_Vosh
      Sam_Vosh
      Using a constant and a decided combinator. You can actually make a frame counter. As every frame the Constant will put out a signal. Which, when the Decider then 'repeats' for next frame.
      1. Krauser94 likes this.
    7. Sam_Vosh
      Sam_Vosh
      There is the Constant-, Decider- and Arithmetic-combinator. And to turn signals into sounds, there is the Speaker.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Krauser94
        Krauser94
        You mean that the sounds don't "blend" properly or that trying to use 2 sounds at once to combine them sounds weird? im really curious to see the process so far
        Feb 18, 2019
      3. Sam_Vosh
        Sam_Vosh
        Both of those. I think a Vibraphone and piano don't mix together with the Plucked Strings. So I've been looking into a piano only.
        Feb 18, 2019
      4. Krauser94
        Krauser94
        im really curious to see how it sounds so far. The plucked strings are really pushing it back, is hard to work with it for sure
        Feb 19, 2019
    8. Sam_Vosh
      Sam_Vosh
      Over the following weeks I will explain how the difficult cover actually works. In the game Factorio there are a couple of useful items which basically perform the things logic systems do.
      1. Kimmy and Krauser94 like this.
    9. Sam_Vosh
      Sam_Vosh
      Tested the first 8 seconds of the cover of the song. Holy carpfish, it does not sound like the original XD Should I continue tho?
      1. Kimmy likes this.
      2. Kimmy
        Kimmy
        Everyone starts somewhere.
        Feb 3, 2019
        Heartiess likes this.
      3. Heartiess
        Heartiess
        definitely continue. gotta try a few times before you succeed :)
        Feb 7, 2019
        Sam_Vosh likes this.
    10. Sam_Vosh
      Sam_Vosh
      I have to admit, it will take me a bit longer to finish up on the song cover. But I'm working towards it, don't worry!
      1. Kimmy likes this.
      2. Heartiess
        Heartiess
        You sing?
        Feb 1, 2019
      3. Sam_Vosh
        Sam_Vosh
        I don't sing. But I've found a really really tough way to make cover music. A way which has me creative and logical. But I'll explain once I've made it. I promise I work on it!
        Feb 2, 2019
      4. Heartiess
        Heartiess
        U BETTER SHOW ME
        Feb 2, 2019
        Sam_Vosh and Kimmy like this.
    11. Sam_Vosh
      Sam_Vosh
      Welp, missing update times again. Shows I was entertained last night ^_^ Question out of the blue, if there's a song I should cover, which one would you want it to be?
      1. Kimmy
        Kimmy
        I don't mind anything from you!
        Jan 21, 2019
    12. Sam_Vosh
      Sam_Vosh
      I don't think I'm unhappy that my vacation is over. In fact, I could use work again. I've been quite bored lately >_<
      1. Krauser94 likes this.
    13. Sam_Vosh
      Sam_Vosh
      You know when a movie isn't up to par when you get home, inspired to rewrite the plot just to prove them how it can be done better
      1. Kimmy likes this.
    14. Sam_Vosh
      Sam_Vosh
      Okay. Christmas shenanigans, complete. Game shenanigans, complete. Maybe time I will do more creative things; writing perhaps?
      1. Kimmy
        Kimmy
        New year shenanigans done too?
        Jan 4, 2019
    15. Sam_Vosh
      Sam_Vosh
      My 3 week vacation has started. It is sunday evening. I have nothing I need to do. And I have to say, I haven't done so much nothing in a long while
      1. Kimmy likes this.
    16. Sam_Vosh
      Sam_Vosh
      My sis came over yesterday. We made two plates full of sushi. Looks like I don't have to make dinner tonight cause of that :p
      1. Heartiess likes this.
    17. Sam_Vosh
      Sam_Vosh
      Sometimes you got to write, just to write. It's practice, no matter how crap it is. In distracting news, I got Super Smash Ultimate ^_^
      1. Kimmy likes this.
      2. Heartiess
        Heartiess
        Sometimes you got to write, just because you have 3 final papers to do that equal out to 35 pages of essays ;(
        Dec 15, 2018
        Sam_Vosh likes this.
    18. Sam_Vosh
      Sam_Vosh
      There's two questions I'm still mulling about for streaming. When should I stream, and what? Writing, Hollow Knight, Thronebreaker?
      1. Sam_Vosh
        Sam_Vosh
        Such a tough choice :(
        Dec 2, 2018
    19. Sam_Vosh
      Sam_Vosh
      So in honor of the question below; I've noticed that depending on what I read, my writing style is influenced. So I guess I should keep the writing close which I want to mimic
      1. Kimmy likes this.
    20. Kimmy
      Kimmy
      I think from your daily sunday posts I never have read anymore about you writing things. How is that going?
      1. Sam_Vosh
        Sam_Vosh
        Occasionally. I have tried to get a habit of writing an hour a day. However since I have 2 days, monday and friday where my entire night is occupied with something else. It wavers my will to continue the habit. More often then not, my usual writing hour 10 to 11, is checking youtube vids (I need to stop that addiction) or otherwise music listening.
        Nov 21, 2018
  • About

Something with code. Not cryptology
    IGN:
    SamVosh
    Job:
    • Bowmaster
    Level:
    Guild:
    Halcyon

Signature

Killed Horntail with Halcyon, Demure and a few other people on 17-01-2016, 23-01-2016,
    24-01-2016, 30-01-2016, 31-01-2016, 6-02-2016, 14-02-2016, 21-02-2016,
    Killed Horntail with Halcyon on 06-03-2016, 19-03-2016, 02-04-2016
    Killed Horntail with Flavors Alliance on 30-04-2016
    Killed Horntail with mixed members on 07-05-2016, 21-05-2016, 28-05-2016, 04-06-2016, 18-06-2016, 25-06-2016, 02-07-2016, 09-07-2016, 2x 30-07-2016
    ... I lost count...
    Wait, I found my count. Organized 54+ succesful Horntail runs.
    [​IMG]